News Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Carlton
Refer to HS Articles for full story.

Carlton forward Charlie Curnow’s knee injury worse than first thought

Already reeling from the likelihood of Charlie Curnow facing a longer stint on the sidelines, Carlton has rejected claims of double standards after the youngster wasn’t disciplined for drinking while injured.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wines missing shouldn’t affect Gray too much. Supposedly has been working pretty closely with Rozee and they’ll be chopping out each other’s mid minutes almost exclusively.

Reckon Robbie is just that little bit older and little bit slower and probably has faded into SuperCoach obscurity like great players do.

Rozee on the other hand......
Had a good yarn to my mate that works for the power today and he gave Robbie a massive pump up. Reckons he’s shed quite a few kgs and is all but over his persistent groin troubles and has got the power back through his legs and his running is off the charts for him.

Just when I’d finally settled my forward line :rolleyes:

AFL Club
West Coast
AFL will give them a decent pick as he is a Restricted Free Agent.
I know its a 'secret herbs and spices' formula the AFL use but surely Swans aren't going to be offering massive $$ or a long term contract now.. he might only be worth a second round compensation pick! Given next years compromised draft, this becomes more like a third rounder too...

AFL Club
Collingwood
Had a good yarn to my mate that works for the power today and he gave Robbie a massive pump up. Reckons he’s shed quite a few kgs and is all but over his persistent groin troubles and has got the power back through his legs and his running is off the charts for him.

Just when I’d finally settled my forward line :rolleyes:
geez @BigRuss why did you have to post this ? you know Robbie is a favourite of mine ? very tempting

Any inside word on Bergman , Cox or Mead looking likely for Round 1 ?

I guess with Gray , Howard & Ryder leaving their are 3 spots to fill , assuming Ebert gets one , Watts possibly another , and if they pick Ladhams & Lycett in tandem.

Head of football last night said everyone is available for next Friday's trial game aside from Wines , so competition is fierce for spots.

Now do I move Whitfield or Dusty into the mids to fit Robbie in ?

AFL Club
Collingwood
geez @BigRuss why did you have to post this ? you know Robbie is a favourite of mine ? very tempting

I guess with Gray , Howard & Ryder leaving their are 3 spots to fill , assuming Ebert gets one , Watts possibly another , and if they pick Ladhams & Lycett in tandem.

Head of football last night said everyone is available for next Friday's trial game aside from Wines , so competition is fierce for spots.

I think Watts (DEF $307,900) will automatically be in Port's best 22. If fit, I'm tempted to give him a go if he is still going to play half back, as he did in 2019. Very talented player, 28 now, so maybe has matured?

Tuesday, 28 January 2020
Jack Watts is a chance of playing in round one after integrating back into the main group at training.
Watts looked at home in his new role across half-back before suffering a season-ending broken leg and dislocated ankle in last year's round two win against Carlton.
"He's still monitoring his foot a little bit, but he's had a solid week or two at training and he'll look to keep building on that," Port Adelaide defender and teammate Tom Clurey said.
"If he puts together a good month coming up, I'm sure he'll be definitely around the mark come round one. We all know what he can do with the ball in hand and how damaging he is, so I'm sure if his foot and body's holding up, he'll be right up there."

Lee Gaskin for AFL.com.au

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah Watts is 100% in the side if he’s fit, looked a million bucks across half back before he pinged his leg last year. As long as he hasn’t done too much swimming over the break, I’d imagine he’ll pick up where he left off ;)

Ebert probably is in there too, though I believe he needs to be a depth player if were to pump some games into kids this year.

I don’t think there’s room for one of Ladhams or Hoff in the side and since Hoff is versatile I reckon Ladhams gets the flick.

I’m not too sure on the rookies this year, Davies gave Georgiades a bit of a pump up in an interview the other day. By some stroke of genius, I’ve managed to book an MRI on my neck in the City for next Friday so would be rude not to mosey on down and have a look at the intra club after. Should have a bit more of an idea then.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah Watts is 100% in the side if he’s fit, looked a million bucks across half back before he pinged his leg last year. As long as he hasn’t done too much swimming over the break, I’d imagine he’ll pick up where he left off ;)

Ebert probably is in there too, though I believe he needs to be a depth player if were to pump some games into kids this year.

I don’t think there’s room for one of Ladhams or Hoff in the side and since Hoff is versatile I reckon Ladhams gets the flick.

I’m not too sure on the rookies this year, Davies gave Georgiades a bit of a pump up in an interview the other day. By some stroke of genius, I’ve managed to book an MRI on my neck in the City for next Friday so would be rude not to mosey on down and have a look at the intra club after. Should have a bit more of an idea then.
Good old Jack , just likes enjoying himself too much (and getting caught).

I don't think I have seen a club yet come out and not pump up their new players pre-season ?

Talk of Hoff going down back as well but roams everywhere , Charlie should be 100% again.

Like the look of Ladhams.

Ebert is very interesting , agree they should get the games into the kids , but will they ?

Look forward to your thoughts after the intra club , good luck for your MRI , hope all is progressing well.

AFL Club
West Coast
Good old Jack , just likes enjoying himself too much (and getting caught).

I don't think I have seen a club yet come out and not pump up their new players pre-season ?

Talk of Hoff going down back as well but roams everywhere , Charlie should be 100% again.

Like the look of Ladhams.

Ebert is very interesting , agree they should get the games into the kids , but will they ?

Look forward to your thoughts after the intra club , good luck for your MRI , hope all is progressing well.
Hinkley know his coaching dream at Port is over if they don't make finals this year... make of that what you will

AFL Club
Fremantle

That is some dedication and master planning BigRuss. Break your neck months ago so you can watch your team train! :)