News Injuries & Suspensions

AFL Club
Essendon
Dylan Shiel due back in 3-4 weeks could change things, also if he's ahead of schedule too.
Fair call! In my head I was thinking Langford has found some nice form/role with Shiel out so if anything Shiel comes back into the McGrath role. But might be worth a closer look to see how that lines up and it actually works.

Personally, I'd prefer Langford over Shiel in the middle anyway!

AFL Club
West Coast
The GIANTS could be boosted by a host of key inclusions for Sunday’s clash with the Kangaroos in Tasmania.
Phil Davis and Matt de Boer are available for selection for the round 13 match while Toby Greene is listed as a test and will be available if he gets through Thursday’s main training session.
Davis (calf) and de Boer (hamstring) both suffered injuries in round three while Greene has missed the last two matches with a shoulder injury.

Greene possibly back earlier than expected - tempting for those willing to take the risk/ needing a potential fwd premium.

The GIANTS could be boosted by a host of key inclusions for Sunday’s clash with the Kangaroos in Tasmania.
Phil Davis and Matt de Boer are available for selection for the round 13 match while Toby Greene is listed as a test and will be available if he gets through Thursday’s main training session.
Davis (calf) and de Boer (hamstring) both suffered injuries in round three while Greene has missed the last two matches with a shoulder injury.

Greene possibly back earlier than expected - tempting for those willing to take the risk/ needing a potential fwd premium.
Greene is someone I’m strongly considering if he’s back this week. Could kick a huge bag against North this week.

AFL Club
Carlton
Greene is someone I’m strongly considering if he’s back this week. Could kick a huge bag against North this week.
I don't know why people think the North defence are easy beats. They should have a couple of players back after their bye including Tarrant. If we go by history he has a 47, 104 and zero the last 3 years. Greene has an injury history himself, someone I won't be selecting, but that's me lol.

AFL Club
Carlton
Any news on Fyfe? can’t find anything on AFL website and there seems to be no mention of how long or if he’s going to miss
Probably went for scans today, I'm sure we'll hear more tomorrow. Being his reconstructed shoulder I'd imagine they would put him in cotton wool, will let the young midfield group further develop. He's an out for me regardless.

AFL Club
West Coast
Probably went for scans today, I'm sure we'll hear more tomorrow. Being his reconstructed shoulder I'd imagine they would put him in cotton wool, will let the young midfield group further develop. He's an out for me regardless.
Correct, had scans today along with 4 other dockers so should know tomorrow how serious the issue is.

AFL Club
Sydney
Langford a very decent option, much better midfield role after McGrath went down and has a very good scoring history when used in his natural position. He's actually Parish 2.0 for them, same problem of playing forward because he's better at it than the other midfielders and they're paid more but not because he's actually good at it but has shown as much or more when playing in the midfield than any of them.

Really rate him. If Impey gets shifted around again and fails I'd definitely consider that move. Too bad he's got so expensive already!

AFL Club
Essendon
I'd say Langford's natural position is actually half forward flank, rotating thru the mids.
Essendon tries to turn him into an inside mid two years ago and he was very slow with handballing in traffic.
The current setup of parish as the primary ball winner plus Merrett / Langford with McGrath a more defensive mid, seems to be working well. I think Perkins will take over McGraths role until Shiel maybe Smith / Snelling is back.

He definitely looks very comfortable in the current role. But you are paying ~97.5 ppg to get him.

That said, I'll be trying Poulter > Langford R14

Anyone got a timeline on Lycett's return? Contemplating any and every option for my ruck setup and Ladhams at his price somewhat appeals if Lycett is still a few weeks away, and really doesn't appeal if Lycett is back in the next 2.

AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone got a timeline on Lycett's return? Contemplating any and every option for my ruck setup and Ladhams at his price somewhat appeals if Lycett is still a few weeks away, and really doesn't appeal if Lycett is back in the next 2.
He's served 3 of the 4 games he was suspended for so should be back in round 14. I'm spewing cause if he was missing 2 more I thought Ladhams looked a good sneaky option for Grundy..