News Herald Sun SuperCoach Articles

AFL Club
Carlton
TRADE TEMPLATE
How your bye round trades could work:
ROUND 12

Trade Tom Powell (projected price $421k) and Jacob Koschitzke ($281,100) to rookies from teams playing in Round 12. Bank $500,000 for upgrades in Round 13. You could also look to offload Tyler Brockman ($172,700), although the cash injection won't be as great. It's going to be time to make a big call on Matthew Flynn ($378k). Flynn would be perfect cover for Grundy-Gawn in Round 14, but Shane Mumford might play that round. These downgrades would give you two or three extra rookies to be part of your Round 12 best 18 score and a huge bounty to target premiums in Round 13.
ROUND 13
Trade Anthony Scott (projected price $303k) to a Round 12 bye player such as Tom Mitchell, Josh Kelly, Travis Boak or Cam Guthrie. Matthew Rowell would be a leading target but is unlikely to be back in time for Round 13 from a knee injury. This is the round to move on Nik Cox ($281k), Lachlan McNeil ($269k) and even consider trading Riley Collier-Dawkins ($245k). Ideally, you would build your bank again to target Round 13 bye premiums in Round 14. You could do this by trading Cox, McNeil or Collier-Dawkins to a rookie.
ROUND 14
Trade James Jordon (projected price $362k), James Rowe ($284k) and Chad Warner ($330k) - if they're still in your team of course. The same goes for Errol Gulden and Braeden Campbell if you've stuck by the young Swans. If you banked cash in Round 13 (one up, two down for example) you could trade in two uber premiums this week. Some of the best scorers in KFC SuperCoach will be ripe for the picking after their Round 13 bye. Think Sam Walsh, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Zach Merrett and Jarryd Lyons. If you've been waiting patiently and watching Dustin Martin's price fall, this is the week to jump on the Tigers champ as well. Martin averaged 103 after the bye in 2019.

AFL Club
West Coast
KFC SuperCoach 2021: The Phantom answers the burning questions ahead of Round 10

Can we trust Isaac Heeney? Is it time to trade Tom Powell? Dayne Zorko or Jack Steele? Too late for RCD? The Phantom tackles the big KFC SuperCoach issues.

Is it bird?
Is it a plane?

Is it Tom Green’s second quarter against the Tigers?

No, it’s just the bye rounds ready to crash down on all of us.

There are only two more standard weeks of KFC SuperCoach before three six-game rounds hit.

And, trust me, they will hit.

Trade, plan, dream with them in mind.

So, Jack Steele isn’t a must then?
It all depends on your team.

At $569k - $89k less than his starting price – the St Kilda skipper, who is averaging 114 points per game, is the cheapest player in the KFC SuperCoach top 10.

He’s fallen away slightly after a big opening month but Steele has still posted KFC SuperCoach tons in four of his past five matches.

It’s great buying.

But Steele will be missing in Round 14, just like a number of other popular premiums.

When lockout lifted, I went from Tom Powell to Steele for less than $200k – hello! – but then I looked at my bye-round structure and cried.

So look at your Round 14 premium count before committing to the Saints star.

SC Plus tells me even if Steele scores three low-range KFC SuperCoach tons in the next four weeks, his price will drop to below $550k ahead of Round 15. Of course, a big score changes that.

Is it time to trade Powell?
In a pure stock market sense, now is the time.

The rookie ball magnet has added $222k to his starting price tag, after posting three scores of 96 or more in an impressive start to his career.

But, after finishing with just 10 disposals, his lowest tally so far, and 45 points – despite attending 13 centre bounces - Powell’s price dropped for the first time and, with a Round 10 breakeven of 106, it could happen again.

And, like I mentioned above, his $375k price tag makes it easy to upgrade.

One thing, though. The 19-year-old tallied 14 disposals – his second-fewest for the year – and 49 points in Round 3 against the Dogs. A week later he raised the bat for the first KFC SuperCoach ton of his career.

If he isn’t rested, Powell is unlikely to score in the 40s again - can you say that about your forward rookies?

