Erich's 2020 SuperCoach Selector!

Erich1036

400 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great work mate well done!

Just so you know in all likelihood Whitfield is a mid-forward and Danger is a Mid only as per the player ratings twitter page
I had a crack using the picker and just selected Whitfield in the mids and Danger Fwd to get around that haha.
As I said in the notes, I don't think you can trust that for final positions so I'll elaborate further here. Here are some examples of inaccuracies from the player ratings:

Travis Boak is still listed as a "midfielder/forward" despite playing midfield all season
Jeremy Finlayson is still listed as a "key defender" despite playing forward all season
Brad Ebert is still listed as a "midfielder" despite playing forward all season
Will Snelling is still listed as a "midfielder" despite spending all his time in the forward line
Toby Greene is still listed as a "small/medium forward" despite spending a lot of time in the midfield
Josh Dunkley is still listed as a "midfielder/forward" despite playing most of the year in the midfield
Hunter Clark is still listed as a "small/medium defender" despite playing most of the year in the midfield
Jack Watts is still listed as a "small/medium forward" despite only playing as a defender (granted only 2 games)

Those were just some examples off the top of my head. A couple of them might happen but certainly not all of them. But even if you still swear by it, the current version on the AFL website has Dangerfield as a "midfielder/forward".

Regardless, Dangerfield and Whitfield are certainly two players who will go close to either gaining or losing DPP. Time will tell!

BlueNwhiteHoops

AFL Club
Geelong
Green likely to lose that end of year mid time once Ward & Cogs are back in.
Probably full priced for a 90-95 player unless you see him keeping his midfield spot.

Manikato1

150 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
I tried one year to have a disappointment free team. I went for 3 or 4 blue chip stocks and then picked as many other players as I could that I couldn't possibly see going backwards. Needless to say I was disappointed. Under promise and over deliver is something I use on a daily basis but maybe you should deliberately build some disappointment into your selector to help us prepare better mentally! :)

Instead of a supercoachscores catch up at a bar maybe we need an Adelaide style training camp!
I'll get things started.
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.
But you know we need a good song that needs to be played over and over again... All ways look on the bright side of life? Or the Knights that say Ni...

pizza safety

AFL Club
Essendon
As I said in the notes, I don't think you can trust that for final positions so I'll elaborate further here. Here are some examples of inaccuracies from the player ratings:

Travis Boak is still listed as a "midfielder/forward" despite playing midfield all season
Jeremy Finlayson is still listed as a "key defender" despite playing forward all season
Will Snelling is still listed as a "midfielder" despite spending all his time in the forward line
Toby Greene is still listed as a "small/medium forward" despite spending a lot of time in the midfield
Josh Dunkley is still listed as a "midfielder/forward" despite playing most of the year in the midfield
Hunter Clark is still listed as a "small/medium defender" despite playing most of the year in the midfield
Jack Watts is still listed as a "small/medium forward" despite only playing as a defender (granted only 2 games)

Those were just some examples off the top of my head. A couple of them might happen but certainly not all of them. But even if you still swear by it, the current version on the AFL website has Dangerfield as a "midfielder/forward".

Regardless, Dangerfield and Whitfield are certainly two players who will go close to either gaining or losing DPP. Time will tell!
To clarify this the player ratings on the AFL website combines two years worth of position data to give positions (with 35% being the cut off for having two positions), whereas the player ratings twitter page gives us this years positions alone and therefore what will be used for next year.

We can't rely on the AFL's website but we can make a pretty good guess based on available positions from the AFL player ratings twitter page (which stopped updating positions after the first week of the finals). https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

With Whitfield listed as a DEF last year and now listed as a FWD-MID on the AFL website (two year sample) and their twitter page (one year sample), so we can make a pretty accurate assumption that he will be a forward next year.

DEF-MIDS are never officially classified as such because there's not enough of them to create a meaningful rating system for them.

pizza safety

AFL Club
Essendon

Here is an example of them at the end of R24 of this year. Depending on what happened during the rest of finals and some fine tuning, those will be the positions for next year.

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 10.49.16 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 10.49.40 pm.png

Erich1036

400 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
To clarify this the player ratings on the AFL website combines two years worth of position data to give positions (with 35% being the cut off for having two positions), whereas the player ratings twitter page gives us this years positions alone and therefore what will be used for next year.

We can't rely on the AFL's website but we can make a pretty good guess based on available positions from the AFL player ratings twitter page (which stopped updating positions after the first week of the finals). https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

With Whitfield listed as a DEF last year and now listed as a FWD-MID on the AFL website (two year sample) and their twitter page (one year sample), so we can make a pretty accurate assumption that he will be a forward next year.

DEF-MIDS are never officially classified as such because there's not enough of them to create a meaningful rating system for them.
Thanks for the clarification! This is great to know. These positions look much better than the ones on the AFL website. I'll definitely look into it and make some changes in the next updated version with this new info.