Competitions HAPPY Ending Supercoach competition Semi Finals

AFL Club
Carlton
Semi Finals. No Second Chance!

How good was that?

I repeat how good was that? That has got to be close to the best 4 games of finals footy we have seen! That was truly EPIC. All year everyone was saying how close the ladder was and that there was no clear favourite. This come true in every sense on the weekend.

Check out the table below that shows just how close each game was.

The margins at 3 qtr time:
Lions v Tigers - 5 points
Dees V Swans - 12 points
Cats v Pies - 7 points
Docker v Dogs - 6 points

Two games were decided by a goal or less, the other two games the bloods laid 50 tackles in a half of footy and the dockers woke from their slumber and decided to play finals footy.

Which crowd was louder?? Probably the pies with 90,000 plus at the G but the purple army sure did give it a shake.

These EPIC finals can best be summed up by:

• Lions roar on their home deck as Richmond supporters want to LYNCH the 3rd umpire
  • Swans draw first blood as Melbourne’s forward demons reappear
  • Hot pies beaten by a whisker
  • Purple rain pours as dogs shown the door
In the end there are 6 teams who are left to fight another day with the dogs and tigers bundled out of the final series.

As coach goodwin said the other day in his press conference the equation is simple:

Win 3 games and you win the grand final. No second chances, all or nothing from here on in.

So what happened in the HAPPY ending supercoach final series?

For starters we had 30 teams join up which is a good result.

Week one we had some amazing scores with Cadee's Crew leading the way with a mammoth score of 2,096 with Big max sporting the arm band

With 16 players to be selected plus captain that is an average of 123 per player! That is amazing stuff.

To see how your team fared check out the scores tab on the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xEOWWJMEcM4dt_zVsQt9c5pQHMKsuABk7K3C1LYdysw/edit?usp=sharing

The table below shows the top 5 teams after round 1.

View attachment 47936

As you can see from the table above the top 5 teams all scored over 2,000 for the round with lots of teams choosing to use either a mid or ruck captain with the Neale, Clarry, Gawn combo proving popular.

The average score the teams competing in the HAPPY ending was 1,868. How did you go?

But we do need to spare a thought for poor old Team JP who selected both Prestia and the Big O who were both subbed out of the game on Thursday night. That is horrible bad luck mate hope you bounce back this week.

So, onto Round 2.

In the semi finals we have Lions v Demons and Dockers v Magpies with the swans and cats putting their feet up waiting to play the winner of those matches.

Changes:
Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice captain.
•No Bench

Rules:

I don’t think it is necessary to post all the rules again as you guys get the general idea of how it all operates. Right? If not please refer back to the previous article which states all the rules.

Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
o3 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o3 Forwards

As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. This means that if you picked a midfielder as the captain in round 1 you can’t select a midfielder this week as captain.

One more rule I am going to add is you can’t pick the same player twice in a different position. i.e. you can’t select Jack Crisp as a mid and also select him has a defender.

Team Selection.

All teams must be entered into the spreadsheet via the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-sOexPtX84wG2qHGET-j54CipbGp3m_d4YTifV4t4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Teams must be complete before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in after this time.

Teams are in the same order so please fill in your team from the same spot as last time as I have linked the teams to the scores sheet.

Once again good luck to all

Gone to my happy place. Be back in a few……

Attachments

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Skimming the results, I think I was the highest placed who chose a forward as captain. Thought I'd save the generally higher scoring mids/rucks for later, that might have been a mistake. Figured Bont was the most reliable forward captain option to go big and that the Dogs might not make it through. (I think De Goey outscored him, but with a 30 pt difference in average this season, it's understandable why I didn't consider him as C).

AFL Club
Melbourne
Skimming the results, I think I was the highest placed who chose a forward as captain. Thought I'd save the generally higher scoring mids/rucks for later, that might have been a mistake. Figured Bont was the most reliable forward captain option to go big and that the Dogs might not make it through. (I think De Goey outscored him, but with a 30 pt difference in average this season, it's understandable why I didn't consider him as C).
I thought the other dog forward looked better Dunkley Now is the week to get on Gawn

AFL Club
Carlton
I had exactly the same thought process hawk. That's one of the keys is working out when to select a capt from each area to work to your best advantage

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep- good luck darcy in a semi where the loser goes home. Gawn will be determined to power the dees into the prelim.
Fort (who will be the ruck for Brisbane) is not terrible. He only had two games as solo ruck this year: Rd 4 v Geelong (74) and Rd 18 v GWS (112). He did outscore his main opponents in both matches - 63 for Stanley (Ruck share with Blicavs who scored 119) and 45 for Flynn (Partial ruck share with Keeffe - 85).

I wouldn't guarantee Gawn goes massive based on those numbers. Finals are a bit different though, sure.

AFL Club
Carlton
Fort (who will be the ruck for Brisbane) is not terrible. He only had two games as solo ruck this year: Rd 4 v Geelong (74) and Rd 18 v GWS (112). He did outscore his main opponents in both matches - 63 for Stanley (Ruck share with Blicavs who scored 119) and 45 for Flynn (Partial ruck share with Keeffe - 85).

I wouldn't guarantee Gawn goes massive based on those numbers. Finals are a bit different though, sure.
I'm gonna back the big fella in. 💪

AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm gonna back the big fella in. 💪
Might be a debut friday Van Rooyen the human headliner and he hasn;t played a game yet . He has been doing a lot of ruck work for casey as well. Marks everything andd kicks similar to Brown except he is acurate

AFL Club
Carlton
Might be a debut friday Van Rooyen the human headliner and he hasn;t played a game yet . He has been doing a lot of ruck work for casey as well. Marks everything andd kicks similar to Brown except he is acurate
If he has been doing a lot of ruck work could he replace Jackson next year? Just can't see Grundy/Gawn working.as both best position is ruck.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Those types are purely backups Trigg They have this plan that sees gawn as a Salmon type Lets face it for next year you would take Grundy for 700 in front of Jackson for 300 more plus the extra picks for jacko Cant see how Meek slots in though

AFL Club
Carlton
well who saw that coming?
Lions through to prelim, demons out in straight sets.

In the HAPPY ending Slippery gypsies is leading after the first semi with Gawn a very popular captains choice. Slowed down after first quarter spending a bit of time on the bench but 110 is still a good score for a captain.

1662773990078.png

AFL Club
Carlton
Semi finals are done and dusted one upset and one expected result.
Getting into the business area of the season now.

In the HAPPY ending kind of ironic that GAWN in 60 seconds was the highest scorer by 2 points and due to the upset GAWN is GAWN in 60 seconds not to be seen until 2023.

Unfortunately I can't give you the overall leader after 2 rounds as someone has screwed with the spreadsheet and changed around the links so it is not looking up the correct teams score for each team. So will need to fix it up and reset before I can tell you who is leading overall.

There will be another post mid week with Prelim link where I will also discuss the overall leader.

1662864113172.png

AFL Club
Melbourne
Always the way Trigg.Only takes one nutter Change your name now mate?
Semi finals are done and dusted one upset and one expected result.
Getting into the business area of the season now.

In the HAPPY ending kind of ironic that GAWN in 60 seconds was the highest scorer by 2 points and due to the upset GAWN is GAWN in 60 seconds not to be seen until 2023.

Unfortunately I can't give you the overall leader after 2 rounds as someone has screwed with the spreadsheet and changed around the links so it is not looking up the correct teams score for each team. So will need to fix it up and reset before I can tell you who is leading overall.

There will be another post mid week with Prelim link where I will also discuss the overall leader.

View attachment 48026
always the way Trigg