Competitions Lock & Load Cash Comp 2018

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi everyone, I wish to direct your interest to a new SCS Cash comp. It's a pretty straightforward comp, once your side is selected thats it, no trades nothing else to do apart from sending payment to IDIG of course.

The Nuts and Bolts :

Entry 1 payment up front of $20 made to IDIG ( account details to follow) to be in his account by the close of business on the Tuesday before the first game of the season. $1 of the entry fee goes towards the upkeep of this great site that we are privileged to be part of.

Select 30 players the same as you do in SC under the salary cap. This includes 8 def, 11 mid, 3 ruck and 8 forwards. No need to separate bench players as all players are "Live" .

Nominate a Captain, Vice Captain and Deputy Vice Captain. As in SC your Captain scores Double Points. If he dosent play then your VC scores double and in the event they both go down your DVC scores double. The highest 18 scoring players in your team count towards your total score for the round, regardless of positions, positions only play a part in the selection process after that they dont really matter. So players who have DPP dont have any advantage over other players. Thats it no trading just set and forget.

Teams need to be PMed to me by 6.00 P.M on The day of the first game of the season.

Please submit your team via the following link:

https://goo.gl/forms/WNxt2u3msHfMz7pr2

For those who have not entered any of KLo's comps using google forms its a pretty straightforward process. Just click on the above link, put in your email address, SCS user name and then input your selected players using the drop down menu's.
Once you have finished selecting your players as well as Captain choices hit submit and your team will go on a magical journey through the interweb airwaves and end up with KLo somehow. Thats it nothing else to do except check your teams progress each week on this thread.

Prizemoney breakup will be:

1st- 50% of pool
2ND- 25% of pool
3rd-10 % of pool
Highest Round score of the season 15% of pool.

Really need at least 20 people to make it interesting. Any questions dont hesitate to ask.

So far we have the following people keen:

1. Doc Ron
2.IDIG
3. Presto
4. Darkie
5. Kakarot
6. Rowsus
7. Diabolical
8. Rocketpip
9. Drew
10. THCLT

Account details
Make your $20 payment to the account details below:
Michael To
BSB 193-879
Acc: 486877611
Note these are different account details to previous years.

Include your username as ref, and also post in this thread so i know to expect it.

I will advise doc as payments are received.

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting concept doc, i'm in!

Not sure what will be the best strategy for this yet :confused:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting concept doc, i'm in!

Not sure what will be the best strategy for this yet :confused:
Players that will play every week for a start. :)

Not or so much about the top end players more about depth and scoring capacity of those guys that are in your 12-18 bracket of scorers.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks Doc - sounds interesting, I'm in too.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
thanks Guys, thats 6 so far, hoping for about 20 to make it interesting.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's 9 so far. Enough to make it interesting but a few more would make it more interesting. :)

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
That's 9 so far. Enough to make it interesting but a few more would make it more interesting. :)
...and now there's 10! :)

Thanks for the initiative in organising and giving us another 'out' in case our SC flop during the season.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I hope we get a few more Doc as it should be fun (and frustrating, I’m sure, as our players get injured and there will be nothing we can do!) I better research reliability!

I just wanted to double check I have the rules right in my head before I start thinking about a team - I am sure I am going to need to employ a different tactic to my actual SC team.

So my take is:

Salary cap = $10mil.

Standard SC 8/11/3/8 positions.

Best 18 scores count each week - eg all 3 rucks or 11 mids etc could be in my best 18 if they score well enough.

I think that is the main points I’m taking from the rules if I have interpreted them correctly?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope we get a few more Doc as it should be fun (and frustrating, I’m sure, as our players get injured and there will be nothing we can do!) I better research reliability!

I just wanted to double check I have the rules right in my head before I start thinking about a team - I am sure I am going to need to employ a different tactic to my actual SC team.

So my take is:

Salary cap = $10mil.

Best 18 scores count each week - eg all 3 rucks or 11 mids etc could be in my best 18 if they score well enough.

I think that is the main points I’m taking from the rules if I have interpreted them correctly?
One more clarification: We select C, VC and DVC prior to the first game and remain so till the end.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

So my take is:

Salary cap = $10mil.

Absolutely 100% correct.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
One more clarification: We select C, VC and DVC prior to the first game and remain so till the end.

Correct. It was originally only a captain, but i decided it was just too much of a disadvantage should he come down with an LTI. So hopefully there should never be a week where all three of your chosen ones dont play. So as a bit of advice you might want to have them with different bye weeks. :)

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Correct. It was originally only a captain, but i decided it was just too much of a disadvantage should he come down with an LTI. So hopefully there should never be a week where all three of your chosen ones dont play. So as a bit of advice you might want to have them with different bye weeks. :)
I’m just going to screenshot that, so I can remember to blame you when it happens!!