Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not interested the slightest. Watched it last year and thought it was rubbish. Bring on the real stuff.
I did get one little nugget of information out of it, Eddie said Cam Ellis-Yolman is flying in preseason and can ruck. Wonder whether with the new ruck rules we could find him rucking a bit more.

Green Acres

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
St Kilda
“Steal Cards”, did they get an 8 year old kid to write this or what?
haha yep straight from the playground. Also the banter amongst them was sickening, suggesting a lackadaisical attitude towards this "well if we must do this.. " glorified training drill if you will. Still, good to know who they think is up for it, although Betts wasn't aware of Wingard's calf soreness until after the host pointed it out.

Blue Dragons

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is there any way I can look at the top teams from last year? Or at least who the winner started with / traded during the year?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
If someone offered you a certain amount of cash for a trade, how much would you sell it for:

- before lockout?

- before round 5?

AFL Club
Fremantle
If someone offered you a certain amount of cash for a trade, how much would you sell it for:

- before lockout?

- before round 5?
One trade is half an upgrade. Half an upgrade is trading a ripe cash cow at $300-$350k down to a new cash cow at $150k. So about $200k. Given that someone else is making the approach I would start the deal higher and try and get $300k.
Yes, no?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
One trade is half an upgrade. Half an upgrade is trading a ripe cash cow at $300-$350k down to a new cash cow at $150k. So about $200k. Given that someone else is making the approach I would start the deal higher and try and get $300k.
Yes, no?
Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing.

I generally think $150k is a good result from a cash cow, so I was thinking that would be a ball park figure if you viewed it that way, maybe a little less given the marginal cash cow will likely generate less. [I agree you'd start higher and work down, if someone else was initiating it.]

I've viewed trades as being worth c. 150 points in recent years, more at the start and less later, so let's say it's 180 early on.

You need to be able to make those points back over 18-23 rounds, so perhaps 8-10 per round. That would cost around $40-50k to generate, so perhaps that's another benchmark. That feels a little low, but I think it's what's the numbers suggest.

I am pretty sure I'd sell one for $75k early in the season.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing.

I generally think $150k is a good result from a cash cow, so I was thinking that would be a ball park figure if you viewed it that way, maybe a little less given the marginal cash cow will likely generate less. [I agree you'd start higher and work down, if someone else was initiating it.]

I've viewed trades as being worth c. 150 points in recent years, more at the start and less later, so let's say it's 180 early on.

You need to be able to make those points back over 18-23 rounds, so perhaps 8-10 per round. That would cost around $40-50k to generate, so perhaps that's another benchmark. That feels a little low, but I think it's what's the numbers suggest.

I am pretty sure I'd sell one for $75k early in the season.
It would be interesting if supercoach allowed you to buy trades during the year how they would value them. For example you are out of trades and have an injured premium on the bench. Could you trade down to a mid pricer or rookie and forego the cash?

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It would be interesting if supercoach allowed you to buy trades during the year how they would value them. For example you are out of trades and have an injured premium on the bench. Could you trade down to a mid pricer or rookie and forego the cash?
I don't see the need really .. get 30 trades these days which seems heaps compared to the old 20 we used to get.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sanjeev Gupta (GFG) signs major sponsorship with Port Adelaide

wonder how China will react to that ?

Green Acres

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can anyone please tell me how to highlight a fellow SCS member's name within a post, so it comes up as a mention alert for that member.
Also it is possible to quote someone's post from a different thread ? Have tried but can't seem to get it across when changing threads.
Probably basic knowledge but i aint nver whent 2 computa skool :giggle:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Also it is possible to quote someone's post from a different thread ? Have tried but can't seem to get it across when changing threads.
Probably basic knowledge but i aint nver whent 2 computa skool :giggle:
You can as I've done this before.

How I do it (which may or may not be the best way...but it works) is to quote a member's post as if I was replying to their post. Once their post comes up on my message box, I then highlight the 'quoted' post and select 'cut' (via right mouse click). Go to the thread where you want to insert the member's post to add in your comments, select 'paste' (via right mouse click) and Bob's your Uncle.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
If anyone has an XL copy of all 2019 AFL SC player's full names, team, positions & starting prices which they can share, please PM me as I would like a copy...thanks.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
If anyone has an XL copy of all 2019 AFL SC player's full names, team, positions & starting prices which they can share, please PM me as I would like a copy...thanks.
I think Erich’s 2019 selector has these - it’s in a thread a few pages back (sorry can’t link it from phone).

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Ditto................

I think Erich’s 2019 selector has these - it’s in a thread a few pages back (sorry can’t link it from phone).
Otherwise, I'll strip mine Erich's wonderful 2019 selector and manipulate from there. NB. First initial only in Erich's data.