What about Chad Warner?
The young Swan’s price has fallen for three consecutive weeks – but only by a total of $15k. And, with his breakeven remaining steady at 73, even if he can’t break the 60-point cycle – Warner has scored 61, 61 and 58 in the past three rounds – he may only lose another $5k in Round 10.

And, while Warner’s CBAs were down from 10 to four against Collingwood, the second-year midfielder is still a safe on-field option.

But, given his $322k price tag, have no hesitation in turning him into a forward premium this round.

Forward premium … there is such a thing?
I still can’t really answer that but the top-six picture is becoming more clear.

And by that, I mean Brisbane’s Dayne Zorko is another three-figure man we can be sure about.

His inconsistency is well known. Zorko posted eight KFC SuperCoach tons – two of them in excess of 158 – but also five scores of 74 or less to finish with an average of 98 last year.

It was a similar story in 2018, with the Lions star finishing with a season average of 96 after recording five scores of 120 more but also failing to reach the 70-point mark on five other occasions.

Zorko still posted scores of 76, 63, 76 and 61 in 2019 but 14 KFC SuperCoach tons saw him average 107 points per game.

This year, you guessed it, has followed a similar path. The 32-year-old dropped scores of 70 and 64 in the opening four rounds but he already had six three-figure scores for the season.

And, after the horrible day down in Ballarat in Round 4, Zorko has posted scores of 101, 102, 92, 105 and 140. His role – in terms of his starting positions, anyway – hasn’t changed dramatically with Lachie Neale missing but his 14 CBAs against the Suns proves he’s still a big part of the midfield rotation. And, most importantly, still as effective going forward.

Anyway, short story, get on.

But what if I don’t have Dusty, Phantom?
Good question. Both have low breakevens – Martin 68 and Zorko 60 – so they won’t be at their current price for long.

Martin likes playing against Brisbane, with scores of 111, 108 and 141 in his past three minor-round meetings with the Lions, and was back to his dominant best with 28 disposals, four goals and 121 points last week.

But, if you’ve got your eyes on both – and you should – Zorko at $511k and Martin in the next two rounds – at still less than $500k – might be the way to go. If there’s no huge score from the three-time Norm Smith Medallist in Round 10, there’s a chance he’ll be around the $500k mark coming off the bye, too.

Top-ranking KFC SuperCoach forwards 2021

1. Jack Ziebell - av 118.4

2. Dayne Zorko - av 100.3

3. Taylor Walker - av 98.0

4. Jarman Impey - av 96.4

5. Dustin Martin - av 96.0

6. Tom McDonald - av 95.3

7. Shai Bolton - av 93.8

8. Nick Hind - av 93.6

9. Toby Greene - av 93.4

10. Jack Darling, Tom Hawkins - av 91.1

12. Bailey Dale - av 90.9

* Minimum seven games, which rules out Josh Dunkley (av 129 in six games) and Zak Butters (av 103 in four games)

What about Isaac Heeney?
Let’s ask John Longmire.

“It’s only one game back,” the Sydney coach said when asked about Heeney’s fitness and performance on Monday.

“That’s the thing, it changes from week to week.

“He’s pulled up pretty well this week. He won’t do a lot (at training), he never does a lot early in the week anyway.

“Hopefully he’s able to train on Thursday and get some work under his belt.

Right.

Longmire isn’t even talking about the broken hand that Heeney had surgery on following the Round 6 clash with the Bombers.

Heeney missed in Round 8 after he felt soreness in the right ankle he needed surgery on last year.

The value is there, the scoring potential is there, and it’s only going to cost you $20k from teammate Warner.

But is he going to get through another 13 matches without being sore?

You can answer that one yourself.

Don’t forget about Danger, Phant

I’m not, don’t worry.

And you shouldn’t either.

Patrick Dangerfield is aiming for a return in Round 13, following Geelong’s Round 12 bye.

With a breakeven of 198, the star Cat’s price is set to plummet. Even if he reaches three figures in his first game back, Dangerfield will fall to around $570k. And he’s likely to have another big breakeven the following week.

