Foxtel Footy Shows - Observations / Comments

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thought I might create a new thread as I listen to the Foxtel footy shows each week and they have some interesting insights that aren't always posted in the HS ...

RND 9: wraps so far ... please be patient as I"m doing this on the fly and will probably miss some info that others could possibly fill in ... will update as I watch the replays

- Bolton possibly under serious pressure if he can't deliver in the next 4 games ... (I won't comment on this)
- CAR v BRI rebuilds being compared (3 years) ... BRI apparently way out in front .... (CAR recruited youth v BRI recruited experience/depth)
- GEE lack of inside 50's is below par with the rest of the comp but their conversion rate is the best ... general panel opinion is that it won't hold up in finals...
- Roo'sy saying the new coaching model (BRI) is to recruit experienced senior coaches ... rather than take a punt (Bolton)
- 6 of the top 8 is almost as expected if ADE beat BRI with the latter being the outlier (I won't comment on this)
- Players are too brave running back with the contested ball and putting their body on the line ... not worth it long term ...
- Oliver could move out to the wing and be more damaging by foot (interesting one as they seem to think OP has held his kicking skills back)
- Roo'sy recruiting strategy .... pick the best 22 you can muster and play them .... if it has ?? rookies then so be it ... (ie. not too focused on youth and nothing really new with him)
- AFL CBA means players can only train so much .... example used was Hogan training in his own time practicing his set shots ... can't be forced to do it though ....
- Top 5 midfielders that have the most scoring impacts for their teams v number of pure possessions ... Zorko, Kelly, Beams, Prestia, and Bont .....

Last edited: