Discussion General Discussion

AFL Club
West Coast
any word on Gold Coast being still able to travel and play Geelong ?

just move the competition to the NT
No word yet on further changes to the weekends fixture, Gold Coast are due to stay in VIC for 2 weeks... But what then? Surely the QLD gov would want them to isolate for 14 days after being in VIC for 2 weeks. Throws Round 7 into doubt.

I reckon there is a chance with the way things are in VIC... that COL & GEE could see themselves based in WA for longer than 3 weeks, with them playing the other VIC teams that fly over. All games played in front of crowds.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
No word yet on further changes to the weekends fixture, Gold Coast are due to stay in VIC for 2 weeks... But what then? Surely the QLD gov would want them to isolate for 14 days after being in VIC for 2 weeks. Throws Round 7 into doubt.

I reckon there is a chance with the way things are in VIC... that COL & GEE could see themselves based in WA for longer than 3 weeks, with them playing the other VIC teams that fly over. All games played in front of crowds.
I want to get a job with Travis Auld.

They would need to fly 4 other teams over though so Freo & WCE have a opponent as well.

4 games at Optus every round 🤔

AFL Club
West Coast
I want to get a job with Travis Auld.

They would need to fly 4 other teams over though so Freo & WCE have a opponent as well.

4 games at Optus every round 🤔
Easy... A THUR, FRI, SAT & SUN game every week, lol

Arena Joondalup is an AFL standard ground though. Seats 16,000 odd so maybe that could be utilized for games between the lesser drawing Victorian teams.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Easy... A THUR, FRI, SAT & SUN game every week, lol

Arena Joondalup is an AFL standard ground though. Seats 16,000 odd so maybe that could be utilized for games between the lesser drawing Victorian teams.
That was my preseason plan with 3 Hubs , playing every night of the week.

Be interesting how it all plays out.

They could get in a pickle having 6 Interstate teams in that Qld hub now unless they start relocating all the Victorian teams to other states.

Bloody nightmare.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So that will affect Melbourne in Round 6 and Carlton in Round 7 I assume. I wonder if we end up with some teams playing each other twice rather than an even spread?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Solution is :-

4 Victorian teams go to WA
4 Victorian teams go to SA/NT
2 Victorian teams + 2 NSW + 2 QLD teams go to NSW or Tassie

now to work out which teams have played each other and workout if it is logistically able to be done

otherwise the other options will be Bye/Split Rounds

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood