Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nick Haynes and Lachie Whitfield have won the Kevin Sheedy Medal for being GWS' best and fairest players in 2020.

OTHER AWARDS
3rd Place: Harry Perryman
4th Place: Jacob Hopper & Josh Kelly
Rising Star Award: Lachie Ash
Coaches Award: Nick Haynes
Leading Goal Kicker: Jeremy Cameron
Goal of the Year: Brett Daniels vs Melbourne
Mark of the Year: Ian Hill vs Adelaide
Members Choice Award: Nick Haynes
NEAFL Development Award: Jack Buckley
Staff Member of the Year: Stephen Doyle
AFL NSW/ACT Community Volunteer of the Year: Sharlene Cormack

AFL Club
West Coast
Understand the Wallabies bus got stuck in traffic for tonights game and they could not get to the game so the All Blacks have put on an exhibition match playing the stadium janitors. Of course the All Blacks are cleaning up. And no offence to any one that is janitor either. Can I say I forgot I am watching the game? Our Lord Mayor seems to think that will work for him...

Now I know what that Kermit song is really all about.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Understand the Wallabies bus got stuck in traffic for tonights game and they could not get to the game so the All Blacks have put on an exhibition match playing the stadium janitors. Of course the All Blacks are cleaning up. And no offence to any one that is janitor either. Can I say I forgot I am watching the game? Our Lord Mayor seems to think that will work for him...

Now I know what that Kermit song is really all about.
That awkward moment when I remember I work with some Kiwi's so are going to need to avoid them for at least a week....

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
So my cricket club back home just posted a Premiership photo from '71/72 on their facebook page.
In the photo was Marty Lyons, who played 27 games for Melbourne in the mid 70's, and 140 odd for Sandringham in the VFA.
I was about to post a comment about him and his kicking, something along the lines of
"He must be the only guy to have played XX games of AFL, that couldn't kick 10 metres on his right foot!". Which was perfectly true.
He looked like he was getting electro shock therapy, when he kicked on his right, he just looked so uncoordinated. Which is probably why he very very rarely did kick on his right foot.
Anyway, I thought I'd google him first, to see how many games he played, to keep it accurate.
Upon googling him, I found out he is Jarryd Lyons father. I never knew!
When he was young, Marty was mates with my eldest brother, and Marty's brother was a teacher of mine at High School.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
So my cricket club back home just posted a Premiership photo from '71/72 on their facebook page.
In the photo was Marty Lyons, who played 27 games for Melbourne in the mid 70's, and 140 odd for Sandringham in the VFA.
I was about to post a comment about him and his kicking, something along the lines of
"He must be the only guy to have played XX games of AFL, that couldn't kick 10 metres on his right foot!". Which was perfectly true.
He looked like he was getting electro shock therapy, when he kicked on his right, he just looked so uncoordinated. Which is probably why he very very rarely did kick on his right foot.
Anyway, I thought I'd google him first, to see how many games he played, to keep it accurate.
Upon googling him, I found out he is Jarryd Lyons father. I never knew!
When he was young, Marty was mates with my eldest brother, and Marty's brother was a teacher of mine at High School.
We use to go and watch Sandy every Sunday where ever they played. We stood at the same light pole near the club rooms. I didn't realise he even had a right foot. :)

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
We use to go and watch Sandy every Sunday where ever they played. We stood at the same light pole near the club rooms. I didn't realise he even had a right foot. :)
Me and my mates used to go to every home game, too. We stood on the flank, around 40 metres on the new clubrooms side of the scoreboard.
That was great footy to watch. Good standard, a bit of oomph, bit of local color. I loved it.