But given how many popular premiums are missing in Round 14, going early on Dangerfield before he bottoms out is something we all must consider.

Of course, it all depends how he performs on return but planning is key, friends.

AFL Club
Essendon
TRADE TEMPLATE
How your bye round trades could work:
ROUND 12

Trade Tom Powell (projected price $421k) and Jacob Koschitzke ($281,100) to rookies from teams playing in Round 12. Bank $500,000 for upgrades in Round 13. You could also look to offload Tyler Brockman ($172,700), although the cash injection won't be as great. It's going to be time to make a big call on Matthew Flynn ($378k). Flynn would be perfect cover for Grundy-Gawn in Round 14, but Shane Mumford might play that round. These downgrades would give you two or three extra rookies to be part of your Round 12 best 18 score and a huge bounty to target premiums in Round 13.
ROUND 13
Trade Anthony Scott (projected price $303k) to a Round 12 bye player such as Tom Mitchell, Josh Kelly, Travis Boak or Cam Guthrie. Matthew Rowell would be a leading target but is unlikely to be back in time for Round 13 from a knee injury. This is the round to move on Nik Cox ($281k), Lachlan McNeil ($269k) and even consider trading Riley Collier-Dawkins ($245k). Ideally, you would build your bank again to target Round 13 bye premiums in Round 14. You could do this by trading Cox, McNeil or Collier-Dawkins to a rookie.
ROUND 14
Trade James Jordon (projected price $362k), James Rowe ($284k) and Chad Warner ($330k) - if they're still in your team of course. The same goes for Errol Gulden and Braeden Campbell if you've stuck by the young Swans. If you banked cash in Round 13 (one up, two down for example) you could trade in two uber premiums this week. Some of the best scorers in KFC SuperCoach will be ripe for the picking after their Round 13 bye. Think Sam Walsh, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Zach Merrett and Jarryd Lyons. If you've been waiting patiently and watching Dustin Martin's price fall, this is the week to jump on the Tigers champ as well. Martin averaged 103 after the bye in 2019.
Most of the players they are saying to trade during the byes should probably be gone from your team by then anyway.

AFL Club
West Coast
Is Caleb Daniel still worth a look?
I’m pushing my word count so we’ll keep it short.

Yes.

Or is Jordan Ridley better value?
I think so, yes. But, with breakeven of 98, you can probably wait another week or two on Ridley and monitor his form.

Could Clayton Oliver’s score have been bigger?
Yes. Oliver had 11 clangers – five of them free kicks against and all had a negative effect on his final score of 140. $605k is still very good buying.

What about Tom Mitchell’s?
No. His three contested possessions against North melbourne was the lowest non-injury-affected tally of his career. He had zero in 13% game-time against the Blues in 2013 but in every other one of his 135 matches, he’s had at least four.

After tallying a season-high 17 in Round 8, was it an instruction with the return of Jaeger O’Meara?

Is it too late for RCD?
Given the lack of downgrade options, there’s still plenty of merit in jumping on Riley Collier-Dawkins at $182k, following an 88-point performance against the Giants, ahead of Round 10. The tall-midfielder attended a team-high 24 centre bounces and scored 58 points in the second-half as the Tigers came storming home. Even if he scores 70 in the next three matches, he’ll add another $100k to his price tag before the Round 13 bye.

But if Port Adelaide’s Lachie Jones returns for Sunday’s clash with the Magpies – and he’s a chance – he will be the best downgrade option this round, given the draftee is on the bubble with a -47 breakeven.

Are we sleeping on Darcy Parish?
Yes. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who thought the young Bomber couldn’t maintain the numbers he produced on ANZAC Day. While he hasn’t posted another 162-point score, Parish has had more disposals than any other player in the past four rounds. He also ranks fourth for clearances and 11th for score involvements and is averaging 129 KFC SuperCoach points since Round 5, after assuming a long-awaited centre-bounce midfield role.

Then what’s the word for what we’re doing with Sam Docherty?
Great question.

