Competitions HAPPY Ending Grand Final 2022

AFL Club
Carlton
IT’s what we have been waiting for the GRAND BLOODY FINAL!!

It’s here! After 23 rounds of pulsating footy and 3 finals we have finally reached the Holy Grail. The grand final, it is what every AFL footballer aspires to and thanks to the Happy Ending keen super coachers can participate in. You only have to listen to Crippa on Sunday night who collected the Brownlow (kudos by the way) to see how much playing on that last Saturday in September means to these blokes, it is not given it is earnt. I just hope Cripps is sober at the 2023 Brownlow count.

Two teams have earnt the right to fight it out for to be the best of the best for season 2022. Hard to argue with the form of both teams that made the grand final with the Cats winning 15 straight finishing 2 games clear on top at the end of the home and away season and the swans coming in for 9 straight wins on the trot. So, on form we have the best two teams fighting it out on Saturday. Hopefully they play a grand final that we will be all talking about for years to come.

How good have the finals been? Except for the cats destroying the lions both on the scoreboard and mentally on Friday night every other final has been a pulsating nail biter where any team could win with 10 minutes to go. None more so than the other semi-final which saw the Swans hold on (just) against the never say die give it everything magpies. Magnificent stuff. Hats off to Craig MCRae on being crowned the coach of the year. Hard to argue. The turnaround of the pies has been nothing short of amazing.

3 words to sum up the Semi Finals:
Geelong – WE are ready
Brisbane – where to now?
Swans – that was close! 😊
Magpies – that was close. ☹

Onto the SC Finals.
Round 3 saw the magnificent specimen that is Lekdog leading the pack with a great score of 1,291. MC mix and Ironhawk are breathing over his shoulder. Stewart was a popular captain choice, but no one clicked on the defender who had the highest score for the round in Jack Crisp – not bad for a set of steak knives. Danger wound back the clock and put in quite a performance to get him onto the big stage to hunt that elusive premiership. We had another 2 teams drop out this week. So, we now have 24 seeking a HAPPY Ending.

Click on the link below to see where your team finished for the round.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lNr_UJ5p4r34tlvy3sTOV_cPQkS-7AHCkD1l3JG5rQ0/edit?usp=sharing

Overall.

As you can see from the graph below MC’s Mix is the overall leader with a score of 4,694 with Goodies right on this tail with a score of 4,667.

1663814937135.png

Clink on the link above and check out the total tab to see how you team is performing in the HAPPY Ending.

Grand Final (yeah baby!):

Changes:
Blank canvas. Start again.
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice captain.
•No Bench

Rules:

I don’t think it is necessary to post all the rules again as you guys get the general idea of how it all operates. Right? If not please refer back to the previous article which states all the rules.

Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
•10 Players consisting of:
o2 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o2 Forwards

As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. This means you need to pick your captain from the one spot on the ground that you haven’t used as a captain this week. To make it easier I have named that position under each team.

Norm Smith.

Think you are too far behind and can’t catch the leaders?

Well think again, even if you are over 100 points off the pace you can still win by picking the right captain and selecting the Norm Smith medalist for the player deemed to be best on ground in the Grand Final.

It’s that simple.

I have added a line under the Captain for a Norm Smith selection. This is the light green highlight. All you have to do is select who you believe will win the Norm Smith medal and if you are correct you will get their supercoach points added to your total score!

Follow the example under my team if you get stuck.

Last year I selected Trac as the norm smith, this year it is the man made for finals, a mini Trac if you will who over time may become as damaging as Trac around the ball and forward of centre.

You da man – Chad Warner.

Team Selection.

Teams must be complete before the first bounce on Grand Final day. Teams are locked in after this time.

All teams must be entered into the spreadsheet via the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TyC7TQFavo-RYz_zcV_fjgb71Lkmv14_LxkW2vkf0T0/edit?usp=sharing

Teams are in the same order so please fill in your team from the same spot as last time as I have linked the teams to the scores sheet.

