Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
For further insights read through the BBL thread from last year. Everything you need to know will be in there. Pay particular attention to @THCLT ’s views.
My views are not necessarily others 'cup of tea'...and likely to be baseless for the upcoming season as I'll be just trying my best to keep up with the Jones'.

@Damion23 keeps a very close watch on likely XI's and we have Brice on twitter with all things pricings & BE's. @Tails does an amazing job on this site as well and has been a very big helping hand for me personally over the years.

We've been able to attract a good core group of BBL followers and coaches over they years with no less than 10 coaches ranked inside the Top 100 last season! If you keep a tab on the BBL thread and read the many great contributions from many of our members, I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable experience and hopefully a successful one at that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to see what 'new' learnings I can garner from here as my level of involvement & dedication will not be what it has been for past seasons. A passing of the baton and time for others to shine, deservedly so...

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all,
Just letting you all know how much i am thankful for, you guys have not only taught me the basics of the game, you have also taken a new rookie like myself in and shown me a few tips, tricks and know how for the following seasons.

I know i have stepped on a few toes throughout my time here, and may have acted like a spoiled, oblivious brat every now and then. I know i might've seemed like i have ignored or wasted your time. But i thank you all for your help, each one of you have helped me through at least one round this season, i will take what i learnt and hopefully one day I'll be as good as you guys(maybe even make it into top 10,000????fingers crossed)
Whether i win or lose my GF this round i thank you, I'll take a break throughout the off season and then come back with 110%.

I hope you all have been going well throughout this pandemic, i have a strong feeling most of you on this forum are from Vic and therefore i stand with you since were all in this together

@Connoisseur thank you for your expert VC/C, couldnt have done it without your stats and insights.

@THCLT thank you for getting the ball rolling for me, couldnt have made it to finals without yours ideas of me finally getting subs lol

@Darkie, you just like others have opened your arms to me joining this forum, i thank you for slipping me the occasional advice, tagging me in that news article about @hunterpunter, i hope ill be as good as him.

@Rowsus , i havent spoken to you but your threwd has helped me every now and then so thank you

@BomberSam thank you for keeping the spirit going for me

@Herbie66, without you this would probably be my first and last season, i wouldve given up long ago, youve coached me through at least half the season, i owe every h2h win, round rank and player of my team to you, you are seriously the greatest, especially with how much time you've invested, i will take everything youve taught me to rain hell on those who i verse next year😂. Thank you for sticking with me through the ups and downs, (usually the ones ive brought on myself lol)

And a big thank you to everyone else who has helped me, sorry if i havent named you, theres just to many

Sorry for this massive essay,
Not sure if this was the right thread to put it in
Anyway, thank you and may your round 18 matches be awesome no matter if your in a h2h or not👍👍🎉🎉

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all,
Just letting you all know how much i am thankful for, you guys have not only taught me the basics of the game, you have also taken a new rookie like myself in and shown me a few tips, tricks and know how for the following seasons.

I know i have stepped on a few toes throughout my time here, and may have acted like a spoiled, oblivious brat every now and then. I know i might've seemed like i have ignored or wasted your time. But i thank you all for your help, each one of you have helped me through at least one round this season, i will take what i learnt and hopefully one day I'll be as good as you guys(maybe even make it into top 10,000????fingers crossed)
Whether i win or lose my GF this round i thank you, I'll take a break throughout the off season and then come back with 110%.

I hope you all have been going well throughout this pandemic, i have a strong feeling most of you on this forum are from Vic and therefore i stand with you since were all in this together

@Connoisseur thank you for your expert VC/C, couldnt have done it without your stats and insights.

@THCLT thank you for getting the ball rolling for me, couldnt have made it to finals without yours ideas of me finally getting subs lol

@Darkie, you just like others have opened your arms to me joining this forum, i thank you for slipping me the occasional advice, tagging me in that news article about @hunterpunter, i hope ill be as good as him.