AFL Club
West Coast
Who will make the top six forwards in 2021? See our expert predictions

TIM MICHELL

Top 6 Overall: Ziebell, Zorko, Martin, Impey, Hind, Dale.

Top 6 Rounds 10-23: Martin, Zorko, Ziebell, Hind, Impey, Heeney.

AL PATON

Top 6 Overall: Ziebell, Zorko, Martin, Impey, Hawkins, McDonald.

Top 6 Rounds 10-23: Zorko, Martin, Ziebell, Hawkins, Bolton, Sidebottom.

THE PHANTOM

Top 6 overall: Ziebell, Zorko, Impey, Martin, Hawkins, McDonald

Top 6 Rounds 10-23: Ziebell, Zorko, Martin, Dangerfield, Impey, Hawkins

DAN BATTEN

Top 6 overall: Ziebell, Zorko, Impey, Hind, Hawkins, Martin.

Top 6 Rounds 10-23: Zorko, Martin, Ziebell, Impey, Hind, Hawkins.

CONSENSUS VOTES:

OVERALL: Ziebell 24, Zorko 20, Martin 12, Impey 12, Hawkins 6, Hind 5, McDonald 2, Dale 1.

R10-23: Zorko 22, Martin 20, Ziebell 18, Impey 7, Hind 5, Hawkins 5, Dangerfield 3, Bolton 2, Heeney 1, Sidebottom 1.

AFL Club
West Coast
KFC SuperCoach trade grades: Experts reveal their Round 10 plans and rate your moves

AL PATON
MY TRADES: None.

I’m making my biggest trade call of the season and not making any moves this week. I’ve got only 14 trades left after using two every week of the season so far and I’m going to have to pull up at some point or I’ll run out before we even get to the byes. And after making a major upgrade last week (Tom Mitchell) and picking up Riley Collier-Dawkins and Caleb Poulter over the past two rounds, I’ve got about $40k in the bank and not many avenues to find the cash I would need to upgrade a rookie like Tom Powell. I’m hoping he can rebound from last week’s down game - his first score under 70 since Round 3 - and hold his price at least until the Kangaroos’ Round 12 bye.

THE PHANTOM

MY TRADES: Tom Powell to Dayne Zorko (via Dev Robertson), Jacob Koschitzke to Lachie Jones.

An interesting week for KFC SuperCoach trades. I’d love to bring in Jack Steele at $569k, but his addition would make Round 14 harder for me than it already is. And it’s probably about time I look at my forward line, anyway. There will probably be another low score from Zorko but he’s close to a top-three lock from here. From a money perspective, this is the week to maximise Tom Powell’s value and he’s the one I’m leaning towards trading, given it leaves me with $114k for next round. But Powell, who has a good bye, is unlikely to score in the 40s again, and I can’t say the same about my on-field forward rookies, so it could be Chad Warner who makes way – especially now Andy Brayshaw is set to miss in the midfield. That $114k bank is only if I downgrade Koschitzke to Jones, something I’ll still consider doing this

week even if the Power draftee returns through the SANFL.

TIM MICHELL
MY TRADES: Miles Bergman and Tom Powell to Dayne Zorko and Lachie Jones (pending selection).

This is my ideal scenario this week. I’ve missed the boat on Riley Collier-Dawkins but I can find a silver lining if Jones comes straight back into the Port Adelaide side. I’m tipping he’s picked in the SANFL, though, which would force me to reconsider my plans and go for a player such as Nathan Murphy. Bergman and Powell both have Round 12 byes so there’s no issue jumping off now. Zorko has been one of the most consistent premium scorers in any position this year and showed his huge ceiling with 140 last week against Gold Coast. He’s going to be in the top-two forwards with Jack Ziebell at the end of the year as long as he doesn’t fall victim to the injury curse which so many forward premos have. Fingers crossed.

