Competitions F1 Fantasy

AFL Club
Collingwood
757, back down to 2nd. Again very lucky to keep Max over Charles but just got done by a team that had zero Ferraris and 2 red Bulls.

This week definitely feels like it'll be a 3 trade week with some pretty significant price movements coming!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I genuinely don't know what to do this week. Common sense seems to say to look to trade the Ferraris out but to who?

The only way to get from ferrari to red bull is to go sainz to Schumacher which is likely to erode points rather than make me points if the Ferraris perform to expectations. If they do finish P3 and P4, I also don't really see them dropping enough cash to be worth the trade out if they do achieve those results.

I could also go sainz to leclerc, given there's only a 5m gap between them, but again that involves going ferrari down to probably mclaren which is net negative for points.

Minimal trades for me this week again I think. At absolute most, Max to leclerc and haas to mclaren, but that relies on leclerc having a clear pace advantage in practice which I don't see happening.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've prepared some driver and teams break evens going into round 9, which is this weekend.

Drivers: Gasly -13, Vettel 4, Alonso 5, Schumacher 7, Zhou 15, Latifi 15, Dan Ric 18, Stroll 21, Albon 31, Magnussen 32, Tsunoda 36, Perez 38, Norris 45, Bottas 58, Sainz 65, Ocon 69, Russell 76, Hamilton 76, Leclerc 106, Max 145

Teams: Haas 7, Alpha 20, Aston 21, McLaren 34, Williams 39, Alfa 41, Alpine 68, Mercedes 104, Ferrari 110, Red Bull 120

Got to be a mistake with the Ferrari driver and car BE's:
Actually no. Basically, due to all of their issues over the last four rounds, they simply haven't gotten as expensive as they should have. So despite the DNF's last round, they still have achievable BE's now. So if they are quick in practice again, you might want to hold off on the fire sale. At the very least, you would hope Sainz could reach his BE of 65 if he finishes the race.

Trades:
Alpine has to go. There isn't much value there and trading them to Haas for a round may be the easiest option. Alonso to Gasly is also an option but Alonso should still go up also.

Otherwise the cash is there to trade Ferrari to Red Bull or Leclerc to Max if required.

Out: Alpine, Alonso?
In: Haas, Gasly?

Leclerc (C), Perez, Sainz, Alonso/Gasly
Red Bull, Ferrari, Ferrari, Haas

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seems F2 and F3 are on their way to Melbourne next year (and maybe in the years that follow). I wonder what that means for the Supercars? Obviously the F2 and F3 cars will need track time for practice/qualifying/race, so that's going to cut into the support categories.

Maybe the S5000 series wont be back anyway. But unless they drop the Carrera Cup from the schedule entirely, I just can't see how the Supercars maintain all 4 of their races on the schedule.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems F2 and F3 are on their way to Melbourne next year (and maybe in the years that follow). I wonder what that means for the Supercars? Obviously the F2 and F3 cars will need track time for practice/qualifying/race, so that's going to cut into the support categories.

Maybe the S5000 series wont be back anyway. But unless they drop the Carrera Cup from the schedule entirely, I just can't see how the Supercars maintain all 4 of their races on the schedule.
Even though it goes against every cost cutting exercise the supports are trying to do I'm so excited to have F2 and F3 in town. I think the Supercars are committed to 2025 so I'd suspect S5000 drops out and depending on scheduling maybe Carerra Cup too.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Good changes but IMO 17m in the bank is leaving quite a few points on the table. Would think about Alonso to Leclerc (or Gasly to leclerc to save a trade) - Leclercs BE is tough but not unachievable.
Yes, I don't like having that much coin sitting in the bank either.
Trying to squeeze the most $$ out of whoever I can, as I found last season I didn't end up with enough cash to get the top combo.
Probably swinging too far the other way.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Trying to squeeze the most $$ out of whoever I can, as I found last season I didn't end up with enough cash to get the top combo.
Yeah figured with the alonso/gasly combo that was the aim. I agree - tough balance to find!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I take this back. 10 place grid penalty for Sharl for new electronics, with possibly more on the way if he also takes a new turbo

AFL Club
Adelaide
I take this back. 10 place grid penalty for Sharl for new electronics, with possibly more on the way if he also takes a new turbo
Can be great with extra overtaking points on offer, or a disaster if he gets stuck mid-field and doesn't move up.
Either way I'm happy to watch, but I won't be bringing him into my team.