News Injuries & Suspensions

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
St Kilda declare Dan Hannebery’s hamstring issue as ‘minor’ and he remains on track for season 2019

St Kilda has allayed fears surrounding the fitness of star recruit Dan Hannebery and is adamant that the midfielder remains on track to feature in the upcoming JLT Community Series.

The former Swan was withdrawn from a match simulation 10 days ago, completing drills on the sideline after reporting hamstring tightness on February 1.
Later scans indicated no strain with the star able to engage in an arduous running session last week.
“Dan experienced some hamstring tightness during match simulation training 10 days ago but scans cleared him of any strain,” a Saints spokesperson said.
“His workload has been reduced slightly and he’ll step up his training over the next week as the club continues to take a conservative approach.
“It’s a minor issue which isn’t expected to impact his preparations for the season.”
Hannebery, 27, who joined the club at the end of last season on a five-year deal, reported a similar issue in December with those scans clear.
Given his history with hamstring injuries, the club has kept a close eye on Hannebery’s training load in recent months as he builds towards his 11th AFL season.
Thanks for the update.

Concerning that he had hamstring tightness in his first match sim session for the preseason.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Good news!

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/afl-news/roos-welcome-back-daw/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

MAJAK Daw is back at North Melbourne with the defender joining his teammates for their annual photo day.
Daw returned to the club a couple of weeks ago and a slight limp on Monday was the only sign of his serious injuries suffered in December, when he fell from the Bolte Bridge.
The 27-year-old suffered hip and pelvis injuries in the fall and it is unclear whether he will play this season.

Daw had a broad grin at the team photo session and captain Jack Ziebell said the Kangaroos are rapt to have him back.
“He’s loving being back at the footy club as well, which is awesome to see,” Ziebell said.………..“Everyone is just joyful that he’s back. The smile on his face, more importantly, but (also) on everyone else’s faces when he walked in, it’s awesome to see...........

Not good news about Berry, but if he is meant to play in a practice match in under two weeks then surely he will be 100% by round 1.

AFL Club
Essendon
Not good news about Berry, but if he is meant to play in a practice match in under two weeks then surely he will be 100% by round 1.
It's going to be very tough for him to have a year worth picking him for. They'll reduce his training load to make sure he doesn't develop chronic fatigue, it's hard to see him getting much above 95 and at that price he's more of a keeper than cash cow.

AFL Club
West Coast
This morning on the way to work and coming home on the radio there were several discussions about Freo and the state of injuries. I will summarise.

Bennell-conflicting reports as first he has had a major calf problem and then Colin Young his manager says later he has only been eased off and will be ready again in 2 weeks. Sandi has ongoing calf issues. Conca has a knee problem and could be off full training for a month. Hambling also has "soft tissue issues" what ever that means.

What ever is accurate it seems to quote Bill Lawry "It's all happening at the MCG" down there in Freo. For my 2 cents with Hill also injured I think there could be opportunities for other players in the midfield. Certainly Cerrra and Brayshaw will probably be called on. Maybe a rookie or two as well? All Freo need to do know is work out a game plan so we can see it and work out who might be worth a look.

AFL Club
Collingwood
RE: Brodie Grundy still on restricted duties, more than three weeks after he first missed training. Strapping for his toe up to his calf.
I hope they got cotton wool wrapped around his toe as well. They have to look after my prized recruit :p
At least he is back to running.
Feb 13

doesn't look like he has lost much conditioning to me

put him in the pool and gym until the middle of March

chance to fine tune Cox and Roughead's ruck work

AFL Club
Melbourne
Feb 13

doesn't look like he has lost much conditioning to me

put him in the pool and gym until the middle of March

chance to fine tune Cox and Roughead's ruck work
The problem is, you wont notice it until he is sucking in big breaths on the bench from the 15/20 min mark of each quarter :eek: