News Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Carlton
I really like Pittonet, especially if Kreuzer was to get an LTI.
Both games last year (75SC, 70SC) were with Ceglar sharing the ruck duties.

That being said, it sounds like Kreuz will probably play a pre-season game, or at least play very early in the season.

They want to get games into TDK eventually, but I think Pittonet is the clear #2 for the next few years and will get some decent runs as the #1 ruck. I'm still ready to pounce on him at R2 if Kreuz was to be ruled out for 5+ rounds and if Gawn missed all the pre-season matches. Two very big if's!
Shame this had to happen after Round 1 had started. Still pretty keen on Pittonet next week now that trades are pretty much 2 a week.

If Xerri gets named, Xerri > Williams - I'd rather have a player potentially playing at some point this season, just not this round with Grundy's VC.
If Williams then gets named, then I'll forgo someone playing this year and go Williams > Jamieson.

AFL Club
Collingwood
........David Swallow will miss the Suns' next match – whenever it is played – with his late elbow to the jaw of Westhoff deemed worthy of a one-game suspension by Christian........

........Hurley has escaped with a $2000 fine for his late strike on Fremantle youngster Sam Sturt in a spoiling contest, avoiding a suspension after the incident was graded as 'careless' and not 'intentional' by Match Review Officer Michael Christian.........

.........Pittard also walked away with a $2000 fine for tripping Dan Butler in what was a crude attempt at stopping the run of the St Kilda forward.......

..........Fremantle's Bailey Banfield was fined $2000 for striking Essendon defender Adam Saad.........

........Port Adelaide's Steven Motlop was handed a $1000 misconduct fine following an incident involving Gold Coast defender Sam Collins........

https://www.afl.com.au/news/389979/suns-skipper-cops-one-match-ban-four-players-hit-with-fines

AFL Club
Collingwood
Key Lion tears PCL, set for up to 10 weeks in rehab
Scans reveal grade two damage to Stefan Martin's knee
By Riley Beveridge - 2 hrs ago

BRISBANE ruckman Stefan Martin will miss more than two months with a torn PCL.........Scans revealed Martin sustained grade two damage during the incident, which occurred in the third quarter, and will subsequently be in a brace for the next six weeks.......

............The Lions expect the 33-year-old to be in rehabilitation for the next eight-to-10 weeks as a result of the significant blow, putting him in doubt to return should football resume from its suspension at the earliest possible point in the first week of June........

........Brisbane has limited ruck options behind Martin and could be forced to rely heavily on youngsters Oscar McInerney and Archie Smith, should he not be fit upon the return of play.........

AFL Club
Collingwood
Roo star sidelined for two months
Jack Ziebell suffers a high-grade medial strain but says the knee is feeling 'quite good'
By Riley Beveridge - 3 hrs ago

NORTH Melbourne skipper Jack Ziebell will miss up to two months with a knee injury, but could strangely still be in the mix for round two.......

.........."I just remember being on the ground with my leg out and someone falling across my leg. I straight away felt pain on the inside.
"I've never done one before, but I know a few blokes that have and just thought medial straightaway.

"I got a scan Monday and it revealed exactly what the doctors thought, which was a high-grade medial strain and probably miss six-to-eight weeks............Ziebell had already endured an injury-plagued summer, dealing with a calf setback that had initially threatened his chances of featuring in round one.