Competitions Lock & Load Cash Comp 2019

Beijing_Sting

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane
It looks like only one person started Grundy or Gawn (Tails started both) but I suspect a lot of the coaches in this comp started them in SC.

Was the reason they were omitted here injury concerns? I would have thought they'd be popular C picks.
I went with a round 14 bye bias. I think I chose Danger, Sheed, Constable, Clark, Petruccelle, Hore, and Atkins with round 13 bye.

Pray you don't meet me round 12 or 13, but meet me in round 14. :p
I figured two likely wins out of three might be enough to get me into the finals... and from there who knows

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sitting on 16/1654 - Neale (C)
5 scores below 70 in there.
With 3 Prems, 2 Midpricers and 2 Rookies to come.
Hoping/Expecting something around 1,775.

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks gents, some interesting responses and differences in strategy here!

By my count (admittedly subjective) I have a 12-3-15 structure, whereas Ken has 10-9-11 and I think Thanh has 8-12-10!!

I suspect if we avoid too many injuries, one extreme or the other will come out a clear winner by season’s end.

doc ron

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I still have 11 to play so hopefully I jag a decent captains score in amongst them. Talking to you Jackson Mac.

The Experiment

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Fremantle
A strange feeling when you need certain players to perform for you in certain comps and the same players to have stinkers so I can win a few league games. :rolleyes:
haha I relate to this completely

It's probably my downfall each year, to avoid this situation I try and pick a very similar SC/DT side...usually to the detriment of one side or the other

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
haha I relate to this completely

It's probably my downfall each year, to avoid this situation I try and pick a very similar SC/DT side...usually to the detriment of one side or the other
Interesting, I use the fact that some players are better at SC or DT, as well as the fact that I care more about my SC side, to allow me to pick a few different players in DT!

The Experiment

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting, I use the fact that some players are better at SC or DT, as well as the fact that I care more about my SC side, to allow me to pick a few different players in DT!
Definitely the approach I should be taking Darkie!

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
It looks like only one person started Grundy or Gawn (Tails started both) but I suspect a lot of the coaches in this comp started them in SC.
Was the reason they were omitted here injury concerns? I would have thought they'd be popular C picks.
Thanks gents, some interesting responses and differences in strategy here!
By my count (admittedly subjective) I have a 12-3-15 structure, whereas Ken has 10-9-11 and I think Thanh has 8-12-10!!
I suspect if we avoid too many injuries, one extreme or the other will come out a clear winner by season’s end.
I didn't take Grundy or Gawn mainly because they were expensive (value for money). I'm thinking Goldy and Nankervis should score close to their price.
My strategy was mainly selecting players that will score well, not be injury prone and have even Bye Rds.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
A strange feeling when you need certain players to perform for you in certain comps and the same players to have stinkers so I can win a few league games. :rolleyes:
It was actually partially why I picked Rocky and Dusty in this comp.
I knew I'd never have them in SC, so if they did ok, at least I had them here!

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting also that quite a bit of consideration has been given to the byes.

I had to do my side while travelling with pen and paper (or, I left my run too late so these were my only options :p), so I must admit I didn't even try to include them as a factor. I actually had nearly $50k left over, which I would have tried to use if I'd had my normal setup available ... hope those two issues don't become a big factor!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
My Prems are scoring more like Rookies.
My hope of improving my score to 1,775, looks more like about 1,720 now.
Nowhere near good enough!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
My Prems are scoring more like Rookies.
My hope of improving my score to 1,775, looks more like about 1,720 now.
Nowhere near good enough!
I should of stuck to my original prediction, instead of knee-jerking at 1/4 time.

Sitting on ......... 1,775, with 66, 68 & 70 in there, but only 3 cheap players left in play.

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think I'll finish on 1890 unless Parker or Wilkie can beat 85 which I'd doubt it ...

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll finish around 1904, also don't think Parker or Wilkie will change that.