Hawthorn
O.K how about this

$360 Total Money
$ 30 donation to site

$140 Grand Final Winner
$70 Runner Up
$20 losing Prelim finalists
$20 Consolation Grand final winner
$ 60 Total points after Round 23 Leader.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
ok - I am in - and considering new rules and the likely tactics of the opposition, I now have three teams I'm considering (possibly 4). ;-)
So we can enter 4 teams? :p

Even better, we could have 16 teams each and our best scoring team counts for our weekly score! A best of best of comp would be the best!

What administration nightmare?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
O.K how about this

$360 Total Money
$ 30 donation to site

$140 Grand Final Winner
$70 Runner Up
$20 losing Prelim finalists
$20 Consolation Grand final winner
$ 60 Total points after Round 23 Leader.
I reckon you could leave out the losing prelim finalists and minors winner (but that's just a personal thing for me as i'm not a fan of rewarding winning the minors). Winning/not winning $20 is not gonna bother anyone too much i don't think.

I'd then add that to the total points prize, which is what we all would be striving for anyway.

Just my 2c though, since you asked :)

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The great man @Rowsus will be taking the last spot. Final list below.

1. Doc ron
2. Beijing Sting
3. IDIG
4. Tex
5. randomcliche
6. THCLT
7. Deeman1
8. Darkie
9. Diabolical
10. PC
11. The Experiment
12. KLo30
13. Hasnoshoes
14. Tails
15. Zagbag
16. Bermi
17. Presto
18. Rowsus

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm in, agree with $20 back might as well go into other prizes, and not reward losing Prelims, or consolation finalists.

AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon you could leave out the losing prelim finalists and minors winner (but that's just a personal thing for me as i'm not a fan of rewarding winning the minors). Winning/not winning $20 is not gonna bother anyone too much i don't think.

I'd then add that to the total points prize, which is what we all would be striving for anyway.

Just my 2c though, since you asked :)
Agree with this, think the reward for highest point scorer needs to be higher

AFL Club
Collingwood
O.K i here youse,
$360
$30 to site
$140 G.F winner
$70 Runner up
$120 highest points total round 23.
I agree that the prelim winners don't get any money, but for the sake of keeping some interest to the bottom teams, a $20 collect to the minor G.F. winner wouldn't hurt that much. That will give the tail enders some interest in the comp. Otherwise, it's boring if you are out of the running for prizes half way through the season.
I recommend to take $20 from the highest point total Rd23 winner, that will make it $100 to the winner, and give the tail enders some interest in the comp, even if it's only $20.
That will give 8 players, maybe 10 players, something to keep then interested in the competition to the end. What's so bad about that?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
After some consultation, and thanks to KLo's magical spreadsheet I've decided to open up the comp to more members. IDIG also suggested allowing 1 person to enter more than 1 team. If we can get 36 entries we can play against 2 other teams each week, which would keep interest in the comp for much longer. Also more prizemoney. :) I think with the changes to the comp that have already been made it will a much closer fought affair than last years offering. Will update after I see if there is any more interest.

AFL Club
Brisbane
After some consultation, and thanks to KLo's magical spreadsheet I've decided to open up the comp to more members. IDIG also suggested allowing 1 person to enter more than 1 team. If we can get 36 entries we can play against 2 other teams each week, which would keep interest in the comp for much longer. Also more prizemoney. :) I think with the changes to the comp that have already been made it will a much closer fought affair than last years offering. Will update after I see if there is any more interest.
Would like 3 teams ... seriously. Actually possibly 4. ok - too far, right?

AFL Club
North Melb.
Given you have taken up my suggestion of a round 2 start I am happy to throw my hat in the ring.

As an aside I reckon if you want more participation leaving it open until after round 1 and promoting it before round 2 will probably shake a few more loose. The obsessed amongst us will be suffering with team tampering withdrawals after round 1 and this would provide a positive outlet for that excess energy.

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Would like 3 teams ... seriously. Actually possibly 4. ok - too far, right?
I think doc intends to cap it at either 2 or 3 with priority given to members who haven’t joined yet but I’d be keen for a second and/or third team as well, if available.

I will add a reverse list in due course for those who want extra teams.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I think doc intends to cap it at either 2 or 3 with priority given to members who haven’t joined yet but I’d be keen for a second and/or third team as well, if available.

I will add a reverse list in due course for those who want extra teams.
I would be keen to go on both the reserve and reverse lists :p

I can then pit my mid price madness against my G’n’R teams!

AFL Club
North Melb.
For the record I am not in favour of anybody having more than one team. I think the comp should pit one player’s judgement of the best lock and load team against another’s judgement of the same thing. It should not be my judgement v another’s judgement with a plan B in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.