Discussion [KFC BBL08] Big Bash League Fantasy Discussion - Starts 19th Dec 2018

AFL Club
Collingwood
Matt Parkinson joins Melbourne Stars' legspin influx

Lancashire and England Lions legspinner Matt Parkinson has signed with Melbourne Stars for the Big Bash.

He will play half the season for the Stars when Nepal legspinner Sandeep Lamichhane switches to the Bangladesh Premier League.
Parkinson has established himself as one of the leading limited-overs bowlers in English domestic cricket. He was the second-highest wicket-taker in the 2018 T20 Blast with 25 scalps at 16.60 and an economy rate of 7.32, which backed up being the leading bowler in the 50-over Royal London Cup with 18 wickets, as he pushed his claims for full England honours.

"I am hugely excited to have signed for the Melbourne Stars. It's one of the biggest T20 competitions in the world and I can't wait to get over there and meet the rest of the squad," Parkinson said. "It's a competition I have watched and admired for a long time and one that I've always wanted to play in. To have the chance to play for the Stars at the Melbourne Cricket Ground would be a dream come true.

"Whilst I've been really pleased with my T20 form over the last couple of years, I still have a lot to learn with the white ball and this will be another fantastic opportunity for me to develop my game, learn from some of the best players in the world and challenge myself in-front of some really big crowds."

Legspin will play a key part for the Stars throughout the competition with Adam Zampa, who has been recalled by Australia for the series against Pakistan, also in the squad.

AFL Club
Collingwood
HANDSCOMB PENS TWO-YEAR DEAL WITH STARS

Test hopeful Peter Handscomb has recommitted to the Melbourne Stars on a two-year deal ahead of this summer's KFC Big Bash League.
Handscomb, who has played for Australia in Tests and ODIs in recent years, adds considerable experience and stability to the Stars' batting line-up, which has lost English mainstays Luke Wright and Kevin Pietersen.

A foundation Star, Handscomb has played 30 matches in green and has 453 runs to his name, including a memorable 103no against the Perth Scorchers in BBL|04.

"I'm really happy to re-sign with the Stars," Handscomb said. "I have a lot of friends here and to get to play with the likes of (Marcus) Stoinis, (Scott) Boland and (Adam) Zampa again is something that excites me.

"We're a pretty close group and there are a few of us that have played together for the last three or four years, so we've gotten to know each other quite well both on and off the field.

"We also have some new faces at the club and we're really looking forward to welcoming them to the Stars family."
Stars List Manager Trent Woodhill said securing Handscomb strengthens the team's batting line-up.

"It was a major focus for us to lock in Pete along with Marcus Stoinis," Woodhill said. "These two guys along with Glenn Maxwell, Nic Maddinson and Ben Dunk will provide us with a strong batting spine that features an array of quality local batters.

"We think that Pete is someone who can dominate this tournament, as seen by his century against the Scorchers, and from the recent JLT Cup, we know that he is in good white-ball form.

"We also know that Pete has strong leadership skills – he's proven himself as a leader not just at the Stars but in his role as captain of Victoria."
The Stars open their BBL|08 campaign against Sydney Thunder on December 21, and will host their first home match on January 1 with a blockbuster New Year's Day Derby at the MCG.

Melbourne Stars squad to date: Michael Beer, Scott Boland, Jackson Coleman, Travis Dean, Ben Dunk, Seb Gotch, Sandeep Lamichhane (Nepal), Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Parkinson (England, *international replacement), Marcus Stoinis, Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa

AFL Club
Collingwood
article on the Big Bash site

$ 150.00 Sky Scanner voucher for each match , $ 250.00 for Finals

$ 5,000.00 Cricket Travel Package for overall winner.

$ 50.00 for the WBBL04 , $ 2,000.00 for the winner.

looks like can change the number of batsmen or bowlers etc each game

AFL Club
Adelaide
article on the Big Bash site

$ 150.00 Sky Scanner voucher for each match , $ 250.00 for Finals

$ 5,000.00 Cricket Travel Package for overall winner.

$ 50.00 for the WBBL04 , $ 2,000.00 for the winner.

looks like can change the number of batsmen or bowlers etc each game
Cool I’ll have to have a better look at it.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon the entry numbers will be pretty low in this comp so gotta be worth a crack.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon the entry numbers will be pretty low in this comp so gotta be worth a crack.
Wonder what the catch is with the Skyscanner Voucher's and the Cricket Package.

You are right though , most would have given up on it , so might be lucky to Jag a daily prize.

AFL Club
Collingwood
anyone playing this ?

just chucked some quick sides together

actually difficult trying to pick 11 players from 2 teams with bat , ar & bowler number of selections flexible.

not sure how the scoring will work

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
anyone playing this ?

just chucked some quick sides together

actually difficult trying to pick 11 players from 2 teams with bat , ar & bowler number of selections flexible.

not sure how the scoring will work
How are you travelling Herbie?

I have pulled some teams together over the past week in both BBL & WBBL - not much thought, just picking players with no idea if they are actually playing!! Whilst it is a bit clunky, I don’t mind the flexibility between positions. Reminds me a bit of the game day comp @KLo30 used to run except I have no idea who the other entrants are!

AFL Club
Collingwood
How are you travelling Herbie?

I have pulled some teams together over the past week in both BBL & WBBL - not much thought, just picking players with no idea if they are actually playing!! Whilst it is a bit clunky, I don’t mind the flexibility between positions. Reminds me a bit of the game day comp @KLo30 used to run except I have no idea who the other entrants are!
no good at all , my teams didn't save at all for the first 2 games so I gave up

are you getting close with your each game rankings ?

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
no good at all , my teams didn't save at all for the first 2 games so I gave up

are you getting close with your each game rankings ?
I came first in one game in WBBL and am ranked 10th. I’m on around 1,300 points and leader is in excess of 3,000 points!!! In BBL, I’m in the high 300’s - so also not close!!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I came first in one game in WBBL and am ranked 10th. I’m on around 1,300 points and leader is in excess of 3,000 points!!! In BBL, I’m in the high 300’s - so also not close!!
great work do you get a Skycanner voucher for the Women's as well ?

It was quite a challenge trying to find 11 for the men , so the women I would have no idea.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
great work do you get a Skycanner voucher for the Women's as well ?

It was quite a challenge trying to find 11 for the men , so the women I would have no idea.
I’ve got no idea if I won anything, and haven’t followed up. I’m playing the free version so probably not!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve got no idea if I won anything, and haven’t followed up. I’m playing the free version so probably not!
yeah that confused me too , one was free then the added you needed to buy credits and give them bank details , I thought nope for me

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The good thing about this is that with no SC players tonight I have something to follow. Happy with my cheapies Lami & Sang so far. Not so much with VC Bravo and C Maxy yet.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Fluked another WBBL win in the Sixers v Heat game on the weekend. I just went in to see what is on tomorrow and noticed I am now ranked 2nd in WBBL comp, but still a long way behind the leader. I might need to start taking this a little more seriously than picking a team in 2 minutes each game!!

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Fluked another WBBL win in the Sixers v Heat game on the weekend. I just went in to see what is on tomorrow and noticed I am now ranked 2nd in WBBL comp, but still a long way behind the leader. I might need to start taking this a little more seriously than picking a team in 2 minutes each game!!
I think you should continue to keep on doing what you’ve been doing because it seems to be working for you!