Competitions F1 Fantasy

AFL Club
Carlton
780, up 9 places to 26th.

There's gonna be some really fun breakevens this week with both Alpha Tauris, Vettel, Leclerc and even Alonso putting in great shifts. Will be a great time in the next couple of rounds to grab some discounted Mercedes cars and drivers too!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've prepared some driver and teams break evens going into round 7. We are absolutely spoilt for choice this round. Assuming you stay away from Mercedes, you should make money. So it's about making the most money.

Drivers: Vettel -68, Gasly -28, Gio -12, Tsunoda -2, Perez 8, Schumacher 8, Mazepin 8, Kimi 12, Sainz 14, Latifi 19, Norris 21, Alonso 21, Russell 26, Leclerc 36, Stroll 36, Ocon 57, Dan Ric 87, Max 145, Bottas 195, Hamilton 272

Teams: Aston -17, Haas -4, Alfa 0, Alpha 2, Ferrari 21, Williams 24, Alpine 59, McLaren 71, Red Bull 82, Mercedes 284

Looks like a great round to utilise all three trades. That's likely to be Vettel, Gasly and Perez as a priority if you don't have any of them. If you do, you can look at Aston Martin of Alpha Tauri, but you will likely need to trade a Ferrari with a low BE or a top scoring Red Bull to do so. Gio and Tsunoda are also options if funds are tight. Or you could hold the Ferrari drivers that really don't have high BE's.

Classic points v dollars round coming up as we may see results returning more to 'normal' at Paul Ricard.

What could the Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari prices look like in 2 rounds time, assuming teams score their season averages to date?
Current prices:
Mercedes = $31.4M, Red Bull = $29.3M, Ferrari = $16.8M
Post round 7 prices: Mercedes ~ $27.8M, Red Bull ~ $30.2M, Ferrari = $17.9M
Post round 8 prices: Mercedes ~ $26.1M, Red Bull ~ $30.5M, Ferrari = $18.2M

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great work and thanks for the break evens @Wolffy84 !!

Appreciate the time you put into it for the benefit of everyone here. Very Helpful.
Thank you for the shout out and you are welcome. I've been calculating the BE's in this game for a while so happy to share them with this site. We have five teams in the top 100 so hopefully somebody can challenge for the major prize (which is $250 so set your expectations accordingly).

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 674
Rd Rank: 449
Overall Rank: 277 (from 253)

Current trades:
Out: L Norris, C Sainz and Williams
In: P Gasly, S Vettel and Ferrari
View attachment 30948
That's going to be a popular set of in's.

However, worth mentioning that Max is yet to score 145 (his BE) in a round this season. If people are willing to give Perez the armband, Sainz could be retained instead of Max and that could mean extra dollars later.

AFL Club
Collingwood
790, bringing my rank to 75. Brought in Tsunoda but was strongly considering Gio, not much difference in points but the extra $400k would have been handy.

Genuinely don't know which way to jump this round, going to be interesting that's for sure!

AFL Club
Carlton
I've prepared some driver and teams break evens going into round 7. We are absolutely spoilt for choice this round. Assuming you stay away from Mercedes, you should make money. So it's about making the most money.

Drivers: Vettel -68, Gasly -28, Gio -12, Tsunoda -2, Perez 8, Schumacher 8, Mazepin 8, Kimi 12, Sainz 14, Latifi 19, Norris 21, Alonso 21, Russell 26, Leclerc 36, Stroll 36, Ocon 57, Dan Ric 87, Max 145, Bottas 195, Hamilton 272

Teams: Aston -17, Haas -4, Alfa 0, Alpha 2, Ferrari 21, Williams 24, Alpine 59, McLaren 71, Red Bull 82, Mercedes 284

Looks like a great round to utilise all three trades. That's likely to be Vettel, Gasly and Perez as a priority if you don't have any of them. If you do, you can look at Aston Martin of Alpha Tauri, but you will likely need to trade a Ferrari with a low BE or a top scoring Red Bull to do so. Gio and Tsunoda are also options if funds are tight. Or you could hold the Ferrari drivers that really don't have high BE's.

Classic points v dollars round coming up as we may see results returning more to 'normal' at Paul Ricard.

