News Injuries & Suspensions

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon

Darkie

AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol, I just posted incident in the game day thread. It doesn’t look good. I hate how he just dives into pack, hands near players face, then runs off. I wonder how often he gets away with it? It needs to stop.
Couple of weeks off will probably do it. Although with Greene you never really know.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Breaking: GWS star Greene slapped with ban over ‘unnecessary’ eye contact

A few people need to read this bit as well :)

Greene was fined $7500 for serious misconduct on the Bulldogs’ Marcus Bontempelli last week after grabbing at his face among other actions, but was not judged to have made contact with his eyes.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Just heard on the radio that the MRO have offered Greene a one week suspension. I suspect he will fight it.
The dirty grub deserves it... No need for that crap when you have as much natural talent as he does, Yet he continues to go down that path. Just play football.

Last edited:

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Some interesting developments about the Rioli incident in today's West Australian...

"It is being claimed Willie Rioli was frustrated that he could not produce a urine sample after several hours (Reports are up to 4hrs) with drug testers so he put a sports drink into his sample jar."

"Sources close to Rioli indicated he will claim he acted naively and in frustration rather than in an attempt to subvert the testing process. He will claim he was dehydrated and unable to produce a urine sample when he made the baffling decision to pour the sports drink into the jar."

"The sources say Rioli later had a blood test which revealed that he had no illicit or performance-enhancing substances in his body."

So if this latest report is accurate, He was totally clean with nothing illegal in his system and had nothing to fear at all from the test. He just naively didn't take the testing process as serious as he should have. This would explain why there was no change in his behavior or demeanour in the 2 matches he played after the test. He didn't play or act in those matches like a guy who knew he was facing a serious potential career ending suspension. He unbelievably, considering the councilling the players receive in this day and age... Seems to have just simply failed to take the process seriously.

Last edited:

Spots

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
West Coast
Some interesting developments about the Rioli incident in today's West Australian...

"It is being claimed Willie Rioli was frustrated that he could not produce a urine sample after several hours (Reports are up to 4hrs) with drug testers so he put a sports drink into his sample jar."

"Sources close to Rioli indicated he will claim he acted naively and in frustration rather than in an attempt to subvert the testing process. He will claim he was dehydrated and unable to produce a urine sample when he made the baffling decision to pour the sports drink into the jar."

"The sources say Rioli later had a blood test which revealed that he had no illicit or performance-enhancing substances in his body."

So if this latest report is accurate, He was totally clean with nothing illegal in his system and had nothing to fear at all from the test. He just naively didn't take the testing process as serious as he should have. This would explain why there was no change in his behavior or demeanour in the 2 matches he played after the test. He didn't play or act in those matches like a guy who knew he was facing a serious potential career ending suspension. He unbelievably, considering the councilling the players receive in this day and age... Seems to have just simply failed to take the process seriously.
If this latest story is indeed true, who was the one that made up the 'panicked' story... nice responsible journalism right there..... :unsure:

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
As I said, I hope common sense is used not to punish him too severely.

Last edited:

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
If this latest story is indeed true, who was the one that made up the 'panicked' story... nice responsible journalism right there..... :unsure:
That's the problem with the ASADA process... Limited details are given to the public and it only invites journalists to make stuff up and speculate.

As I said, I hope common sense is used not to punished him too severely.
So do I, He does need some sort of punishment for his stupidity, but to suspend a what seems to be clean player for 4 years and effectively end his career is way to harsh in my opinion. Hopefully some common sense is applied though.