Discussion EPL Dream Team Discussion - Season 2019/20

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks. Potentially S Haller back to H Kane after the upcoming round to finish my fwds due to also possessing M Salah and S Aguerro (replacing Pukki for this round). Also I’d appreciate your thoughts on the replacement for Grealish as currently I have Eriksen in the lead but am also contemplating D James and R Fraser.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Thanks. Potentially S Haller back to H Kane after the upcoming round to finish my fwds due to also possessing M Salah and S Aguerro (replacing Pukki for this round). Also I’d appreciate your thoughts on the replacement for Grealish as currently I have Eriksen in the lead but am also contemplating D James and R Fraser.
1567903542334.png
1567903266783.png
  • Eriksen has the hardest draw of the 3 and may still leave the club in the Jan transfer window. He has already started from the bench in 2 of the 4 games to date and Spurs have a plethora of midfield options for this season so the risk of benching is still valid. On form though, he's probably their most attractive option as he's on corner's and free kicks duty.
  • James has had a flying start to his PL carer with 3 goals in as many starts and has risen quite appreciably from his starting price. He looks their most likely forwards at the moment but will that continue...?
  • Fraser hasn't look himself to start the season but they do have a nice run of fixture and he can go on a streak of scoring well. There has been a total of 13 goals in games involving Bournemouth so the opportunity is there.
Eriksen or Fraser looks the best long term option, James if you prefer to make some more cash and don't mind using another trade.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 11611
View attachment 11609
  • Eriksen has the hardest draw of the 3 and may still leave the club in the Jan transfer window. He has already started from the bench in 2 of the 4 games to date and Spurs have a plethora of midfield options for this season so the risk of benching is still valid. On form though, he's probably their most attractive option as he's on corner's and free kicks duty.
  • James has had a flying start to his PL carer with 3 goals in as many starts and has risen quite appreciably from his starting price. He looks their most likely forwards at the moment but will that continue...?
  • Fraser hasn't look himself to start the season but they do have a nice run of fixture and he can go on a streak of scoring well. There has been a total of 13 goals in games involving Bournemouth so the opportunity is there.
Eriksen or Fraser looks the best long term option, James if you prefer to make some more cash and don't mind using another trade.
Thanks. Might have another round to look at Eriksen and select James instead saving 1 million and allowing Mount and Haller to be traded to C Eriksen and H Kane the week afterwards.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Waiting another week on C Eriksen to see how he fares this week so D James will be replacing J Grealish along with S Aguerro replacing T Pukki. With NFL underway and NBA around the corner it will be fun trying to juggle all of the formats but shouldn't be too difficult.

Likely going with K De Bruyne as captain again unless I decide to give Aguerro the duties on debut.
1568171972152.png
Hoping to turn M Mount, D James and S Haller into C Eriksen, P Pogba and H Kane over the next fortnight to 3 weeks and potentially making a profit from those 3 combined trades. Also will look to start grabbing some defenders (TAA, VVD, A Robertson, etc) come RD7-RD8.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Waiting another week on C Eriksen to see how he fares this week so D James will be replacing J Grealish along with S Aguerro replacing T Pukki. With NFL underway and NBA around the corner it will be fun trying to juggle all of the formats but shouldn't be too difficult.

Likely going with K De Bruyne as captain again unless I decide to give Aguerro the duties on debut.
View attachment 11649
Hoping to turn M Mount, D James and S Haller into C Eriksen, P Pogba and H Kane over the next fortnight to 3 weeks and potentially making a profit from those 3 combined trades. Also will look to start grabbing some defenders (TAA, VVD, A Robertson, etc) come RD7-RD8.
Thought you said you were a novice ? You are going to have your side at super premium by Round 8.

Well done

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thought you said you were a novice ? You are going to have your side at super premium by Round 8.

Well done
;). Beginners luck.

But after the next 5-8 trades used to grab P Pogba, C Eriksen, H Kane, 1 or 2 of the Liverpool def trio, I don’t know what I’m going to do with the remaining 25 odd trades over the remaining 30 rounds.

AFL Club
Collingwood
;). Beginners luck.

But after the next 5-8 trades used to grab P Pogba, C Eriksen, H Kane, 1 or 2 of the Liverpool def trio, I don’t know what I’m going to do with the remaining 25 odd trades over the remaining 30 rounds.
sit tight on top of the table by the look of things, or start planning for DWG and teams not playing at all, when you might be lucky to have 5-6 players actually playing , little bit of NBA & IPL trading premiums in and out according to schedule

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Is anyone going to hold Pukki for another week? By my rough calculations he would have a BE somewhere around 12, so not risking huge cash losses, but surely he doesn’t get one past Man City ... but he is playing at home :unsure: I think I’m leaning to move him on, but still undecided.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Is anyone going to hold Pukki for another week? By my rough calculations he would have a BE somewhere around 12, so not risking huge cash losses, but surely he doesn’t get one past Man City ... but he is playing at home :unsure: I think I’m leaning to move him on, but still undecided.
His BE is 8.

Scored against Liverpool , no reason he can't score against the Citizens especially with Laporte missing.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trading to Aguerro this week.

If there are more pressing issues he would be fine to hold for another week but ideally you would like to trade him for 1 of Aguerro, Salah, Kane, Sterling, Haller or Abraham.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure, 1 of 3 I'm considering to trade this week. I'll sort it out later this afternoon.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Trading to Aguerro this week.

If there are more pressing issues he would be fine to hold for another week but ideally you would like to trade him for 1 of Aguerro, Salah, Kane, Sterling, Haller or Abraham.
still no love for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ?

Barnes & Wood should be looked at as well with Burnley's fixtures

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
good call , his BE is -22
Could then be sideways traded to a Kane, Sterling, etc in the coming weeks and the cash garnered from the Pukki trade used to upgrade a Stevens, Mings, bench def to a TAA, VVD, etc.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Could then be sideways traded to a Kane, Sterling, etc in the coming weeks and the cash garnered from the Pukki trade used to upgrade a Stevens, Mings, bench def to a TAA, VVD, etc.
Certainly merit in using some of these low priced strikers for a very quick cash grab if they have a couple of good scores in a row , sadly I am still waiting for King & Kean to join the party.

Think Champions League starts next week , little bit of talk that Sterling might start on the bench this week or next , so certainly monitoring him.

Once Alison is back for a few games I think then will be the time for VVD & TAA , most of the better coaches on here generally will play a 2-5-3 setup but the must have mids might need a bit more time this season to sort themselves out