Erich's 2020 SuperCoach Selector!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Essendon
Howdy everyone, I've created a handy little tool some of you might remember from previous seasons. Let's get a leg up on the rest of the fantasy world!

In case you have forgotten, here's how to use this bad boy:

• Simply put the number '1' in the 'Select' column in the row of the player you want to select. You'll then see them appear in your team at the top of the page, and their price deducted from your salary cap in the right hand corner of the page.

• Swap between defenders, midfielders, rucks and forwards via the tabs at the bottom of the page.

Notes:

• Player positions have been predicted by myself. My predicted positions are not the letter of the law, so if you don't agree with me, feel free to go right ahead and change it! I saw some people referring to the AFL player ratings for positions, but after a bit of a look I've determined they can't be trusted. Last I looked, they had a bunch that were clearly incorrect, with the main example being Jeremy Finlayson as a 'key defender' (0% chance of being DEF). So I've backed myself in again rather than putting people in positions I know will be incorrect. I did put a lot of time into the positional changes though and I've been pretty accurate in the past couple of seasons so you should have some faith in me by now ;) With that being said, there will inevitably be some that end up being incorrect but I've tried my best. If you've got a question about any players position, feel free to ask, and I'll try to justify why they're the position they're listed as.

• Players prices are based on the magic number of 5428.5 which was used in the 2019 season. This will most certainly change for the 2020 season, but to what, sadly I do not know. Your guess is a good as mine, so I just played it safe and went with what they used this year. Hopefully it turns out to be around the mark. I did a lot of research into the player discount system so hopefully that all ends up being on the money too. However, sometimes Supercoach take liberties when a player appears to be too cheap (to the extent where everyone has them), so I've also taken a similar approach on a couple of instances and ignored the 'rules'. Again, feel free to ask about a certain players price.

• I've added a bunch of likely first-round draft picks into the spreadsheet with an accompanying price, this is also just a prediction by myself.

All in all, I hope this is a tool you'll find very helpful to get a head start on the rest of the competition! I expect a shoutout when you end up winning SuperCoach due to the extra months of team building... and I expect to see a rate my team thread within the next 24 hours :)

ENJOY! (and let me know if you encounter any errors!)

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rxi6izbmpfnh54m/Erich's_2020_Supercoach_Selector.xlsx/file

AFL Club
Collingwood
great work @Erich1036, since you have put so much effort in, I thought it was only fair to make a side

Lloyd, Laird, Docherty + 5

Cripps, Oliver, Mitchell, Ward, Rowell, Anderson, Bonar, Pickett + 3

Grundy, Gawn + 1

Dangerfield, Martin, Heeney + 5

$ 2,452,400.00 for the remaining 14 players.

Interestingly Dream team talk is adamant that Whitfield will be F/M for fantasy next season.

A couple of other players I hope you have got their position wrong :)

great work though , be interested to see how close you get to the final positions and prices.

Cheers

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks @Erich1036 for this wonderful resource.

Don't think I'd be game to start with this line-up, but quite fun playing around with the potential structures for next season.

Def: R Laird, J Sicily, S Docherty, T Doedee, D Roberton, rookie
Mid: J Macrae, N Fyfe, J Kelly, C Oliver, T Mitchell, C Ward, M Rowell, M Pickett
Ruck: B Grundy, M Gawn
Fwd: S Menegola, C Wingard, J Steven, N Anderson, A Bonar, I Rankine

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice side @Herbie66, mine is looking very similar:

Doc 457
Lloyd 591
Laird 526
+5

Mitchell 561
Macrae 669
Cripps 636
Oliver 594
D Smith 336
Pickett 124
+5

Grundy 707
Gawn 697
+1

Danger 625
Dusty 543
Heeney 511
+5

16 rookies @ 151k average

Also looking pretty interesting:

Sicily 509

Ward 398
Bonar 180

Greenwood 464
Menegola 442
Wingard 412

AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice side @Herbie66, mine is looking very similar:

Doc 457
Lloyd 591
Laird 526
+5

Mitchell 561
Macrae 669
Cripps 636
Oliver 594
D Smith 336
Pickett 124
+5

Grundy 707
Gawn 697
+1

Danger 625
Dusty 543
Heeney 511
+5

16 rookies @ 151k average

Also looking pretty interesting:

Sicily 509

Ward 398
Bonar 180

Greenwood 464
Menegola 442
Wingard 412
Cheers for that , just had a quick play.

Hoping for a 3-4-2-3 , then depending on rookies slotting in a extra premium somewhere.

Anderson & Bonar might be gifts if they are both F/M along with Rankine & the King boy.

McHenry will be a big chance for the Crows next season as well.

Was hoping Smith was a Forward , will keep my other player that @Erich1036 has as a mid only under wraps for the time being.

Menegola certainly of interest as will be Jack Steven if he is a F/M although always thought he is more a RDT player.

AFL Club
Essendon
Cheers for that , just had a quick play.

Hoping for a 3-4-2-3 , then depending on rookies slotting in a extra premium somewhere.