DAN BATTEN
MY TRADES: Tom Powell to Dustin Martin (pending selection of Lachie Jones)

After burning through trades across the first eight rounds – using 15 of a possible 16 – I am opting to use one this week to bring in a discounted Dustin Martin. The one positive of trading in Tom Mitchell ahead of Round 9 was saving some cash to go from a rookie straight to a forward premium. Martin has a handy record against Brisbane and has lit up the Gabba in recent appearances. The biggest call I am making here is passing on an inflated Riley Collier-Dawkins. I still feel I should have bought him last week in hindsight, but the news that four Richmond midfielders could return next week means it probably isn’t a worthwhile investment. I expect him to get at least a couple more games, but if he has quieter returns he may find himself on the fringes. You’d think Lachie Jones plays in the SANFL this round but if he receives a senior call-up, he is probably too good to pass up as a rookie option.

AFL Club
West Coast
KFC SuperCoach: Fantasy Freako’s trade advice for Round 10
Champion Data expert Fantasy Freako has uncovered three super scorers that can set your KFC SuperCoach team apart from the pack.

By this stage of the season many KFC SuperCoaches look at their upcoming opponents in their leagues and see there is very little variance in squads.
Most teams already have Rory Laird, Dustin Martin, Brodie Grundy, Max Gawn, Jack Macrae and Jayden Short, and in the end, the scores are quite close at the end of the round.

So how do you get the upper hand against your rivals? The answer – pick POD players.

Points of difference, or PODS as they’re often referred to in fantasyland, can be the difference between winning and losing head-to-head matches. They can also play a major role in rising up the overall rankings.

Looking for hidden gems, none come close to Jarryd Lyons. Often in the shadow of Lachie Neale, Lyons is the No.1 scoring player in the competition since Neale went down in Round 6 – averaging 31.3 disposals, 14 contested possessions, 7.3 clearances, five tackles and 134 KFC SuperCoach points.

Lyons was just as prolific even when Neale played, ranking 12th in the league for points scored in the opening six rounds.

Across the year, only Cameron Guthrie and Jack Macrae have scored more points among midfielders than Lyons. Lyons isn’t cheap, though, and is currently the most expensive midfielder in the league.

If we stay in the midfield, then Mitch Duncan is another player worth considering. He has dropped below 100 points just once and is averaging a career-high 120. His role is quite unique and isn’t too dissimilar to Lachie Whitfield from a couple of seasons

ago, with Duncan spending 59 per cent of game time in the midfield and 40 per cent as a forward.

Like Whitfield, Duncan starts across half-forward and then has the license to roam, averaging a competition-high 9.4 uncontested marks. He also ranks third for uncontested possessions per game.

In defence, Christian Salem has flown under the radar and ranks second for points scored among SuperCoach defenders – outperforming the likes of Jake Lloyd, Tom Stewart and Laird.

After dropping below 20 disposals in Round 1, Salem averages 28.6 disposals, 18.4 uncontested possessions and 110 points since then. He’s also sharing kick-in duties with Steven May and has played on from all 21 kick-ins.

If you’re looking for a POD, then the players in the table below are worthy options and all boast a KFC SuperCoach ownership under 10,000. Take note though, David Mundy

and Joel Selwood both have high break evens this round, so I’d just put them on the

watchlist for now.

FREAKO’S PODS

Jarryd Lyons (Bris) $630,000 MID — av 122, BE 93

Mitch Duncan (Geel) $597,200 MID — av 119, BE 110

David Mundy (Frem) $584,800 MID — av 113, BE 154

Touk Miller (GC) $592,700 MID — av 112, BE 124

Sean Darcy (Frem) $522,800 RUC — av 109, BE 52

Christian Salem (Melb) $558,300 DEF — av 107, BE 115

Darcy Parish (Ess) $564,200 MID — av 107, BE 88

Daniel Rich (Bris) $541,900 DEF — av 106, BE 91

Joel Selwood (Geel) $533,700 MID — av 105, BE 165

AFL Club
West Coast
KFC SuperCoach 2021: The Phantom answers the burning questions ahead of Round 11
Weightman or Madden? When to cash in Flynn? Is Dale the real deal? How do I plan for the byes? The Phantom looks at the big KFC SuperCoach dilemmas.

With the bye rounds fast approaching, it’s a very interesting week for KFC SuperCoach.
Do you upgrade even if that player is going to miss next week? Or is now the time to make money?

