News Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Collingwood
Bombers forward setup losing numbers by the days...:unsure:
They have Devon Smith to play there :(

Conor McKenna has flown home to Ireland for the third time in recent months for family reasons...…...he continues to battle with homesickness.……..they expect him to return in time to play in the Bombers' opening Marsh Community Series match against West Coast on February 27...……..McKenna, who finished fourth in the best and fairest last year as a defender, is set to be used as a forward in a pre-season experiment that may spill into the premiership season.

AFL Club
Carlton
Gold Coast midfielder Anthony Miles ruptured his pectoral muscle in a gym session last week, as a result he will miss the start of the season.

Miles will likely be sidelined until the second half of the 2020 season.

“Anthony was in the gym late last week doing a really simple bench press and he’s managed to rupture the pectoral muscle in his chest,”

“It’s going to be an extended period because it’s quite a serious injury, but we’d expect to see him back in the second half of the year.” GM of Football Operations Jon Haines

Miles averaged 21.4 Disposals, 3.8 Marks & 3.9 Tackles from 17 games in 2019, he moved to the Suns at the end of the 2018 H&A season.

AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/sy...e/news-story/3c63aca542772d73628ed39c41b6b00f

Sydney star Isaac Heeney is facing a race against the clock to be fit in time for Round 1 after a freak training mishap last month.
The 23-year-old broke his thumb in a drill at the end of last month and is unlikely to feature in either of the Swans’ Marsh Community Series games against Greater Western and North Melbourne...…..

………..Four-time Coleman medallist Lance Franklin is also in doubt for the season opener against Adelaide at the Adelaide Oval after undergoing knee surgery at the start of the year...…...

AFL Club
Geelong
throw in JJ and Danger as well.

wouldn't mind seeing Ratugolea get a crack as first ruckman

the other thing Melbourne could easily do is just play all 4 of Brayshaw , Harmes , Oliver & Viney at the centre bounce , no rule as far as I know , that you actually have to contest the centre bounce , see how the other ruck copes then.
I don't think the Cats will be wanting to waste such a talent turning him into a full time ruckman, will only ever chop out imo, an agile, mobile fwd worth so much more to us.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/sy...e/news-story/3c63aca542772d73628ed39c41b6b00f

Sydney star Isaac Heeney is facing a race against the clock to be fit in time for Round 1 after a freak training mishap last month.
The 23-year-old broke his thumb in a drill at the end of last month and is unlikely to feature in either of the Swans’ Marsh Community Series games against Greater Western and North Melbourne...…..

………..Four-time Coleman medallist Lance Franklin is also in doubt for the season opener against Adelaide at the Adelaide Oval after undergoing knee surgery at the start of the year...…...
For something new, Heeney with a preseason injury?! :unsure:

I was still giving him some thought, even with the 'we like him forward' or whatever was said because i don't really like a lot of the other forwards but guess I can completely forget about him now.

AFL Club
Collingwood
For something new, Heeney with a preseason injury?! :unsure:

I was still giving him some thought, even with the 'we like him forward' or whatever was said because i don't really like a lot of the other forwards but guess I can completely forget about him now.
Because there are not many good forwards to choose from, Heeney is still on my 'For Consideration' list. He still may start Rd1 and his fitness is not a problem, just touch maybe.
If he doesn't start Rd1, but Rd2, he may turn out to be a POD?
He did play injured a lot last year and he did play in multi positions last year and still averaged 94. Ok, he will play forward this year, but I expect he will play some mid as well, pretty much as last year.
Is he injury prone, hmmm, the way he throws his body around has me concerned. But gee he's a talented footballer who plays through injury.
I'm on the fence with Heeney, but I haven't wrote him off.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Because there are not many good forwards to choose from, Heeney is still on my 'For Consideration' list. He still may start Rd1 and his fitness is not a problem, just touch maybe.
He did play injured a lot last year and he did play in multi positions last year and still averaged 94. Ok, he will play forward this year, but I expect he will play some mid as well, pretty much as last year.
Is he injury prone, hmmm, the way he throws his body around has me concerned. But gee he's a talented footballer who plays through injury.
For even the biggest Heeney tragic in me, there was some comments at the end of that article that have me looking elsewhere as well now

Heeney, who finished 5th in last year’s best and fairest after finishing 4th in 2018, expects to play predominantly as a forward in 2020, after playing all over the ground in 2019 where he averaged 20 disposals and kicked 26 goals from 22 appearances.

“(I will) probably a little bit more forward this year,” he said.

“Last year was a bit of a mix, I was thrown everywhere. I grew up as a midfielder and still believe I’ve got a bit to offer in the midfield, but at the moment we’ve got a decent midfield who are working really well together. The better they go the more opportunity I’ll have down forward.

“I love kicking goals – it is pretty hard to not love kicking goals. I’ll play my heart out wherever Horse wants to play me. It is hard to pick where I like playing more, forward and midfield.”

Last edited by a moderator:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I think he definitely becomes a POD if he doesn't play round 1 but unlike a player who's suspended round 1 for example, an interrupted preseason caused by an injury that was bad enough for him to miss a H&A match would be enough for me to steer clear completely.

Playing majority forward, he will probably have high variance in his scoring so should drop in price at some stage most likely.