What could the Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari prices look like in 2 rounds time, assuming teams score their season averages to date?
Current prices:
Mercedes = $31.4M, Red Bull = $29.3M, Ferrari = $16.8M
Post round 7 prices: Mercedes ~ $27.8M, Red Bull ~ $30.2M, Ferrari = $17.9M
Post round 8 prices: Mercedes ~ $26.1M, Red Bull ~ $30.5M, Ferrari = $18.2M
Great work and thanks for the break evens @Wolffy84 !!

Appreciate the time you put into it for the benefit of everyone here. Very Helpful.
Just wanted to echo this, really helpful and gracious of you!

Looking forward, I'm really struggling with which way to go here. I don't think it makes any sense changing cars - Ferrari might be giving Aston about a 40 point headstart but I think in a reasonable race they will probably cover that and make more money. Vettel has been great in the last two races but he's had his fair share of luck - Hamilton getting stuck behind Gasly in Monaco and the late carnage in Baku (although he did also profit from staying out long on the softs, great strategy call!)

On the driver front, Vettel obviously comes in, but who else? I've already got Gasly, Perez and Max in the other three spots, and I'm obviously going to wait for Hamilton to bottom out before picking him up. Bottas is absolutely nowhere right now, the McLarens don't look too hot, and even though Gio and Tsunoda are negative they could easily drop a 5 and make no cash and kill your round. Lots of thinking to do!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just wanted to echo this, really helpful and gracious of you!

Looking forward, I'm really struggling with which way to go here. I don't think it makes any sense changing cars - Ferrari might be giving Aston about a 40 point headstart but I think in a reasonable race they will probably cover that and make more money. Vettel has been great in the last two races but he's had his fair share of luck - Hamilton getting stuck behind Gasly in Monaco and the late carnage in Baku (although he did also profit from staying out long on the softs, great strategy call!)

On the driver front, Vettel obviously comes in, but who else? I've already got Gasly, Perez and Max in the other three spots, and I'm obviously going to wait for Hamilton to bottom out before picking him up. Bottas is absolutely nowhere right now, the McLarens don't look too hot, and even though Gio and Tsunoda are negative they could easily drop a 5 and make no cash and kill your round. Lots of thinking to do!
Thank you and you are welcome.

With Singapore off the calendar, that's the two street races for the season over. Mercedes have pretty much admitted that they knew these would be their worst two races. So I'd expect them to bounce back in France. On the other side, Vettel has 40 points from 4 races before these street races, so we might see him stuck in mid pack again.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thank you and you are welcome.

With Singapore off the calendar, that's the two street races for the season over. Mercedes have pretty much admitted that they knew these would be their worst two races. So I'd expect them to bounce back in France. On the other side, Vettel has 40 points from 4 races before these street races, so we might see him stuck in mid pack again.
I agree, I can see Mercedes doing well here. Even though they will lose cash, they could be high scorers. Tough decision which way to go.

I assume Albert Park is off the calendar if there are no street races left? I thought it was still going ahead.

AFL Club
West Coast
I agree, I can see Mercedes doing well here. Even though they will lose cash, they could be high scorers. Tough decision which way to go.

I assume Albert Park is off the calendar if there are no street races left? I thought it was still going ahead.
Melbourne completely depends on the government and if they grant exemptions to the whole traveling F1 circus as they won't hold the race if any kind of quarantine is needed.

So unfortunately you would say it's unlikely, but before this latest outbreak in Melbourne... I think the race promoter's had indicated talks where going well with the government about some kind of bubble for the F1 circus.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Melbourne completely depends on the government and if they grant exemptions to the whole traveling F1 circus as they won't hold the race if any kind of quarantine is needed.

So unfortunately you would say it's unlikely, but before this latest outbreak in Melbourne... I think the race promoter's had indicated talks where going well with the government about some kind of bubble for the F1 circus.
That's similar to my understanding, not ruled out yet, but who knows.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even if the race in Melbourne did go ahead, it's a bit of a different street circuit to Monaco, Baku and Singapore. Mercedes have struggled at those three tracks more than any other throughout the last few years. They've always looked pretty quick in Melbourne.

I guess it's more with Singapore off the calendar, there are no circuits left where Mercedes just don't have a great car setup for it.

Also, just noticed its a triple header from next weekend with France, Austria and the "Republic of Styrian" all hosting races over a 3 week period.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Austria and Styrian races both at the Redbull ring.
Not that it helps Redbull, Hamilton won the last race there.