Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
If someone offered you a certain amount of cash for a trade, how much would you sell it for:

- before lockout?

- before round 5?
~175k I'd say. Depends if there was a cap on how many you could hand in. I'd consider trading 10 in for 1.5million, just to see how and what would happen.

AFL Club
Essendon
I think Erich’s 2019 selector has these - it’s in a thread a few pages back (sorry can’t link it from phone).
Otherwise, I'll strip mine Erich's wonderful 2019 selector and manipulate from there. NB. First initial only in Erich's data.
I'll definitely use full names in future versions now that I know it can be of better use!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
~175k I'd say. Depends if there was a cap on how many you could hand in. I'd consider trading 10 in for 1.5million, just to see how and what would happen.
It's interesting you mention this.

If I exchanged 20 trades for $3m (same ratio as you mentioned), I could basically complete my side from round one, and then have 10 trades for LTIs, and presumably win quite easily.

That suggests to me that 150k per trade is at the upper end of the fair range, especially for a large number of trades exchanged at once at the start of the year.

AFL Club
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/12/afl-injuries-up-more-than-20-per-cent-year-on-year-mcclure/

“The AFL have crunched the numbers on the injury rate of the 2018 season, it is up on average, per club by more than 20 per cent, that is year-on-year,” McClure told SEN’s Time On.
“What that means, is of all the clubs on average in 2018, clubs had 120 games missed per club on average.
“If you compare that to season 2017, they missed less than 100. You’ve gone up as a minimum from less than 100 in 2017 to over 120 in 2018.
“The rate of injury is going up and it’s going up significantly.”

AFL Club
Essendon
Bombers intra-club update: According to Deck on Bomberblitz, Z. Clarke was very good this morning, but played a lot up forward. McGrath, Shiel and also Guelfi, each looked at home playing mid, with the first two as smooth as ever, and Guelf very fit and dogged.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/12/afl-injuries-up-more-than-20-per-cent-year-on-year-mcclure/

“The AFL have crunched the numbers on the injury rate of the 2018 season, it is up on average, per club by more than 20 per cent, that is year-on-year,” McClure told SEN’s Time On.
“What that means, is of all the clubs on average in 2018, clubs had 120 games missed per club on average.
“If you compare that to season 2017, they missed less than 100. You’ve gone up as a minimum from less than 100 in 2017 to over 120 in 2018.
“The rate of injury is going up and it’s going up significantly.”
It sounds like Sam McClure has just learned about percentages, and is keen to spread the word.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It sounds like Sam McClure has just learned about percentages, and is keen to spread the word.
Pfft ... year on year basis based on one years worth of figures ..... back to the drawing board. He may well be correct but I expect deeper analysis than that ... sounds like a headline grabbing expedition to me ...

What about breaking it down injury by injury, new injuries v recurring injuries and adding in what grounds they occurred at ..
- Some pretty dodgy ground surfaces / fencing have contributed to some of those injuries over the years ... IMO ...

AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's interesting you mention this.

If I exchanged 20 trades for $3m (same ratio as you mentioned), I could basically complete my side from round one, and then have 10 trades for LTIs, and presumably win quite easily.

That suggests to me that 150k per trade is at the upper end of the fair range, especially for a large number of trades exchanged at once at the start of the year.
How could you have a complete team with only $7M? you could only fit maybe 8 premiums in it. (8x550k +22x120k)

Or have I completely misunderstood you?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pfft ... year on year basis based on one years worth of figures ..... back to the drawing board. He may well be correct but I expect deeper analysis than that ... sounds like a headline grabbing expedition to me ...

What about breaking it down injury by injury, new injuries v recurring injuries and adding in what grounds they occurred at ..
- Some pretty dodgy ground surfaces / fencing have contributed to some of those injuries over the years ... IMO ...
Fair points. A few players were getting cut up at Perth Stadium when it opened, because of the glass on the signs ... apparently someone had signed off on it being safe?!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
How could you have a complete team with only $7M? you could only fit maybe 8 premiums in it. (8x550k +22x120k)

Or have I completely misunderstood you?
It's the other way around, so instead of $10m and 30 trades, I would have $13m and 10 trades in this scenario. As it turns out that would line up very neatly using your prices, 22 premiums and 8 rookies would cost $13.06m.

Can anyone please tell me how to highlight a fellow SCS member's name within a post, so it comes up as a mention alert for that member.
Also it is possible to quote someone's post from a different thread ? Have tried but can't seem to get it across when changing threads.
Probably basic knowledge but i aint nver whent 2 computa skool :giggle:
You can as I've done this before.

How I do it (which may or may not be the best way...but it works) is to quote a member's post as if I was replying to their post. Once their post comes up on my message box, I then highlight the 'quoted' post and select 'cut' (via right mouse click). Go to the thread where you want to insert the member's post to add in your comments, select 'paste' (via right mouse click) and Bob's your Uncle.
All you need to do is ‘quote’ then change to other thread and ‘insert quote’.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's the other way around, so instead of $10m and 30 trades, I would have $13m and 10 trades in this scenario. As it turns out that would line up very neatly using your prices, 22 premiums and 8 rookies would cost $13.06m.
Absolutely right, sometime I feel like an idiot:geek::LOL:

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Is there a post anywhere just after the draft with an analysis of each pick and something about the player?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suspect the HS articles thread would be your best bet ... pretty sure there would be something there.

Edit: or the rookies thread!

Somebody help a noob out. I keep seeing people talk about players "copping a tag".

I know the tackling isn't ferocious in the AFL, but surely its still above 'tiggy' level! >_<
(clearly being facetious, please don't be mad AFL diehards)

Seriously though, what does this mean? Even Google can't help me!

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Somebody help a noob out. I keep seeing people talk about players "copping a tag".

I know the tackling isn't ferocious in the AFL, but surely its still above 'tiggy' level! >_<
(clearly being facetious, please don't be mad AFL diehards)

Seriously though, what does this mean? Even Google can't help me!
Opposition target their opponents best (or most damaging) player and attempt to negate their impact on a game. Ie. Stop them from either getting and/or using the ball effectively ... tackling, blocking, holding, sledging, never let them run free etc ... pretty much anything they can think of ... Usually happens to midfielders but can also apply to defenders as well ...