Position Forward Discussion

Which players caught your eye after Marsh 1...?

• H Greenwood

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • D Parish

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • A Brayshaw

• C Petracca

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • C Rozee

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • J Martin

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • C Wingard

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • B Acres

• D Smith

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Bulldogs
You just need to get them when they're in a hot run of form. Players like TJL might have a 10 match stretch where they average 105, and 80 for the remaining 12 matches. That's why I'd be hesitant to start him. Key forwards aren't known for their consistency and you're betting on him having his good patch early.

AFL Club
Geelong
You just need to get them when they're in a hot run of form. Players like TJL might have a 10 match stretch where they average 105, and 80 for the remaining 12 matches. That's why I'd be hesitant to start him. Key forwards aren't known for their consistency and you're betting on him having his good patch early.
Risks like you are describing lesser drastically with less money invested. 388k isn't much.

AFL Club
West Coast
Risks like you are describing lesser drastically with less money invested. 388k isn't much.
@Agent 47 even with the numbers you've put forward, that would put TJL at the 8th best forward based on last years averages... (he's 388k with significant upside) and yes there will be ups and downs but the week to week scores don't really matter if he's a keeper. Save the gambles for somewhere else in your team.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Even though you need some keepers a big part of the game is leveraging price. Obviously cheap rookies are the best source but key position forwards can be another source. They generally cycle somewhere between $350k to $550k and can give you some big vice captains scores especially against bottom placed teams. Lynch is now priced near the bottom of that cycle. If you see supercoach as a chance to win some money against friends then you probably want to play a bit safer but if you are trying to win the overall, safe rarely wins.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Even though you need some keepers a big part of the game is leveraging price. Obviously cheap rookies are the best source but key position forwards can be another source. They generally cycle somewhere between $350k to $550k and can give you some big vice captains scores especially against bottom placed teams. Lynch is now priced near the bottom of that cycle. If you see supercoach as a chance to win some money against friends then you probably want to play a bit safer but if you are trying to win the overall, safe rarely wins.

Hi Freowho,
Based on your reasoning , who would you have from these 6 , Whitfield , Smith , Dusty , Steven , Hill , Lynch (Rankine Cameron ) or anyone else to consider

FT

AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi Freowho,
Based on your reasoning , who would you have from these 6 , Whitfield , Smith , Dusty , Steven , Hill , Lynch (Rankine Cameron ) or anyone else to consider

FT
Whitfield had a spike year with GWS mids missing games. Devon Smith was a handy keeper at his best but not a must have given his missed games history . The others all seem like reasonable picks. I think Heeney has another gear.
The forward line always seems to throw up a breakout player. Look for low time on ground last year or someone leaving the club to create opportunties.
I can't see anyone obvious in the forward line but Andrew Brayshaw has both those things going for him.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Whitfield had a spike year with GWS mids missing games. Devon Smith was a handy keeper at his best but not a must have given his missed games history . The others all seem like reasonable picks. I think Heeney has another gear.
The forward line always seems to throw up a breakout player. Look for low time on ground last year or someone leaving the club to create opportunties.
I can't see anyone obvious in the forward line but Andrew Brayshaw has both those things going for him.
but is still a lock to be at minimum be a top 6 forward

AFL Club
Sydney
Bit harsh on Whitfield. His running is so elite that it's hard to keep him from racking it up.

Don't mind Brayshaw as a POD - would need another decent run in the mids though, obviously. Just as it seem like he was in the guts for good last year, they suddenly threw him forward again for the last couple of games....

Rozee is all class but probably needs another year (size?). Ditto Tarryn Thomas... star in the making but suspect too soon to be Supercoach relevant.

Wingard could easily be top 6 Forward if he stays on the park.

Roos seemed really keen to get Jy Simpkin an extended run in the mids, but geez he goes missing a lot.

Tom Atkins? Jack Silvagni? Probably scraping the bottom of the barrel.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bit harsh on Whitfield. His running is so elite that it's hard to keep him from racking it up.

Don't mind Brayshaw as a POD - would need another decent run in the mids though, obviously. Just as it seem like he was in the guts for good last year, they suddenly threw him forward again for the last couple of games....

Rozee is all class but probably needs another year (size?). Ditto Tarryn Thomas... star in the making but suspect too soon to be Supercoach relevant.

Wingard could easily be top 6 Forward if he stays on the park.

Roos seemed really keen to get Jy Simpkin an extended run in the mids, but geez he goes missing a lot.

Tom Atkins? Jack Silvagni? Probably scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I’m surprised there isn’t a bit more talk of Wingard. If he gets through the pre season without his annual soft tissue injury he’ll be well and truly in the mix for me.

Rozee has put on 5kg of muscle apparently, still probably weighs about 19kg wringing wet though.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m surprised there isn’t a bit more talk of Wingard. If he gets through the ore season without his annual soft tissue injury he’ll be well and truly in the mix for me.

