Position Forward Discussion

Which players caught your eye after Marsh 1...?

• H Greenwood

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • D Parish

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • A Brayshaw

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • C Petracca

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • C Rozee

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • J Martin

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • C Wingard

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • B Acres

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • D Smith

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Fremantle
Good post with the heat maps Connoisseur. I'm inclined to look at role rather than scoring and I think Petracca, B Smith and Simpkin are better picks than Rozee and Heeney. Rozee looks like an exceptional talent but has so far scored well in two big wins.
I'll probably discard Houston to bring in B Smith this week. Underpriced keepers as good as cash cows at this point in the year.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Discarding Houston to bring in B. Smith?! Please elaborate!

I've got both and am hating it.

To me they each seem like they've got a great role, traditionally, but neither is deserving of it. Midfield craft is not there.
I think he is talking about Bailey Smith instead of Brodie Smith.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good post with the heat maps Connoisseur. I'm inclined to look at role rather than scoring and I think Petracca, B Smith and Simpkin are better picks than Rozee and Heeney. Rozee looks like an exceptional talent but has so far scored well in two big wins.
I'll probably discard Houston to bring in B Smith this week. Underpriced keepers as good as cash cows at this point in the year.
I noticed earlier that Footywire has Rozee and Simpkin listed as 74 and 75kg. It’s possible that’s a bit dated, but surely that can’t be positive for their potential to sustain premium scoring.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is Dan Butler (69,115 $277,400 be -28) relevant this year?
He did have one good pre-season match too, scoring 86 from 84% game time against the Hawks. I was considering him in my team after that. His second pre-season match wasn't as good though, 28 from 82% game time. I didn't consider him any further after that.

He will likely have a few good games, but looks like he could have some bad scores too. Wouldn't be the worst pick, but I would want to be looping his score where possible.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I noticed earlier that Footywire has Rozee and Simpkin listed as 74 and 75kg. It’s possible that’s a bit dated, but surely that can’t be positive for their potential to sustain premium scoring.
same as in the Prospectus

won't stop Ring a Ring a though , has the wheels to burn and tricks to match.

already being talked up as being potentially the Power's ?

damn exciting to watch each week

sounds like Kenny has given the 3 Musketeers a free licence this season , might change if they start losing a few games

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
same as in the Prospectus

won't stop Ring a Ring a though , has the wheels to burn and tricks to match.

already being talked up as being potentially the Power's ?

damn exciting to watch each week

sounds like Kenny has given the 3 Musketeers a free licence this season , might change if they start losing a few games
I actually haven’t seen him play recently, so you may well be right.

I’m always mindful of these early career breakout predictions, given how seldom they happen. The o***ets as I see it are (1) he seems to have been viewed as a genuinely special talent even last year, so it’s not like we’re all jumping on the bandwagon of a player with no positive signs historically, and (2) he is forward eligible, so the hurdle for premo scoring is notably lowered.