Once again good luck to all and don’t forget to add Normie!

Go Bloods – the other half is a swans supporter so I will be all over the bloods on the weekend.

Gone to my HAPPY place. Be back in a few……

And for all the footy/music fans out there here is our little tune to get you in the mood and fired up for the grand final!

View: https://youtu.be/myNBAKQGDZQ

Attachments

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Well I don't think anyone saw that coming. Maybe a cat win but not by that much.
Quick glace doesn't look like anyone picked the old fella Issac to claim Normie.

Sorry been unwell so haven't done the scores yet will get to them in next couple of days Hope everyone enjoyed my comp.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Well I don't think anyone saw that coming. Maybe a cat win but not by that much.
Quick glace doesn't look like anyone picked the old fella Issac to claim Normie.

Sorry been unwell so haven't done the scores yet will get to them in next couple of days Hope everyone enjoyed my comp.
Take care @TRIGGA HAPPY and thanks for organising this Comp, it was fun!

AFL Club
Carlton
Well I am out of my hospital bed and are slowly recovering at home.
Definitely was a new experience watching the grand final from your hospital bed.
I have now had a chance to update the scores from the grand final.
I can now reveal no one selected the Norm Smith in ol man smithy so it has come down to captain and team selection.
If anyone had have correctly selected the norm smith in Issac Smith they would have come from the clouds to clam victory.
Chartomben was the winner on grand final day with a score of 1,145 which was only 4 points higher then Bermi in second place. Refer graph below.

Speaking of Bermi it is with great pleasure that I announce that Bermi got his happy ending winning the finals competition with a total score of 5.806 the only player to score in the 5,800's. MC's Mix was second a mere 15 points behind. Refer graph attached. Well done fellas.(y)

I will do a proper write up later in the week when I have recovered a bit better. But thought I better put this out for those of you still playing along at home.

Well Done BERMI! Nicely done.

1664259422106.png 1664259443785.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Definitely was a new experience watching the grand final from your hospital bed.
I can now reveal no one selected the Norm Smith in ol man smithy so it has come down to captain and team selection.
If anyone had have correctly selected the norm smith in Issac Smith they would have come from the clouds to clam victory.
Chartomben was the winner on grand final day with a score of 1,145 which was only 4 points higher then Bermi in second place. Refer graph below.

Speaking of Bermi it is with great pleasure that I announce that Bermi got his happy ending winning the finals competition with a total score of 5.806 the only player to score in the 5,800's. MC's Mix was second a mere 15 points behind. Refer graph attached. Well done fellas.(y)

I will do a proper write up later in the week when I have recovered a bit better. But thought I better put this out for those of you still playing along at home.

View attachment 48444 View attachment 48445
Good one @Bermi!

Great comp Trigga, always good to give something different a go. I enjoyed it, even if I had a shocker in the GF. Thanks for running it.

Hope you are better soon.

AFL Club
Collingwood

Thanks @TRIGGA HAPPY, a good Comp and I hope you have another one next year, so I can try and make it 2 in a row.
Bad luck @MC's Mix, could have gone either way, looks like luck was on my side this year.

Good you are home now @TRIGGA HAPPY, that must mean you are getting better!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Good one @Bermi!

Great comp Trigga, always good to give something different a go. I enjoyed it, even if I had a shocker in the GF. Thanks for running it.

Hope you are better soon.
Thanks @Ironhawk, I really didn't have any confidence in winning, as I really had no idea who was going to be the best players. It turned out that I made the right selections, just.

AFL Club
Melbourne

Thanks for the happy ending wish you well in recovery son all the best mate Great to see Bermi win from this site for some of us a new venture after JR Take it easy Trigg we need your special imput here at scs cheers NDD

AFL Club
St Kilda

Get well soon mate, and well done to Bermi! a very fitting winner.