Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bloody hell, I was looking forward to hearing about which semi famous person texted him at half time, and then him reminiscing with Derm about the Tunnel nightclub back in the day....

😝
Do not worry. We will be told ad nauseam on grand final week about the travesty committed rather than insightful previews of the match, to cater to their over inflated egos. A montage is already in the works dedicated to those not able or permitted to attend, which will far outweigh the time allotted to the in memoriam and retirements segments of the past five seasons combined.

AFL Club
West Coast
So........if Alastair Clarkson changed his mind and said "okay I am interested in coaching Carlton" would the club put him through a 30 day review process to see if he is suitable?

"Tell me Alastair what do you think are your strengths as coach?"

"Tell us Alastair in 25 words or less - How would you sell your message? How would you get the team behind you?"

"Now we are going to give you an in game coaching scenario Alastair and you need to tell us what you would do in that situation. No pressure here but we can offer you a phone handset to throw or a large piece of gyprock wall to punch if you think that will help with your decision making process."

"Finally Alastair if you were walking down the street in a town where you are playing an away game- let's say it is Adelaide- and an opposition supporter p*ss*s you off with an in appropriate comment would you a) turn the other cheek and walk away renae, b) get right up in his grill in a menacing manner and tell him you think he needs a mint OR c) just chase him down till you catch him and beat the S**t out of him?"

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Some of you may be old enough to remember when Kate Moss lost nearly all her sponsorship deals, because she was caught using drugs.
The papers trumpeted that it would cost her in excess of $5,000,000.
Fast forward 2 years, and Moss got half of those companies back as sponsors, plus a lot of new ones. She was reportedly now earning close to double what she was before the drug pictures came out.
As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Unfortunately I think that applies even double as much, in this crazy influencer world. Better to get in the headlines for something bad, than to have people not talking about you at all!

AFL Club
Essendon
Some of you may be old enough to remember when Kate Moss lost nearly all her sponsorship deals, because she was caught using drugs.
The papers trumpeted that it would cost her in excess of $5,000,000.
Fast forward 2 years, and Moss got half of those companies back as sponsors, plus a lot of new ones. She was reportedly now earning close to double what she was before the drug pictures came out.
As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Unfortunately I think that applies even double as much, in this crazy influencer world. Better to get in the headlines for something bad, than to have people not talking about you at all!
Reported on tonight’s news that she gained 4,000 new followers. It’s a sad world. “Influencers” contribute nothing to society. They don’t build, they don’t create, they don’t serve, they don’t save. They are parasites.

<END RANT>

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sounds like her husband's second team to me. Someone who doesn't follow fantasy sports seriously wouldn't be talking about how many CBA's a player is getting for example.
5 months difference between the start of the season and the final rounds, which provides plenty of time for newcomers to learn about the terminology and strategies by consuming as much advice/articles which I assume she would have, given her high ranking position from the early stages.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Sounds like her husband's second team to me. Someone who doesn't follow fantasy sports seriously wouldn't be talking about how many CBA's a player is getting for example.
I'm also a bit sceptical but there's probably a grey area between husbands second team and simply getting a lot of help from her husband. The fact that she was able to answer the questions would put her in the "just got lots of help" basket.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm also a bit sceptical but there's probably a grey area between husbands second team and simply getting a lot of help from her husband. The fact that she was able to answer the questions would put her in the "just got lots of help" basket.
I figured they just emailed her the questions and asked for a response. Someone else who has been interviewed by the AFL website / for other major website articles could probably confirm that's how those articles are written. Could be wrong, just seemed a few things a bit off to me.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
I figured they just emailed her the questions and asked for a response. Someone else who has been interviewed by the AFL website / for other major website articles could probably confirm that's how those articles are written. Could be wrong, just seemed a few things a bit off to me.
WOW.

Just WOW.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reported on tonight’s news that she gained 4,000 new followers. It’s a sad world. “Influencers” contribute nothing to society. They don’t build, they don’t create, they don’t serve, they don’t save. They are parasites.

<END RANT>
Please continue and at the following address, if you do not mind- https://www.livelewis.com/124497