Rozee has put on 5kg of muscle apparently, still probably weighs about 19kg wringing wet though.
Wingard attended a heap of centre bounces to end the season, but it just didn't look like it translated to his SC score. That's why I'm giving him a miss for now.

AFL Club
Brisbane
I’m surprised there isn’t a bit more talk of Wingard. If he gets through the ore season without his annual soft tissue injury he’ll be well and truly in the mix for me.

hows Bergman going? would be great if he gets as good a go as butters and rozee

AFL Club
West Coast
Andrew Gaff on the news last night was asked which youngsters have improved the most this off-season... He singled out Jarrod Brander (FWD/DEF $133,000) as having a huge off-season, Said he is the leading the charge for Masten's spot and could be playing on the wing opposite Gaff. Has great endurance and is key position size so can play either in DEF or up forward like he did in the WAFL last season if needed there. That is great flexibility being able to play anywhere. Has been training with the mids at times this pre-season.

It's his third season in 2020, and he was very highly regarded coming into his draft year. Hopefully he gets a good go this year and breaks out. be good to have as a rookie option.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Andrew Gaff on the news last night was asked which youngsters have improved the most this off-season... He singled out Jarrod Brander (FWD/DEF $133,000) as having a huge off-season, Said he is the leading the charge for Masten's spot and could be playing on the wing opposite Gaff. Has great endurance and is key position size so can play either in DEF or up forward like he did in the WAFL last season if needed there. That is great flexibility being able to play anywhere. Has been training with the mids at times this pre-season.

It's his third season in 2020, and he was very highly regarded coming into his draft year. Hopefully he gets a good go this year and breaks out. be good to have as a rookie option.
Be amazing flexibilty to have him, S Hill and Dawson (if you like him) floating around between two lines. Keep going son!

AFL Club
West Coast
Be amazing flexibilty to have him, S Hill and Dawson (if you like him) floating around between two lines. Keep going son!
Yes it would be very handy indeed.

Coming into his draft year in 2017... Brander was being talked about as a possible Pick 1. He slipped to 13 and West Coast couldn't call out his name fast enough. Through injury and the strengh of the Eagles list... His opportunities have been limited in his first 2 years. He is a long term replacement for Kennedy who is likely in his last year... But I feel the club just has to get games into him this season. Now is the time, and it was very encouraging to hear Gaff talk about his improvement.

AFL Club
West Coast
Yes it would be very handy indeed.

Coming into his draft year in 2017... Brander was being talked about as a possible Pick 1. He slipped to 13 and West Coast couldn't call out his name fast enough. Through injury and the strengh of the Eagles list... His opportunities have been limited in his first 2 years. He is a long term replacement for Kennedy who is likely in his last year... But I feel the club just has to get games into him this season. Now is the time, and it was very encouraging to hear Gaff talk about his improvement.
Yes it is nice to hear, I've heard so many supporters complain that we missed out on Kelly because we went for Brander and Allen first... Allen hit the ground running but Brander has also been doing his thing in the background. By all accounts we were going to pick Kelly with our next pick anyway (had to go Flyin' Ryan instead) but I'm glad the club recognised JJK needed to be replaced and KPF's need a few years to be ready.

AFL Club
West Coast
Yes it is nice to hear, I've heard so many supporters complain that we missed out on Kelly because we went for Brander and Allen first... Allen hit the ground running but Brander has also been doing his thing in the background. By all accounts we were going to pick Kelly with our next pick anyway (had to go Flyin' Ryan instead) but I'm glad the club recognised JJK needed to be replaced and KPF's need a few years to be ready.
Yeah from what I understand, the plan in the 2017 draft was Allen at 13, Kelly at 21 and Ryan at 26. Brander was unexpectedly there at 13, then Allen also at 21... So we couldn't pass up two gun talls we highly rated. We all know Geelong then jumped in and got Kelly before our next pick.

For many years West Coast have been elite at developing and drafting elite talls... It's our mids we struggle identifying, Though to be fair we always enter the draft after the real elite mids are off the table.

So if this really is JK's last year, We have to get games into Brander so he can partner Allen & Darling up forward. It's hard to play Brander forward whilst JK is playing, so his versatility is a real bonus.

Hopefully we have a real handy SC pick on our hands (And player!!), lol

AFL Club
Brisbane
Yeah from what I understand, the plan in the 2017 draft was Allen at 13, Kelly at 21 and Ryan at 26. Brander was unexpectedly there at 13, then Allen also at 21... So we couldn't pass up two gun talls we highly rated. We all know Geelong then jumped in and got Kelly before our next pick.

For many years West Coast have been elite at developing and drafting elite talls... It's our mids we struggle identifying, Though to be fair we always enter the draft after the real elite mids are off the table.

So if this really is JK's last year, We have to get games into Brander so he can partner Allen & Darling up forward. It's hard to play Brander forward whilst JK is playing, so his versatility is a real bonus.

Hopefully we have a real handy SC pick on our hands (And player!!), lol
you could end up getting one through your n.g.a;):LOL: