Competitions Lock & Load Cash Comp 2019

Beijing_Sting

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane
Rules
- 18 team H2H comp with top 8 finals.
- Best 16 scores each week plus Captain score is your highest individual scorer for the week.

Prizes
$360 prize pool

$140 G.F winner
$70 Runner up
$120 highest points total round 23.
$30 to site

Original thread here

All paid up.
1. Doc ron (paid)
2. Beijing Sting (paid)
3. IDIG (paid)
4. Tex (paid)
5. randomcliche (paid)
6. THCLT (paid)
7. Deeman1 (paid)
8. Darkie (paid)
9. Diabolical (paid)
10. PC (paid)
11. The Experiment (paid)
12. KLo30 (paid)
13. Hasnoshoes (paid)
14. Tails (paid)
15. Zagbag (paid)
16. Bermi (paid)
17. Presto (paid)
18. Rowsus (paid)

Last edited by a moderator:

doc ron

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes it would be fair to say I am currently occupied with some stuff :cry: but you can't keep a good Doctor down and hopefully I will have my shite together by the end of the month. :) If anyone has any suggestions as to some improvements to last year's version please feel free to throw them up for discussion and we can go from there.

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great bump!

Doc is occupied with other stuff atm but hopefully he’ll be keen to run this again next year.

It might be an idea to start a list of those keen to play in the mean time.

1. Doc ron
2. Beijing Sting
3. IDIG
4. Tex
5. randomcliche

Anyone else?
I’m keen too!

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ll go again!

Hopefully Libba will give me a few more minutes service this year!!

As frustrating as it felt at times, I don’t think any changes are needed.

KLo30

AFL Club
North Melb.
I'm in again, but did I learn any lessons? :unsure:

Don't get Maryborough player names mixed up.

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll have a go but will have to think of a different strategy for this type of team ...

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll have a go but will have to think of a different strategy for this type of team ...
Thanks for the reminder ...

I used a different strategy to my SC team last year with similar results - both teams weren’t much chop! :eek:

I was going to go back at season’s end and compare how my SC starting team would have performed. That will be some rainy day homework for me now!

Beijing_Sting

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane
Thanks for the reminder ...

I used a different strategy to my SC team last year with similar results - both teams weren’t much chop! :eek:

I was going to go back at season’s end and compare how my SC starting team would have performed. That will be some rainy day homework for me now!
I put to gether a team using Erichs' file and am now absolutely certain that I am going to make the same mistakes again...

doc ron

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was thinking that maybe having a minimal amount of trades to use may be a good idea to keep a bit more interest in this comp. Was thinking say 5 trades to use at any time during the season but must keep the trades within the salary cap at the time of the trade. Any thoughts welcomed. Was also trying to think of something to do with regard to the Captain choice. Maybe allow 1 trade to change your Captain order or swap one choice out. Just thought i'd run a few ideas up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. :LOL:

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Was thinking that maybe having a minimal amount of trades to use may be a good idea to keep a bit more interest in this comp. Was thinking say 5 trades to use at any time during the season but must keep the trades within the salary cap at the time of the trade. Any thoughts welcomed. Was also trying to think of something to do with regard to the Captain choice. Maybe allow 1 trade to change your Captain order or swap one choice out. Just thought i'd run a few ideas up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. :LOL:
I kind of like it as is, but as a Libba owner last year I would have appreciated a LTI trade!

I think if you do allow a trade there needs to be a penalty of some sort? Perhaps you can’t spend the full player value of who you trade out and you can’t keep cash aside? Or, anyone you trade out is only worth whatever their lowest price was up to that point of the season and who you bring in is worth their highest price? I can now see it getting complicated for you to manage!!

I thought about the captain situation last year. Maybe as it is a ‘best of’ comp, each team could have a leadership group of 3 or 4 players and the best score of those players counts as your captain score? It might encourage us to slip a left field option into our leadership groups and not too big a penalty if the choice goes pear shaped.