Position Forwards Discussion

Which forwards will you be starting outside of Danger/Heeney? (new poll 4/3/19)

• Gray $526k

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Mundy $521k

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Menegola $543k

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • McLean $514k

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Kelly $506k

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • Boak $477k

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Billings $438k

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Gresham $430k

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Worpel $396k

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Greene $354k

Votes: 33 25.8%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Geelong
From today’s training/match sim. Cockatoo ($191k) trained away from main group and did 1km runs, Menegola ($543k) didn’t train as he recovers from a knee cleanout.

The entire session lasted more than two-and-a-half hours with Tim Kelly ($506k), Brandan Parfitt ($434k) and Luke Dahlhaus ($418k) among the standouts in a prolonged period of match simulation.
Someone talk me out of starting Parfitt please...:love:
Geez cats have a host of forward listed players this season that should and could make top 10 forwards!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Someone talk me out of starting Parfitt please...:love:
Geez cats have a host of forward listed players this season that should and could make top 10 forwards!
Why gamble on Parfait when there are safer/proven bets from the GEE boys?

AFL Club
Geelong
Why gamble on Parfait when there are safer/proven bets from the GEE boys?
Because Parfitt has shown glimpses of a massive ceiling and 430k is juicy.
You're right though, realistically would be hard to squeeze in along with Danger and Kelly.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sad news with Titch injured. With him very likely to miss the start of the year you'd have to imagine that Wingard starts the year as a midfielder.
Yeah these are my thoughts too. Probably gonna sit Wingard at F4. I guess the only concern might be that Wingard cops tags and struggles without the support

AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah these are my thoughts too. Probably gonna sit Wingard at F4. I guess the only concern might be that Wingard cops tags and struggles without the support
This is true but teams will probably tag Isaac Smith or Jaeger first until he gets a bit of notoriety in their midfield. Titch will probably come back around mid year, so I don't think it should hurt him too much.

AFL Club
Essendon
Wingard's inconsistent scoring year to year has actually largely been caused by the different roles he's played. In 2013 he played enough time in the midfield to get mid-forward status the following year. From 2014-16 he was used as a forward more than 65% of the time because he did not get DPP any of the following years, but in 2015 he scored better than 2014 and 2016 with higher clearance numbers and contested possessions. The last two seasons his good scores have coincided with games where has played predominantly midfield and bad scores have coincided with a deep forward role.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Surely he absorbs at least a decent chunk of Titch mid minutes. Makes it very hard to ignore him. The prick ?
Hawthorn play Port Adelaide in rnd 10. I think he'll be tagged by Ebert and Wines and Powell-Pepper and Boak and Westhoff and Rockliff and Gray and Gray and Ryder and...................................................BigRuss.
They play in the second game so I'll loophole him.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn play Port Adelaide in rnd 10. I think he'll be tagged by Ebert and Wines and Powell-Pepper and Boak and Westhoff and Rockliff and Gray and Gray and Ryder and...................................................BigRuss.
They play in the second game so I'll loophole him.
Tommy Jonas gonna go all Andrew Gaff on him ;). In all seriousness I don't think there will be any love lost as he didn't really have any close ties with many players. Port v Hawks has produced some bloody good games in the past, I don't expect this will be much different. Ill be there with bells on.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has he got the tank to play full mid mins Russ?
Depends if hes applied himself mate, came back from break in 2018 in pretty shoddy nick. Took him half a season to get it back to the required level. Id assume hes taking his footy a bit more seriously after being turfed out so id back him in, and likely will, if he looks to be getting mid minutes.

Sad to see him go but holding grudges never did anyone any favours.

AFL Club
Geelong
Would you be tempted starting Menegola if he was fit and ready to play Rd1? Or has he already missed too much preseason for your liking?
If he plays JLT and lines up R1 he should be fine, I just think we know what his role is and what he will score (around 100)
I see more upside in Kelly at about 40k less tbh, but yeah so long as he plays in the preseason games which he should he'll be fine I think.
By all reports it wasn't major surgery on the knee and he has only missed pre Christmas training.