Anderson & Bonar might be gifts if they are both F/M along with Rankine & the King boy.

McHenry will be a big chance for the Crows next season as well.

Was hoping Smith was a Forward , will keep my other player that @Erich1036 has as a mid only under wraps for the time being.

Menegola certainly of interest as will be Jack Steven if he is a F/M although always thought he is more a RDT player.
Smith is certainly a good chance of being a FWD still, he was a bit harder to analyze due to only playing 7 games. And as you mentioned before, Whitfield is certainly a good chance of being FWD too. When it's a 50/50 line ball sort of call, I tend to lean towards the 'safer' option of not getting peoples hopes up too much and having a heap of disappointment due to my incorrect DPP in the selector :ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
Collingwood
Smith is certainly a good chance of being a FWD still, he was a bit harder to analyze due to only playing 7 games. And as you mentioned before, Whitfield is certainly a good chance of being FWD too. When it's a 50/50 line ball sort of call, I tend to lean towards the 'safer' option of not getting peoples hopes up too much and having a heap of disappointment due to my incorrect DPP in the selector :ROFLMAO:
Fantastic job , I would not even know where to start in regards to players positions.

Great work , thanks again for creating the spreadsheet.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha - that’s probably a wise move, I wouldn’t be complaining if Smith ended up being forward-eligible :)

Great work on the selector, it’s interesting to see what sort of setup might be possible at this stage. Have you come up with a side yourself?

AFL Club
Essendon
Haha - that’s probably a wise move, I wouldn’t be complaining if Smith ended up being forward-eligible :)

Great work on the selector, it’s interesting to see what sort of setup might be possible at this stage. Have you come up with a side yourself?
Funny you mention that, I actually haven't yet! I might give it a crack later today :)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Funny you mention that, I actually haven't yet! I might give it a crack later today :)
Well looking forward to it!

Here is mine, 4, 3.5, 2, 4, but I've already blown the budget, and the no flogs rule. Lucky I've got about 900 versions left to go.

Houli
Williams
Sicily
Doc

Macrae
Fyfe
Cogs
Ward

Grawndy pt1
& pt2

Danger
Dusty
Heeney
Curnow

16 x $129,350 left to go. (Or about 16 x 123,900 plus about 80k for non-basement rookie.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
I tried one year to have a disappointment free team. I went for 3 or 4 blue chip stocks and then picked as many other players as I could that I couldn't possibly see going backwards. Needless to say I was disappointed. Under promise and over deliver is something I use on a daily basis but maybe you should deliberately build some disappointment into your selector to help us prepare better mentally! :)

Instead of a supercoachscores catch up at a bar maybe we need an Adelaide style training camp!
I'll get things started.
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

AFL Club
Essendon
Howdy everyone, I've created a handy little tool some of you might remember from previous seasons. Let's get a leg up on the rest of the fantasy world!

In case you have forgotten, here's how to use this bad boy:

• Simply put the number '1' in the 'Select' column in the row of the player you want to select. You'll then see them appear in your team at the top of the page, and their price deducted from your salary cap in the right hand corner of the page.

• Swap between defenders, midfielders, rucks and forwards via the tabs at the bottom of the page.

Notes:

• Player positions have been predicted by myself. My predicted positions are not the letter of the law, so if you don't agree with me, feel free to go right ahead and change it! I saw some people referring to the AFL player ratings for positions, but after a bit of a look I've determined they can't be trusted. Last I looked, they had a bunch that were clearly incorrect, with the main example being Jeremy Finlayson as a 'key defender' (0% chance of being DEF). So I've backed myself in again rather than putting people in positions I know will be incorrect. I did put a lot of time into the positional changes though and I've been pretty accurate in the past couple of seasons so you should have some faith in me by now ;) With that being said, there will inevitably be some that end up being incorrect but I've tried my best. If you've got a question about any players position, feel free to ask, and I'll try to justify why they're the position they're listed as.

• Players prices are based on the magic number of 5428.5 which was used in the 2019 season. This will most certainly change for the 2020 season, but to what, sadly I do not know. Your guess is a good as mine, so I just played it safe and went with what they used this year. Hopefully it turns out to be around the mark. I did a lot of research into the player discount system so hopefully that all ends up being on the money too. However, sometimes Supercoach take liberties when a player appears to be too cheap (to the extent where everyone has them), so I've also taken a similar approach on a couple of instances and ignored the 'rules'. Again, feel free to ask about a certain players price.

• I've added a bunch of likely first-round draft picks into the spreadsheet with an accompanying price, this is also just a prediction by myself.

All in all, I hope this is a tool you'll find very helpful to get a head start on the rest of the competition! I expect a shoutout when you end up winning SuperCoach due to the extra months of team building... and I expect to see a rate my team thread within the next 24 hours :)

ENJOY! (and let me know if you encounter any errors!)

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rxi6izbmpfnh54m/Erich's_2020_Supercoach_Selector.xlsx/file
Great work mate well done!

Just so you know in all likelihood Whitfield is a mid-forward and Danger is a Mid only as per the player ratings twitter page

Status
Not open for further replies.