Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I was goal umpire for one of my boys game this morning. My boys team 2 points down last quarter, one of his team marks the ball 25m out 45% angle...and the siren blows....

I'm on the goal line with 30 odd kids jossling around and in front of me..... kick....ball sails through clearing the pack by 5cm, GOAL!!!! Boys go nuts!!!!

I did some of my best goal umpire goal signalling and glorious flag waving..... but don't think a single person noticed my magnificent work! 😂😂😂😂

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Since it receives no coverage whatsoever in Australian sports media, I thought I would quickly note that Australian snooker player Neil Robertson has won his second Masters title this morning. He defeated Barry Hawkins after overcoming a final frame thriller against Mark Williams in the Semi Finals (see below) and defeating the GOAT Ronnie O’Sullivan in the quarter finals. He has now won at least one professional title in every calendar year since 2006 thus extending his streak to 17 years (21 career titles).

Lost in the second round of the 2022 World Snooker Championships 13-12 but managed to become only the 8th player to record a maximum break (147) at the Crucible, which is by far the most difficult feat to achieve in world sport.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Lost in the second round of the 2022 World Snooker Championships 13-12 but managed to become only the 8th player to record a maximum break (147) at the Crucible, which is comfortably the most difficult feat to achieve in world sport.
While the Hawaiian Ironman is one of the most uncomfortable feats to achieve in world sport.

managed to become only the 8th player to record a maximum break (147) at the Crucible, which is by far the most difficult feat to achieve in world sport.
Not sure I follow the logic here, if eight people have done the "by far most difficult feat to achieve in world sport". Consider that only three have taken all 10 wickets in a Test inning for example, or only one person has ever kicked 18+ goals in a game, etc.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Not sure I follow the logic here, if eight people have done the "by far most difficult feat to achieve in world sport". Consider that only three have taken all 10 wickets in a Test inning for example, or only one person has ever kicked 18+ goals in a game, etc.
How many have attempted the feat?

That is what contributes to the difficulty.

Others interfering in moment makes difficulty. e g. Overs in cricket

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Providing colour for the vast majority that have no knowledge or interest in the sport to highlight the rarity. Highly subjective and I for one do not rate performances or feats in a team sport due to the inability for it to be attempted by anyone whether at the amateur or casual level in comparison to those in a individual sport, as well as the reliance on others to afford you the opportunity.

The skill required to position and control the cue ball to provide an opportunity to successfully complete all 36 consecutive shots outweighs any potential equivalents.