News Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Wooaaah! Just seen the gash Isaac Quaynor suffered....nasty; gonna take a while to heal.

You would think he had wiped out bad taking off on a wave at Teahupo and eating the reef

AFL Club
Collingwood
If the boots / studs Wicks was wearing are deemed to have been against the rules, does he cop a fine / suspension? Or the club? Probably a LOT of people considering trading him in after his BYE this week.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
What happened to the good old days when the ump would come in to changerooms and you would all line up and he would run his hands over everyones studs?
Yep. I never played a match without the umps checking studs and for jewellery.

And any sharp edges, particularly on new boots had to be filed(rounded) down.

It’s just common sense.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
What happened to the good old days when the ump would come in to changerooms and you would all line up and he would run his hands over everyones studs?
Yep. I never played a match without the umps checking studs and for jewellery.

And any sharp edges, particularly on new boots had to be filed(rounded) down.

It’s just common sense.
With your name ...no wonder 😂

Yep always had to line up get the boots checked, fingers, looking for any sharps!
Nowadays I think it’s to absolve umpires of responsibility and put the duty of care onto the players/teams instead of the umps. Don’t have any proof of that it’s just my opinion.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Carlton
Wonder how many other clubs also cop a fine if these are standard issue and worn widely throughout the comp? Fair enough to ban these stops, they should never have been allowed by the sound of it, but not sure why they would single out Sydney for this.
I think they have confirmed no fine, but a warning. I can imagine all clubs scrambling to get compliant boots in, starting tonight.