News Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Collingwood
had no chance , got crucified by the media

don't think Channel 7 should be highlighted possible discretions after the game when they are actually interviewing the said player

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
past indiscretions supposedly have no bearing/influence so what was he getting away with again exactly ?
I thought he may have got away with diving in, reaching under a pack of bodies, making contact with the eyes of an opposition player, then getting up and running off as though nothing happened. He has been given the benefit of doubt previously on numerous occasions, so I guess when he continues to keep doing it, his luck was going to run out eventually. Like you say, previous indiscretions wouldn’t have come into it. He should have quit while he was ahead.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought he may have got away with diving in, reaching under a pack of bodies, making contact with the eyes of an opposition player, then getting up and running off as though nothing happened. He has been given the benefit of doubt previously on numerous occasions, so I guess when he continues to keep doing it, his luck was going to run out eventually. Like you say, previous indiscretions wouldn’t have come into it. He should have quit while he was ahead.
Even more interesting that Neale testified that he felt no contact to the eyes whatsoever.

AFL Club
West Coast
Even more interesting that Neale testified that he felt no contact to the eyes whatsoever.
I'm not so sure that Neale's testimony is entirely truthful.

There is a reason they stopped allowing players testimonies at the tribunal. The opposition players generally try to help the other player get off unless it is a really bad incident.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not so sure that Neale's testimony is entirely truthful.

There is a reason they stopped allowing players testimonies at the tribunal. The opposition players generally try to help the other player get off unless it is a really bad incident.
hahaha when have players told the truth at the tribunal ?

no point then calling players to give testimony if they are not going to use it.

AFL Club
West Coast
hahaha when have players told the truth at the tribunal ?

no point then calling players to give testimony if they are not going to use it.
That's exactly what I said... That the opposition player can't be relied on to be truthful.

Neale has obviously has told GWS/Greene that he will try to get him off. And the defense have tried to use that. But the AFL Tribunal wasn't buying it at all.

Greene is a dirty grub who shouldn't be doing that kind of stuff. There's no place for it in the game and no need for him to be doing it when he can beat players just on natural ability alone. Deserves a week and should have got a week last week too. It's not what we want filtering down to our juniors in the lower grades.

AFL Club
Collingwood
That's exactly what I said... That the opposition player can't be relied on to be truthful.

Neale has obviously has told GWS/Greene that he will try to get him off. And the defense have tried to use that. But the AFL Tribunal wasn't buying it at all.

Greene is a dirty grub who shouldn't be doing that kind of stuff. There's no place for it in the game and no need for him to be doing it when he can beat players just on natural ability alone. Deserves a week and should have got a week last week too. It's not what we want filtering down to our juniors in the lower grades.
Pretty obvious how you feel about Greene.

According to the AFL he didn't make any contact with Bont's eyes at all last week.

Maybe it's time the tribunal was opened up to the cameras so we can all see what goes on.

The media will be happy with the result.

AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty obvious how you feel about Greene.

According to the AFL he didn't make any contact with Bont's eyes at all last week.

Maybe it's time the tribunal was opened up to the cameras so we can all see what goes on.

The media will be happy with the result.
And very clear you for some unknown reason think Greene is completely innocent.

The AFL messed up last week charging Greene with the Serious Misconduct charge on Bont... They realized their mistake this week and charged him with making unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the eye region instead. Had they done that last week... He would have got the week he deserved.

Reporters are let in to the tribunal and they report all that goes on, so no questions over the tribunal process there.

You're definitely entitled to your own view... But not sure how anyone can defend his actions at all to be honest or say there is a place for it in the game.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
And very clear you for some unknown reason think Greene is completely innocent.

The AFL messed up last week charging Greene with the Serious Misconduct charge on Bont... They realized their mistake this week and charged him with making unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the eye region instead. Had they done that last week... He would have got the week he deserved.

Reporters are let in to the tribunal and they report all that goes on, so no questions over the tribunal process there.

Not sure how anyone can defend his actions at all to be honest or say there is a place for it in the game.
Think he was found guilty even before the case was heard , can't recall the media trying to get someone so clearly in a number of years.

Sounds like he should be just banned forever.

Vision I saw , I think had 3 GWS Giants players tackling Neale , even when they replayed it still didn't look conclusive (to me)

I guess I don't have access to all the vision the tribunal they do though.

Wonder what would have happened if he was a Brownlow Medallist , they seem to be treated differently at the Tribunal ?

Some good reactions on the Fox Sports site from ex players commentating on the incident , seems 50/50 whether he should have been suspended or not.

Anyway the decision has been made.