Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like the pink guernsey or even the magenta and blue.

Interesting article I find about their SANFL jumper says the stripes are symbolic of the wharves and pylons (good picture on Wikipedia) and NOT "prison bars" or "picket fences".

First wore black and white in 1902 when they had trouble to find dye that would last long enough for magenta and blue.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
no surprise but Michael Cheika has resigned.
Tough gig. Way behind so many other sports in Australia. I don't follow the sport but enjoy watching it when I catch it on the telly. I like the team aspect of the game where you have to maintain your structure and constantly back up your team mates. I think the marketing of the super whatever is poor. Chiefs, Highlanders, Zoolanders means nothing to most people. When I watch the news I have no idea where these teams are from.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Tough gig. Way behind so many other sports in Australia. I don't follow the sport but enjoy watching it when I catch it on the telly. I like the team aspect of the game where you have to maintain your structure and constantly back up your team mates. I think the marketing of the super whatever is poor. Chiefs, Highlanders, Zoolanders means nothing to most people. When I watch the news I have no idea where these teams are from.
Hahaha

I suggest you be very , very , very careful then if you ever talk to a New Zealander about their local teams, they love them more than the Blacks, New Zealand provincial rugby is great to watch some of the best competitive club sport in the world.

The rivalry between the Blues (Auckland) and Hurricanes (Wellington) is stronger than SOG

Apparently the Richie McCaw book and documentary are unreal to watch and read, highlighting how no matter who you are in the organisation the players all have a job to do eg cleaning up after every game.

A lot of sporting teams in the world use the All Blacks as a model.

Unbelievable to see a country with a population less than Sydney, still dominate.

Love watching it more than league, mainly because they have unlimited tackles and phases, 6 tackles and kick the ball away (what is that all about), a few people tried explaining the rules to me when I was living in Sydney, but just confused me even more.

Sounds like the experts were expecting the Wallabies to make the semis at least but when you came into the comp ranked 7th or 8th makes it a bit hard

You have got me with the Zoolanders though :)

EDIT

from memory the best Kiwi beer came from the home of the Chiefs (Waikato) and they refused to serve North Island beer in Christchurch

Highlanders are from Otago

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't follow the game closely but from what I saw they didn't give the All Blacks any space out wide and England were better at pushing through the middle of the ground.
Some very uncharestic handling errors by the All Blacks due to English pressure , fantastic defensive and tackling game.

Apparently Jones has spent the past 2.5 years planning for this day.

Hope the Welsh beat the Springboks tomorrow in the other semi.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Some very uncharestic handling errors by the All Blacks due to English pressure , fantastic defensive and tackling game.

Apparently Jones has spent the past 2.5 years planning for this day.

Hope the Welsh beat the Springboks tomorrow in the other semi.
I haven't seen the Springboks play but I thought the Welsh were lucky to beat the French. The French out played them but just couldn't hold on with 1 less man.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saw on Seven news that there's going to be 9 Thursday night games in 2020 apparently, which is one more than this year (and 9 more than I would like to see - locked in a trade I didn't want this year due to working later on Thursday than Friday and forgetting to reverse it in time).

The full draw is released on Thursday.

AFL Club
Carlton
This is bad news for sports lovers.

Macquarie Sports Radio shuts down amid continual poor ratings
Michael Carayannis & Adam Mobbs, The Daily Telegraph
October 29, 2019 2:38pm
Subscriber only
Macquarie Sports Radio will be axed on Friday with bosses expected to announce they are pulling the plug on the struggling radio station.
Insiders have told The Daily Telegraph that the station, which broadcasts in Sydney on 954AM, Melbourne’s 1278AM and Brisbane’s 882AM, will close down on Friday.
Struggling ratings have plagued the station, ever since it came into existence in April last year.
The company had tried everything to improve ratings, broadcasting a range of sports including international cricket, AFL and rugby league, but it failed to raise the numbers.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood