• Collingwood

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nfi how Grundy ends up scoring 141.
At 1/4 time he was on 6, with 1 disposal, and 10 hitouts, so he scored 135 in the last 3 quarters.
39 Hitouts, 9 disposals in the last 3 quarters. He ended with 19 H2A's, but it still seems a little high!

AFL Club
Collingwood
McGovern spent 2 nights in hospital with internal bleeding around the bladder and kidney.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
AFL Club
West Coast
Cracking grand final and congrats to our eagles supporters. After a big day on the sauce, I’m slowly coming back to my senses and catching up on everything. I don’t actually remember these 2 incidents but they were potentially impactful on the result considering the final margin. There’s lots of these sliding door moments of course but interesting viewing nevertheless.

Amazing game of footy, felt like 2005 GF when we were clawing back all day although it did feel we would get this one.

There was at least 10-20 free kicks between both sides not paid that could have influenced the result, between Eagle running into I50 getting tripped, Pies players running into protected space and Eagles tackles on Pies players without ball (Rioli twice) Then there was several free kicks to Pies when forward (incl holding the ball by Shuey without control) which nearly result in goals and some not paid in Pies def to them that could have been costly.

It is natural to think umpires are against you, however, first time I thought they were against both sides, although maybe a little biased to Pies ;).

re the Willie, two players with body contact on each other about to contest the mark and Sheed drifts back to mark. Not sure that is a block despite commentators calling that. Only saw about one block paid all day.

re Pies runner getting in the way of their own player leading too Yeo goal. This is not the first time a runner sit on the top of 50m arc of opposing side to create a perception of congestion so the ball is not centred. Not suggesting this is why he was there, however, there is ZERO reason for him to be in the space or anywhere near the ball. Expect this to be a rule changed and restrictions put on runners.

Great game and Pies supporters whilst feeling the pain should be proud of their team, battled hard all day and like the Eagles defied predictions.
Many were calling for Buckley and too a lesser extent Simpsons head, like Hardwick at one stage. How hard is it being a coach, lose you job so easily and then what do you do. Job security awful. Fantastic to see these coaches proving everyone wrong.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies were perhaps a bit stiff. The Milne bounce in 2010 was a Godsend. Yin/yang. Since my birth in 1959 no other side has given so much in VFL/AFL GF appearances for their supporters. To win is the pinnacle, to get there is a monumental achievement. Am a proud Pies supporter, they give much.

AFL Club
West Coast
What an amazing last few days!!

Feels so good to say... West Coast Eagles - 2018 Premiers!!

Very lucky to have seen my club win it's fourth flag. Been a die hard fan since our first day in the VFL, and nothing beats this feeling.

Commiserations to Keith, Herbie, Bermi & Darkie. Collingwood really pushed us hard in both our finals and I'm sure this is just the start of what will be many years of tough matches against each other. Certainly know what you guys are feeling at the moment as it was just 3 years ago I was feeling the same thing. You can be very proud of your boys.

Also great to have a fourth different Premier in the last four years.

So proud of all the boys but for me, especially Luke Shuey, Whilst I'm probably not alone, I took a great interest in his career right from day 1, From those first few sessions I saw him at training in 2009, I saw something really special in him. To see him on the big stage put in one of the great GF performances of the decade was truely something special.

Will certainly enjoy this!!

AFL Club
West Coast
thought Lycett and Vardy both did a job on him.
So proud of Lycett & Vardy... And also Nic Nat who played a massive role as our ruck coach over the last 6 weeks or so, Lycett & Vardy are the ones who had to do it on the day, But NN was crucial with his coaching and planning.

Going back to Round 22... Lycett & Vardy have faced Gawn, Martin, Grundy, Gawn, Grundy... and have equaled or won nearly every match-up. Those ruck duals really have been crucial in us winning the flag.

AFL Club
Fremantle
So proud of Lycett & Vardy... And also Nic Nat who played a massive role as our ruck coach over the last 6 weeks or so, Lycett & Vardy are the ones who had to do it on the day, But NN was crucial with his coaching and planning.

Going back to Round 22... Lycett & Vardy have faced Gawn, Martin, Grundy, Gawn, Grundy... and have equaled or won nearly every match-up. Those ruck duals really have been crucial in us winning the flag.
We haven't seen a premier ruckman win a premiership for many years. Maybe Dean Cox in 2006 might have been the last one. A good negating ruckman or ruckmen and midfield group seem to be able to take away their advantage.