News Injuries & Suspensions

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
He is actually a really good player.

GC don’t have one AFL quality defender in their team now, crazy.
New strategy ... 20 trades used to bring in key position forwards the week they play Suns
Currently looking at the key forwards who face the Suns in the first month to see if I can find a potential pinch hitter to take a punt on ?

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
are they able to bring in a player before the March 15 deadline ? was just reading the Swans are trialling players to replace Maibaum
Yes, once they put him on the LTI list. Teams are unable to trial anybody as that deadline has been reached. The Swans only brought in players for a physical/medical, they couldn't trial them.

Edit: Gold Coast, Carlton, GWS, Melbourne and Hawthorn all have a position on their list available to add a player by March 15. So, Gold Coast could add two now. If they opt not to fill them before March 15, they can carry over a selection to the mid-season draft.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collins , Day , Homsbch , King , Leslie

if Nicholls ever gets fit again could he play CHB ?

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, once they put him on the LTI list. Teams are unable to trial anybody as that deadline has been reached. The Swans only brought in players for a physical/medical, they couldn't trial them.
no secret training sessions then either ? ?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Will likely be Leslie or Homsbch as that ‘lockdown’ defender that will go on the oppositions best forward.

My cousin is actually Jack Leslie so will gather some insight from him.
Cheers mate , good to know.

Can you ask him to make sure the club signs Rankine , Lukosious & King on 5-10 year deals ASAP so the club might get some stability ?

Cheers mate , good to know.

Can you ask him to make sure the club signs Rankine , Lukosious & King on 5-10 year deals ASAP so the club might get some stability ?
They’re working on it.

3 stars they’ve got on their hands.

AFL Club
Collingwood
They’re working on it.

3 stars they’ve got on their hands.
I certainly hope so for the clubs sake and the competition , was surprised why they didn't take the King twins together.

Dew seems to be pretty switched on so hopefully he can develop something in the next season or 2.

I certainly hope so for the clubs sake and the competition , was surprised why they didn't take the King twins together.

Dew seems to be pretty switched on so hopefully he can develop something in the next season or 2.
Dew is a great coach from what I’ve heard, step up from Eade.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Dew is a great coach from what I’ve heard, step up from Eade.
When I was living in Sydney only ever heard great things about Dew , was just up to him to decide if he wanted a senior coaching job.

From looking outside , may have been too much of a generation gap between Eade and the playing group , they might not have liked his "tough love" tactics.

Pretty hard though when there are/were different rules for players.

The AFL has invested too much $$$ into the Sins , so hopefully they are all on the same page now and can move forward together.