@Rowus, i havent spoken to you but your threwd has helped me every now and then so thank you

@Herbie66, without you this would probably be my first and last season, i wouldve given up long ago, youve coached me through at least half the season, i owe every h2h win, round rank and player of my team to you, you are seriously the greatest, especially with how much time you've invested, i will take everything youve taught me to rain hell on those who i verse next year😂. Thank you for sticking with me through the ups and downs, (usually the ones ive brought on myself lol)

And a big thank you to everyone else who has helped me, sorry if i havent named you, theres just to many

Anyway, thank you and may your round 18 matches be awesome no matter if your in a h2h or not👍👍🎉🎉
Makes me so happy to read this!

I am very invested in your Supercoach future, I really can't wait to track your progress in future seasons. I'll be cheering you on. Have loved having you around this year.

Keep up the good work legend! (y)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all,

@Rowus, i havent spoken to you but your threwd has helped me every now and then so thank you

Cheers mate.

Lucky for you I can't get much greyer 😀

I don't think I will ever understand how your mind works when it comes to trading (maybe that is just the youth of the day) but hopefully some of the things I have mentioned make sense and improve your enjoyment factor for Supercoach.

I suspect you will be up in the prize money in a few seasons so will email you my Invoice for my share 😀

Read and take note of many better coaches than me in here , and if I see any more than 1 $ 102,000.00 non playing bench player in your starting team next season ......look out hahaha

Been fun

Great post , congrats and good luck in your final.

AFL Club
Essendon
Biggest tip would be to take all the knowledge and learning you garnered from playing AFL SuperCoach......and throw it out the window.

Main tips
  • Maximise your DGR players in every round (and don’t let anybody convince you otherwise). However no more than 4 (maybe 5) from one team.
  • Don’t hesitate to trade out the Single Game Round (SGR) guns to the Double Game Round (DGR) guns.
  • Always look at least a round or 2 ahead.
  • Allrounders are gold.
  • Pay very close attention the break evens published by @Tails when trading.
  • However the biggest tip I can give you is never get totally invested in a single game by a single player. Good players can and will score poorly even when you have them captain. Accept that it will happen and move on. If you can’t do this you won’t enjoy it.
For further insights read through the BBL thread from last year. Everything you need to know will be in there. Pay particular attention to @THCLT ’s views.
All very very good advice. Bold part should apply to every fantasy game you play.

I had a couple of people private message me last season during BBL SC and they wasn't enjoying it and it was badly impacting on there personal life if you get to this points its prob time to call it quits.

AFL Club
North Melb.
All very very good advice. Bold part should apply to every fantasy game you play.

I had a couple of people private message me last season during BBL SC and they wasn't enjoying it and it was badly impacting on there personal life if you get to this points its prob time to call it quits.
I have got to this point in each of the last 3 years. You actually stop enjoying watching the game and stop appreciating good performances if they are not in your team. However I can never resist entering at the start and I can never quite bring myself to quit once I do.

Last year I sort counsel from the BBL whisperer (@THCLT) and he was able to help me take a more balanced view and I got a great result (93rd overall). Having the C on Stoinis in that game where he got 147 not also helped just a little.

AFL Club
Essendon
Has anyone noticed the way the umps piggyback off each other? For example, the first guy goes, "holding, Patrick Cripps", then a few seconds later "Cripps, now", and before he/she has even finished the phrase, the other ump will come in like a wrecking ball "GIVE HIM THE BALL NOW!" Kind of reminds me of the little green men from Toy Story.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Onya lads been another ripping season here on SCS.

Big up to all the regulars and special shout out to @Connoisseur @Bomber18 @KLo30 @Darkie @IDIG @THCLT @Tails and the rest of our esteemed Mod team (apologies to everyone I’ve forgotten) for keeping the forum running in what has been a bloody terrible year for a lot of people.

Far and away the best SuperCoach related forum and resource bank on the internet :love:

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Onya lads been another ripping season here on SCS.

Big up to all the regulars and special shout out to @Connoisseur @Bomber18 @KLo30 @Darkie @IDIG @THCLT @Tails and the rest of our esteemed Mod team (apologies to everyone I’ve forgotten) for keeping the forum running in what has been a bloody terrible year for a lot of people.

Far and away the best SuperCoach related forum and resource bank on the internet :love:
Thanks mate!! Appreciate all your insight as well, especially on the Port Adelaide front, wish you all the best in the finals series!

SCS and SC definitely keeping us at least a little be more sane in a challenging year!