News Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Melbourne
Well there you go. Not happy to see him suspended necessarily (including as an owner) … but it is good to see that he didn’t get off simply because he’s a Brownlow favourite.
The only good thing I like is the consistency. Too often high profile players get treated differently to run of the mill players.
From that point of view, I'm happy to see him go.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sounds like they are going for option number 3 on that list.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1168874...longmire-outline-basis-of-isaac-heeney-appeal

"Under AFL guidelines, a Tribunal decision can be appealed if "classification of (the) offence (is) manifestly excessive or inadequate", which looms as the club's likely line of attack at the Appeals Board."

AFL Club
Essendon
The only good thing I like is the consistency. Too often high profile players get treated differently to run of the mill players.
From that point of view, I'm happy to see him go.
How is there consistency between him getting a week for something innocuous & Cripps getting off his head-high contact where he chose to leave the ground to bump in '22 that put Ah Chee in concussion protocols & missed 2 weeks?

EDIT: And Butters a few weeks ago where he chose to strike.

Farcical.

Last edited:
How is there consistency between him getting a week for something innocuous & Cripps getting off his head-high contact where he chose to leave the ground to bump in '22 that put Ah Chee in concussion protocols & missed 2 weeks?

Farcical.
Cripps didn't get off for his. Cripps was suspended, and then had it overturned because of a miswording by one of the AFL reps in his tribunal hearing. The AFL and tribunal were both suspending him, it was just legal rubbish that got it overturned - nothing to do with the act itself.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

Farcical.
Assuming you ae comparing apples with apples, are they not examples of high profile players getting treated differently, that I referred to?

AFL Club
Essendon