Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seen a lot of love for targeting Essendon / Melbourne premium since they’ve had the bye. Nothing wrong with that of itself but thought I’d put a differing view.

We now know that rd 10 only has four teams out and rd 11 just two teams. Unless you have a number of non playing rookies I’d expect most teams would be expecting 20 + scoring players to fill the best 18 in these rounds, especially in rd 11.

Given the good timing of the rest for players from these bye teams, I’d suggest it is less likely they may subsequently need to be “managed” than is likely for Essendon and Melbourne players. Also knowing that their “rest” is happening during a best 18 round is preferable to coping a “managed” out during a round of 22 scoring round.

Arguable for these reason other players, even pre-bye, still should be considered, particularly where their bye round is known and can be planned for.

I certainly wouldn’t be avoiding a Lloyd because of his upcoming bye if your planning for that round still has you fielding 22 scorers!

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Courage

There is courage in war. Under fire. Saving your fellow soldiers.

There is courage in sport. Putting your body on the line. For your team and team mates.

There is courage in life. Sacrificing for your family and friends.

The courage to do the later requires you to have the courage to open up to family and/or friends and say I'm not okay.

This is the bravest you can be be. Your family and friends need you, want you and love you in their lives.

Trust me, I've been there. Friends will will understand. They will be there for you.

AFL Club
Essendon
Remarkable how Geelong have kept themselves up since 2011. I think they were able to strike a better balance between blooding young players and trading in stars than the Hawks.
And the game plan during 2013-15 premierships was pretty special, it takes time to build a squad who can pull that off. Now the Hawks are struggling to maintain possession but aren’t really good at contested ball either.
I’m sure the Hawks time in the sun will come again. I marvel at how successful they’ve been since their inception.