They are the tough questions, we’ll get to them later.

For now …

Were you right about Tom Green, Phantom?
I’m not one to pump my own tyres up - no, really - so I’ll leave that for you to answer.

I will give you some numbers, though.

Forget the opening month of the year. Green spent more time off the ground, or inside-50, than he did on the ball and he was dropped in Round 2. The 20-year-old then scored 88 KFC SuperCoach points from 64 per cent game-time in Round 5 before another quiet week.

But what he’s produced since Round 6 proves I’m not as crazy as you all think I am.

With his game-time and centre-bounce role increasing significantly, Green has posted three KFC SuperCoach tons in the past four weeks – with his latest effort a 27-disposal, two-goal, 123-point best-on-ground performance against the Eagles.

Despite his 102-point four-round average, Green still might struggle to get to my 105-point Clayton Oliver-like second-year prediction but the numbers are aligning.

In games 10 to 15 of his career, Oliver posted scores of 41, 98, 88, 83, 109, and 139.

Green made his 15th senior appearance in Round 10 and his past five scores are 88, 59, 111, 104, 71 and 123.

That’s 458 for Oliver, 456 for Green.

The Melbourne star then went on to pass three figures in 15 of his next 20 games with only one score of less than 91.

You’re going to check his price, aren’t you? It’s $440k

OK, enough ‘me time’, Phant, what should we be doing this week?
It all depends on your situation.

For some, making money will be a priority this week in order to be able to follow through on the bye-round trading plan – yes, you should have one.

For others, upgrading to a player who will have a week off in the next two will help just as much with flexibility and on-field options come Round 14.

For me – at this early stage anyway – I’ll be up upgrading Tom Powell to Jordan Ridley, and swinging Rory Laird into the midfield, this week.

I’d love to go straight to a big gun in the middle but I don’t have the cash, and trading in Jack Steele will make it even tougher in Round 14.

And Ridley, who recorded his second KFC SuperCoach ton since returning from concussion, has bottomed out at $484k.

Ahead of the first bye-round next week, I’ll be looking to cash in Matt Flynn and upgrading James Jordon to a Round 13 premium. Despite the huge price tag, I’ll be looking at Marcus Bontempelli.

Further down the track, if he doesn’t turn it around, I’ll turn Hunter Clark into another midfield gun – maybe a returning Lachie Neale – and push Laird back into defence.

The other long-range trade I have in mind is Chad Warner to Patrick Dangerfield ahead of Round 14.

Of course, I’ll need to make a number of downgrades in order for this plan to work.

So who is the best downgrade option this round?
I’ll keep you updated on how I plan to make all the above work as we go but, this week, there are two standout downgrade options KFC SuperCoaches are likely to choose between.

The cheapest of the two is Lion James Madden ($123 DEF-FWD), whose dual-position status is just as appealing as his impressive 13-disposal, eight-intercept, 78-point performance against the Tigers.

But his job security is the concern. The Irishman, who has a breakeven of -51, was dropped after his debut game in Round 7 and Ryan Lester, Jack Payne and Noah Answerth are all due back over the next fortnight.

It’s a slightly different story with Bulldog Cody Weightman ($173k FWD), however.

Toby McLean will play in the VFL this week but there is no time frame Laitham Vandermeer’s knee injury and Adam Treloar will drop out of the side which smashed the Saints. And mature-age forward Anthony Scott, who suffered blurred vision in the win, must also been in some doubt.

Even though he’s a small-forward, the No. 15 pick from the 2019 draft could also be a more reliable on-field scorer in a free-flowing, high-scoring Bulldogs side.

Weightman, who averaged just 32 points from three debut-season games, has booted five goals in his two matches this year to record KFC SuperCoach scores of 75 and 98.

And in his three games before breaking back into the senior team, Weightman posted scores of 80, 116 and 82 in the VFL.

Unless you really need the cash, Weightman is the No. 1 option.

Staying on the Bulldogs, is Bailey Dale legit?
A very good question. I’ve always liked the way he’s moved and now he has a consistent role in Luke Beveridge’s side.

