Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 47 71.2%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
Had a random thought while laying in bed last night - "what if AFL SC was the same as BBL SC and included the finals?"

Don't think it will ever happen but what are people's thoughts on it? My initial thought was "hell no" but then I thought "am I only thinking that because that's the way it has always been?" I'm sure if it had always included the finals and someone suggested to make it the home & away season only that my thoughts would be hell no on that also. It would definitely be a big game-changer.

AFL Club
West Coast
Came across this. So many guys playing back in the 1980's that would not be allowed on the park these days. St Kilda's Mad Dog Muir doing his thing against the Blues.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Came across this. So many guys playing back in the 1980's that would not be allowed on the park these days. St Kilda's Mad Dog Muir doing his thing against the Blues.

I wasn't there that day, but I was there the day Robbie snotted Dennis Collins. It happened pretty close to us. Dennis Collins deserved the award for one of the stupidest acts in football for that effort. Robbie, a known maniac on the field, had already lost his nut, and Collins ran up from behind and patted him on the head, as Robbie was being dragged for another indisretion. It was the last Round of 1978, and I'm not sure what Collins was thinking, or expecting, but everyone there thought he got his right whack (life was different back then!) The one in your video was 6 years later. Amazingly Muir was only suspended for a total of 22 games, from 13 reports, across his 6 year, 68 game career.

6 years on StK's list spread across 3 stints and 11 years.
68 games, 22 games missed for suspension, from 13 reports.
Must be a record, averaging more than 2 reports/season and suspended for a number = a third of the games he played!

AFL Club
Carlton
I wasn't there that day, but I was there the day Robbie snotted Dennis Collins. It happened pretty close to us. Dennis Collins deserved the award for one of the stupidest acts in football for that effort. Robbie, a known maniac on the field, had already lost his nut, and Collins ran up from behind and patted him on the head, as Robbie was being dragged for another indisretion. It was the last Round of 1978, and I'm not sure what Collins was thinking, or expecting, but everyone there thought he got his right whack (life was different back then!) The one in your video was 6 years later. Amazingly Muir was only suspended for a total of 22 games, from 13 reports, across his 6 year, 68 game career.

6 years on StK's list spread across 3 stints and 11 years.
68 games, 22 games missed for suspension, from 13 reports.
Must be a record, averaging more than 2 reports/season and suspended for a number = a third of the games he played!
Was there too ( showing my age)

AFL Club
Collingwood
https://tinyurl.com/vwn4g4x

The secret behind F a g a n's incredible relationship with his players
Accepting player feedback is a key part of Chris F a g a n's leadership style

Regarding:
"Halfway through last year they told me I gave them too many stats in meetings. 'Just give us some vision, boss, and tell us what you want us to do and we'll do it because we know you've done the work, you don't have to prove it.'
"So, I did that, and we went on a nine-game winning streak.

Haha, I can relate to that, stats go over my head, I prefer vision too (or written).

EDIT: F a g a n appears as fagan, I'm just wondering if that censorship affects to open the web's link?

MOD EDIT: Tiny URL is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFL Club
Collingwood
https://tinyurl.com/vwn4g4x

The secret behind F a g a n's incredible relationship with his players
Accepting player feedback is a key part of Chris F a g a n's leadership style

Regarding:
"Halfway through last year they told me I gave them too many stats in meetings. 'Just give us some vision, boss, and tell us what you want us to do and we'll do it because we know you've done the work, you don't have to prove it.'
"So, I did that, and we went on a nine-game winning streak.

Haha, I can relate to that, stats go over my head, I prefer vision too (or written).

EDIT: F a g a n appears as ***an, I'm just wondering if that censorship affects to open the web's link?

MOD EDIT: Tiny URL is your friend.
Re: Tiny URL is your friend.
Um, what does that mean?