Competitions Lock & Load Cash Comp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Brisbane
Just a thought.
Lock the first 18 listed players comp (Option 2 With Scoring changes. Top 16 scores count. Captains score is your highest scoring player and a 18 team H2H comp).
Then open another Comp with your suggestion of just the 'total points race' and allow players to enter up to 4 teams (looking at you Beijing_Sting). Maybe $10 a team???
Hey - I voted for just one team in the end!

maybe you just see the opportunity for easy money ;-)

ha ha.

Really, I just think it should be easy to run. I will get a kick out of just one team or any of the new or old rules. I will gloat if I win, and whine if I lose. It is what I was born to do.

In other news, I now know what a strained Quad feels like. Live and learn.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
O.K just to clarify (and give the thread a bump) 18 team H2H comp with top 8 finals.
Best 16 scores each week plus Captain score is your highest individual scorer for the week.
Starts at Round 2.

As for a second comp for just total points, say $10 Entry please express your interest in the next week or so so that we can finalise things.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m in but still waiting payment for the first comp and I really don’t want to be continuing to chase payment for a second $10 league if there isn’t enough interest.

Maybe we could have a cut off date so things can get sorted ASAP

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Yep sure mate
How do we organise our teams mate?
I'm new to this
I'll be making an entry form using Google Sheets to summit teams (see the below quote for the link to last years entry form). Erich's team selector program is a good tool to use to help prepare your team. I haven't had the time to make my usual SC planner, at this stage.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m in but still waiting payment for the first comp and I really don’t want to be continuing to chase payment for a second $10 league if there isn’t enough interest.

Maybe we could have a cut off date so things can get sorted ASAP
Fair enough too. We will make the cut off this Saturday at Midnight. If not enough interest then we can abandon the idea. Could those who haven't paid for the first comp please do so ASAP. IDIG devotes a great deal of time to organising the money side of things so lets make his job as easy as possible. How many are yet to pay Mike?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair enough too. We will make the cut off this Saturday at Midnight. If not enough interest then we can abandon the idea. Could those who haven't paid for the first comp please do so ASAP. IDIG devotes a great deal of time to organising the money side of things so lets make his job as easy as possible. How many are yet to pay Mike?
Now all paid ?

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the 'Lock and Load Total Points' Comp and that is to postpone the Comp to start on the weekend of the 1st AFL Round and to close before the start of the 2nd AFL Rd.

The Comp, at this stage, is roughly as listed below, but there will be time to fine tune it before the start.

'Lock and Load Total Points Comp'
Select 30 players the same as you do in SC under the salary cap. This includes 8 def, 11 mid, 3 ruck and 8 forwards. No need to separate bench players as all players are "Live" .
Your highest scoring player scores Double Points (Captain).
The highest 16 scoring players in your team count towards your total score for the round, regardless of positions, (positions only play a part in the selection process after that they don't really matter).
That's it, no trading just set and forget and watch your progress through the year.
Allow players to enter up to maybe 4 teams at $10 per team.
Just a suggestion, the Prize Money divided 80% to winner, 10% 2nd, 10% to SCS?
Enter your team in a provided 'Google Sheets form' and the entry fee at the same time.
(If need be, could use Erich's team selector program to help prepare your team. (A Link will be provided).

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Thx everyone. All payments received and we’re good to go.

Doc, were you just wanting teams submitted via KLo’s google form thingy?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thx everyone. All payments received and we’re good to go.

Doc, were you just wanting teams submitted via KLo’s google form thingy?
When are the teams due again?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep round 2, so we can keep focused on Supercoach for now. Teams can be submitted via KLo's form same as last year. Thanks KLo. (y) I have a feeling it will be a much closer comp this year.:)

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Yep round 2, so we can keep focused on Supercoach for now. Teams can be submitted via KLo's form same as last year. Thanks KLo. (y) I have a feeling it will be a much closer comp this year.:)
Can someone point me to the link to the form if it's already 'live', otherwise I'll wait like the rest of the participants.(y)

AFL Club
Brisbane
I would have preferred locked and loaded prior to the season. I did not have Gawn and Grundy in this format ... Think that will now be a popular choice after round 1, or will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.