No, that’s not a joke.

Since Round 2, the 24-year-old has averaged 25 disposals, 521 metres gained, six score involvements and 101 KFC SuperCoach points.

Even in a year when the KFC SuperCoach forward line wasn’t a mess, we wouldn’t be able to ignore these numbers.

My only concern is that three of his four biggest scores of the season – 152, 129 and 95 – came in big wins against St Kilda, Gold Coast and North Melbourne.

And the Dogs have plenty of good scorers.

Yes, they will win more games than they lose but they won’t all be in such convincing fashion.

I’m close, but I’m not 100% sold just yet.

Back to Matt Flynn, how long should we hold?
The Giants ruck situation has played with the emotions of the KFC SuperCoach community.

At one stage, after Flynn was dropped - despite scoring well - and the Giants confirmed Shane Mumford was their No.1 ruckman, there was no way the 23-year-old was getting to $400k or would be there to cover Max Gawn and Brodie Grundy in Round 14.

But then he kept his spot when Mumford returned in Round 10, and booted two goals and took three contested marks to prove he can play in the same side.

Flynn finished with 94 points against the Eagles and, with a breakeven of 12, another similar score in Round 11 will see his price reach $380k by the club’s bye.

And it’s then a big call has to be made. Hawk Ned Reeves – who does have the same bye – scored 81 on debut and should also be there to cover for one of the big two in Round 14.

So, do you take the $260k and run, even if Flynn’s price would shoot past $400k with a few more games?

Again, it depends on your own situation, but I won’t be waiting for the extra $20-50k, I need the cash for the trade plan mentioned above.

AFL Club
West Coast
Should we still be planning to trade Patrick Cripps at Carlton’s bye?

This is what many patient owners are planning to do, while they work on upgrading their rookies first. But there are signs he could turn it around. The Blues skipper has posted back-to-back 90s after four scores of 83 or less.

The most pleasing thing for owners would’ve been the AFL’s clanger leader recording just one against the Hawks.

But then does that actually make the 95-point score, given he also had 12 contested possessions and 10 tackles, a little concerning?

Maybe.

Give it two more weeks.

What about trading him in?

It’s true, $418k is a crazy price for a player who averaged 119 KFC SuperCoach points in 2018 and 117 a year later. And, sure, 95 is higher than what he’s priced at.

But do you really want a player averaging less than three figures in your ‘complete’ team? Ideally, no.

I get the thought that he may improve again after the week off but I’d like to see more.

There’s still value to be had at less than $500k if he can go big over the next two rounds.

But I’m not holding my breath.

Is Adam Cerra better option?

This week - yes. If you take out the injury-affected 15, and the horrible day – when the entire midfield was smashed - against the Blues in Round 3 and the young Docker has posted scores of 122, 120, 120, 88 and 102 this season.

That’s impressive scoring, especially when you add it to the 101-point average from Round 9 onwards last year.

He’s a little down the list for centre bounce attendance at Fremantle but he’s proven that doesn’t limited his impact on the game – and KFC SuperCoach score.

But can he average 110 from here? I have my doubts but there’s plenty of value in the up-and-coming star who boasts a balanced, all-round game.

There’s a definite need to jump on the value this season, but how many chances can you take?

So, is that a no on Zac Williams, then?

It’s not a no, but it’s not a yes yet, either.

Against the Hawks, Williams was back in defence - as he was for parts of the previous week against the Demons - and recorded season-highs for disposals (26), effective disposals (22), metres gained (764), intercepts (8), rebound-50s (7) and KFC SuperCoach points (124).

I don’t care what Carlton are paying him to be a defender, if he stays there and settles, it could be a win for KFC SuperCoach.

If you haven’t looked, he’s currently price at $398k. With a breakeven of 29, he won’t be under $400k for long, but he’s one to add to the bye-round watchlist.

Williams - Time in Position

R2-8 R9-10

CBA 27% 0%

Defence 3% 88%

Wing 0% 12%

Midfield 53% 0%

Forward 45% 0%