Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Saw the footage of this the other day and the first thing I thought was there was no way it was coke. The next thing I thought was how stupid Watts is for doing it in public and letting someone record it. He’s had so much public scrutiny over the years, which his managed to now escape somewhat and he does that. Absolutely mind blowing o_O
He’s a f****** idiot, what do you expect from him? His careers effectively over you’d think, I’ll be really disappointed if he’s a regular in the seniors this year.

I’m all for letting people do what they want in their own time, you wanna snort coke off a beer wenchs ample bosom - go for it, but use your bloody brain and do it in private and especially don’t let someone film it.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just want to say, as someone who has been on this site since 2012, the integrity of this website is absolutely outstanding. I haven't been as frequent on this forum in the last couple of years, but I always know when I visit here the discussion/administration is always first-class. You could barely count on one hand the number of 'indiscretions' (even those of a minor degree which are so common elsewhere) between members on this forum, which over seven years is a huge credit to all of the administrators on this website and everyone who are regular visitors on the site.

Well done to everyone and keep it up, can't wait for the footy to start!

AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.zerohanger.com/aflx-rules-for-2019-revealed-26218/

The AFL have announced the rules for this year’s edition of the AFLX preseason tournament.

In 2019, the addition of a ‘Gatorade game changer’ will make for exciting conclusions to matches.

Each side will have the ability to nominate one player as their game changer, with any score from that player worth double during the final five minutes of the match.

This will see behinds from the game changer worth two points, goals yielding 12 points and a super goal worth 20, giving the game changer the ability to effect large scoring swings in an instant.

Sides will be given a thirty second period where play will stop for game changers to get into position with five minutes remaining.

Super goal scoring has been slightly altered for 2019 and are now scored when the ball is kicked from behind the launch zone, with the super goal still being paid if an attacking player marks the kick within the 15 metre forward zone.

Meanwhile, players will have a shortened ten second shot clock when lining up for goal, and the ball will return to the middle of the ground for a ball up after a goal is scored.

The ‘last touch’ rule will return, with teams taking possession soccer-style from any opposition disposal or touch that goes over the boundary, on the full or not.

Players will have the ability to play on from an out of bounds possession and can now run an extended 20 metres without being required to take a bounce.

In addition to the introduction of player-captains for Team Rampage, Team Flyers, Team Bolts and All-Indigenous side Team Deadly, none of the AFLX teams will have coaches, but instead high performance staff from AFL clubs to help with rotations and managing players.

The team captains are set to select their teams from a pool of 100 players on Wednesday February 6, via a nationally broadcast live draft.

Each team will compile 14 players, including the captains and vice captains.

Team captains are:

Team Rampage
Jack Riewoldt (c), Patrick Cripps (vc)

Team Bolts
Patrick Dangerfield (c), Luke Hodge (vc)

Team Flyers
Nat Fyfe (c), Marcus Bontempelli (vc)

Team Deadly
Eddie Betts (c), Shaun Burgoyne (vc)

The tournament will feature a round-robin format of games with two ten-minute halves, with the top two teams from the tournament playing in a Grand Final.

The AFLX tournament will be held at Marvel Stadium on Friday February 22 at 7pm.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The AFL is considering implementing LED-style electronic boards to help clubs deliver rotation messages, according to the Herald Sun.

Runners will only be allowed on the ground after a goal has been kicked this season, and must be off the field before the ball is bounced to resume play.
This rule tweak has reportedly made some clubs anxious about their rotation plans, which has led to the AFL trying to find an alternative solution to a potential lack of communication to players.
The electric boards would be used to display the jumper number of a player who is required to come off the ground at that time, similar to what is seen in soccer.
There is also a suggestion the electric boards could be used by clubs to display symbols that represent a tactic or coaching direction, instructions which would previously been delivered by a runner.
Late last week, AFL footy boss Steve Hocking and AFL consultant James Podsiadly informed the 18 club high performance managers about the potential move.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
As in set to private so only certain members can read it?
No, just want to hide the BBL threads and a few others to just keep the ones I'm interested in at the top or on the one page. I don't imagine I can

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
No, just want to hide the BBL threads and a few others to just keep the ones I'm interested in at the top or on the one page. I don't imagine I can
You could click 'Watch' on the threads you're interested in then use the 'Watched' menu up top rather than clicking on the SuperCoach or Recent Post menu when refreshing.

I haven't used this function myself but pretty sure it's how it works.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Okay think I sorted a workaround.

If I select "watch" on the threads I want (which I've done previously) and then hit Watched in the top menu I'll only see thee threads. Problem is it reverts back to default views each time I come out of threads. Would be good if I could permanently set my view only to watched threads.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
You could click 'Watch' on the threads you're interested in then use the 'Watched' menu up top rather than clicking on the SuperCoach or Recent Post menu when refreshing.

I haven't used this function myself but pretty sure it's how it works.
Yep, beat me to it. Would be handy to default to this in my profile. All good though.

This forum is so much better than the BigFooty SC mainboard - takes hours to scroll through the ****e on BF

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay think I sorted a workaround.

If I select "watch" on the threads I want (which I've done previously) and then hit Watched in the top menu I'll only see thee threads. Problem is it reverts back to default views each time I come out of threads. Would be good if I could permanently set my view only to watched threads.
When you say it reverts back to default views when you come out of the thread, what are you clicking on out of curiosity? I believe you would have click 'Watched' again to continue to refresh that list and not return to the default forum or recent post list of threads.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep, beat me to it. Would be handy to default to this in my profile. All good though.

This forum is so much better than the BigFooty SC mainboard - takes hours to scroll through the ****e on BF
Haha we do our best to keep it nice and clean but it's not always easy!

AFL Club
GWS Giants
When you say it reverts back to default views when you come out of the thread, what are you clicking on out of curiosity? I believe you would have click 'Watched' again to continue to refresh that list and not return to the default forum or recent post list of threads.
Yeah this is the way to do it, thanks. First world problems I know :)

Green Acres

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone else watching this AFLx draft thing??

My god......
Watched it , some interesting picks, insight into who Fyfe, Danger, Riewoldt and Betts value as players in that format. But yes, pretty ridiculous circus it is.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Watched it , some interesting picks, insight into who Fyfe, Danger, Riewoldt and Betts value as players in that format. But yes, pretty ridiculous circus it is.
“Steal Cards”, did they get an 8 year old kid to write this or what?