Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Collingwood
c
My man on the inside is telling me that he cracked/chipped his kneecap. Had to open him up to clean it out. 6-8 weeks of cracked, half as long if chipped.
cracked a knee cap years ago playing indoor soccer , was out of action for a couple of months.

does not sound pleasant either way , well miss him , lucky they have Hombsch in the wings , hopefully Jonas gets back a week or 2 before finals

AFL Club
Carlton
Adam Simpson interviewed on AFL Tonight was asked whether NicNat would require a rest before the finals. His response was he's not sure, they'd like him to train during the week. There have been stages during his career even before his knee injury, that he only gets up on gameday. Managing him is important and they currently get him to train at least once a week. Last week he didn't train at all, so we don't want to fall into the habit of missing all his prep and that's the reason we manage his game time as well. He's pulled up pretty well this week, but resting him might be something we look at at the backend of the year.

Hope this helps owners.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Austin out could hurt a few particularly if Simpson doesn’t come back from his calf and/or J Smith is ruled out with his hip injury.
Yeah I hadn't really considered Simmo not coming back but calves and older players is never good news. Lachlan Murphy back for those who still have him. I swear it seems like he comes back at the most convenient times.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah I hadn't really considered Simmo not coming back but calves and older players is never good news. Lachlan Murphy back for those who still have him. I swear it seems like he comes back at the most convenient times.
Yep he sure does with his grand total of 30 points. Better than nothing I guess!

AFL Club
Geelong
Bris Lions website:
Vice-captain Harris Andrews has been cleared to start training after passing concussion protocols, but Chris Fagan has indicated the young defender won't play this weekend against Hawthorn.

AFL Club
Carlton
Kennedy, Naitanui, Gray all injured for my SC today.

Think I'll watch some cycling...
Shouldn't have done that to you Richie (Porte)! Broken collarbone. Going to go wrap myself up in cotton wool and thank my lucky stars I don't play professional sport.

Seriously, I feel for Naitanui and Porte especially.

Last edited: