Discussion Grand Final: Teams & In Game Discussion - plus SCS ZOOM SESSION TONIGHT

Who will win?

• Geelong

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Richmond

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Strange votes.

Dusty was the unanimous choice for 3, and almost everyone had Edwards for 1.

But 3 different players were chosen for 2 votes:

Short 3 judges x 2 votes, outside top 3 for all other judges
Broad 1 judges x 2 votes, outside top 3 for all other judges

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure how Broad got 2 but I’m sure he has his reasons.

Thought it would’ve been closer between Dusty and Short and had dusty not kicked his 3rd (and then 4th), I think it would’ve been pretty close.

Fun fact, Dusty was paying $81-1 to kick a goal each quarter :eek:

AFL Club
Essendon
What I love about Dusty’s football story: he could have gone to Nth or elsewhere for megacash, a trend that is now well and truly entrenched in the game, trickling down from the powers that be and culture in general - for whom sport is entertainment and the dollars it brings, and whose traditions manipulated and corrupted to that end. In the end he stayed because he said he ‘felt like it would be cheating’ to leave. At that point Richmond didn’t look even close to success. Fast forward 6 or 7 years…

I’m sure that he wouldn’t have been short on cash either way, but I will remember the statement and sentiment as one of the last vestiges of loyalty in a sport still deeply rooted in its particularly Australian tribalism. It’s an old fashioned narrative worthy of the greats - even though the game is fast moving toward being more or less unrecognizable in both it’s soul and it’s spectacle.

’Everything I know most surely about morality and duty, I owe to football’ .

Camus.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure how Broad got 2 but I’m sure he has his reasons.

Thought it would’ve been closer between Dusty and Short and had dusty not kicked his 3rd (and then 4th), I think it would’ve been pretty close.

Fun fact, Dusty was paying $81-1 to kick a goal each quarter :eek:
Appears Lethal wrote down Broad's name by mistake and it should have actually been Short.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Strange votes.

Dusty was the unanimous choice for 3, and almost everyone had Edwards for 1.

But 3 different players were chosen for 2 votes:

Short 3 judges x 2 votes, outside top 3 for all other judges
Broad 1 judges x 2 votes, outside top 3 for all other judges
Well this makes a lot more sense if Lethal wrote down the wrong name.

Not sure I’d have him back with that sort of error though, especially as chairman.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Appears Lethal wrote down Broad's name by mistake and it should have actually been Short.
I get short and broad mixed up all the time......................wait, what are we talking about again? ;):p:ROFLMAO:
Well this makes a lot more sense if Lethal wrote down the wrong name.

Not sure I’d have him back with that sort of error though, especially as chairman.
If Lethal got Short and Broad mixed up I wonder if he actually meant Prestia...:unsure: