Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 47 71.2%

• Total voters
AFL Club
North Melb.
I’m all for the Australian Open wanting to maintain its status as a world class event but does it really need a fourth show court. I would have thought part of the attraction of attending is being able to watch a top line player up close on an outside court.

I would much prefer that a bit of money get spent on finding a world class player or two who we can be proud of and is half a chance of winning the damn thing....

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
"The sole hope remaining for those not picked up on Friday is now the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP), introduced only last week, which enables clubs to sign players to their rookie list from December 1 through until March 15 next year."

Must be a small nightmare for the brains behind the pricing at Supercoach. Don't they work out prices based on the whole pool of players? Is it possible they will release prices on the condition they could change up until March 15. For example if someone throws Brendon Goddard a last minute lifeline that would add $450,000 to the pool.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
"The sole hope remaining for those not picked up on Friday is now the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP), introduced only last week, which enables clubs to sign players to their rookie list from December 1 through until March 15 next year."

Must be a small nightmare for the brains behind the pricing at Supercoach. Don't they work out prices based on the whole pool of players? Is it possible they will release prices on the condition they could change up until March 15. For example if someone throws Brendon Goddard a last minute lifeline that would add $450,000 to the pool.
I can’t see prices changing once SuperCoach opens.

I imagine prices will be based on squads at a given date. If a player is added to a squad after that date, the price given to that player will be based on the same formula they used for everyone else.

Maybe the only influence the new players will have on the game will be on the figure used to calculate breakevens?

AFL Club
Fremantle
I can’t see prices changing once SuperCoach opens.

I imagine prices will be based on squads at a given date. If a player is added to a squad after that date, the price given to that player will be based on the same formula they used for everyone else.

Maybe the only influence the new players will have on the game will be on the figure used to calculate breakevens?
I think the formula is scaled depending on the whole pool of players. They might have a total figure of $250 million that they have to fit everyone into. The reason premium prices drop so much in rnd 3 is because of the rookies going up in price and having to fit them all under the total cap. A mid season draft would give them a headache too.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Well, heck!

Get Kayo Sports free for nigh on 14 days:

http://bit.ly/BFKayoFree
I have only just heard about this mob. Have you heard anything good/bad about them?

The list of sports they cover is pretty damn appealing, with the only thing probably left to find out is if they cover all matches.

I have only just heard about this mob. Have you heard anything good/bad about them?

The list of sports they cover is pretty damn appealing, with the only thing probably left to find out is if they cover all matches.
Haven't heard much.
Basically murdoch/foxtel owned i think.
Sport on steroids

AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see that money isn't the top priority!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/11/29/report-pies-take-pay-cut-to-squeeze-beams-in/

Numerous senior Collingwood players have reportedly taken a pay cut to help fit Dayne Beams into the Magpies’ tight salary cap.
The Herald Sun has stated up to 12 Pies were approached to defer some of their 2019 salaries to later years in their contract, to help ensure the club can satisfy Beams’ four-year deal.
“The players know they are in the window and they want to win a premiership,”...……...

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kayo is just fox sports. It’s a lot cheaper though. I’m splitting the bill with my brother as you can have 2 streams at once so $12.50 each a month for fox sports and no need for the other crap. It works fine and is 1080 quality.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Wilder v Fury certainly far exceeded Horn v Mundine as a spectacle, let alone the superior undercard.

AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.zerohanger.com/6-6-6-rule-now-includes-50m-penalty-25395/

6-6-6 rule now includes 50m penalty

With the AFL announcing the new six-six-six rule last month, clubs that try to put loose defenders in place to protect a lead late in a game will not only give away a free kick, but also a 50m penalty, according to The Age.

This new addition to the rule is to stop teams from deliberately conceding a free kick to better position themselves with extras in their defensive 50 so that the opposition finds it harder to score.

With the addition of the 50m rule, it is only applied if teams were found to intentionally put numbers behind the ball rather than mistakenly have one extra player in the defensive half.

A scenario that was raised was if a team with an eight-point lead with only a couple of minutes left put numbers behind the ball at a centre bounce, then the team with the free kick will have a disadvantage.

The AFL have now fixed the situation in order to benefit the team with the ball. This means the opposition will be gifted a opportunity at goal straight in front within scoring distance.

With the new six-six-six rule, each team must have six players in each 50m arc at centre bounces, four in the square and two on the wings. This is meant to open the game up as teams won’t be able to defend leads by putting numbers behind the ball.

The AFL has also told players that they will be given more time to get into positions as they try to adjust.

The AFL games analysis unit have spoken to Collingwood, Sydney, Geelong, Greater Western Sydney, Carlton and Essendon so far.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As someone without SC gold, would anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of all the prices? :)