Competitions Lock & Load Cash Comp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
My suggestion would be to leave it exactly the way it was at last season.

Lock and Load is what the title implies.

Injuries/Suspensions unfortunately happen , and yep it sucks big time when you cop 3-4.

Maybe as coaches we then need to be smarter in our initial starting squad and go for more consistent , durable players.

Suggestions of a supplementary list of players is ok in theory , probably a admin nightmare for Doc Ron to monitor each week.

Being able to use trades is fine but you then have to factor in price rises etc etc.

Don't mind a Round 2 start so we do have better ideas of cheap players to start.

And yes maybe split the comp in halves to maintain interest as well as end of the season.

For all us coaches that had bad luck , there were some that didn't , so why should we penalise their selections.

Lock and load.

Simply if you don't like lock and load , don't join.

Kudos for @doc ron for getting it up and running , trust me there is a massive amount of time in running comps like this.

I guess at the end of the day we need to keep the majority happy.

Just my thoughts

AFL Club
Collingwood
………...For all us coaches that had bad luck , there were some that didn't , so why should we penalise their selections.
Lock and load. Simply if you don't like lock and load , don't join.
Kudos for @doc ron for getting it up and running , trust me there is a massive amount of time in running comps like this.
I guess at the end of the day we need to keep the majority happy.
Just my thoughts
RE: Just my thoughts
Just my thoughts too, the more thoughts the better for Doc Ron.

RE: Kudos for @doc ron for getting it up and running , trust me there is a massive amount of time in running comps like this.
That's why changes must be kept simple but if some changes will improve a comp, why not make them.

RE: Lock and load. Simply if you don't like lock and load , don't join.
I'm probably a minority, but I enjoy playing a competition more then the money. So if I have no chance to win even a minor prize half way through a competition, then that sucks :(.

RE: I guess at the end of the day we need to keep the majority happy.
The more happy to participate, the more money to be won :)

RE: For all us coaches that had bad luck , there were some that didn't , so why should we penalise their selections.
That's right, don't punish the leading Coaches, just give the other Coaches something to play for.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
We could run a concurrent head to head league with finals with the first 18 teams to join. I have a an Excel sheet already set up. Just enter the team names and the fixture is created. Enter the scores and the league ladder updates automatically.

AFL Club
Collingwood
RE: Just my thoughts
Just my thoughts too, the more thoughts the better for Doc Ron.

RE: Kudos for @doc ron for getting it up and running , trust me there is a massive amount of time in running comps like this.
That's why changes must be kept simple but if some changes will improve a comp, why not make them.

RE: Lock and load. Simply if you don't like lock and load , don't join.
I'm probably a minority, but I enjoy playing a competition more then the money. So if I have no chance to win even a minor prize half way through a competition, then that sucks :(.

RE: I guess at the end of the day we need to keep the majority happy.
The more happy to participate, the more money to be won :)

RE: For all us coaches that had bad luck , there were some that didn't , so why should we penalise their selections.
That's right, don't punish the leading Coaches, just give the other Coaches something to play for.
perhaps we just devise our own alternative competitions as per what we want to see and then join as many as we want ?

people need to realise being a participant is a 1,000 times easier than being the admin person each and every week.

we may not fully appreciate & realise how much behind the scenes work goes on each and every week

anyway I will see what the final outcome is then either participate or not

AFL Club
Collingwood
perhaps we just devise our own alternative competitions as per what we want to see and then join as many as we want ?

people need to realise being a participant is a 1,000 times easier than being the admin person each and every week.

we may not fully appreciate & realise how much behind the scenes work goes on each and every week

anyway I will see what the final outcome is then either participate or not
Just giving Doc Ron something to think about!

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m worried people are now panicking that changes are coming just because we are brainstorming ideas! But maybe I’m being sensitive and reading too much into posts?

To make my stance clear, as first stated I am happy to see no changes to the comp from last year. If forced to vote in one change, it would be the Round 2 start idea.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
We could run a concurrent head to head league with finals with the first 18 teams to join. I have a an Excel sheet already set up. Just enter the team names and the fixture is created. Enter the scores and the league ladder updates automatically.
I actually really like this idea. As i have had to give up running the Grand Slam tournaments due to some personal issues, KLo's idea combines the 2 comps sort of.

The changes to the comp from last year I propose are the following

Comp becomes a head to head comp with finals.
Commencement Round 2
Captains Score is the highest of all your players.
Best 16 out of 30 Scores count.

Reasons behind these changes:
Keeps interest alive longer into the season.
Round 2 is usually pretty quiet for SC players so people would have more time to focus on their final teams.
Encourages a few Left Field choices in your line up.
Lessens the impact of injuries as well as making the byes easier to fill a team.

Some will be happy with the changes, some won't but I can't please everyone so a line in the sand has to be drawn. The comp will run with those changes. $20 nentry to the first 17 plus me of course.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
IDIG will post bank details in this thread. Thanks Mike. ;) Klo, if you could put together the same thing you did last season to enable team entry i"d be most grateful.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I actually really like this idea. As i have had to give up running the Grand Slam tournaments due to some personal issues, KLo's idea combines the 2 comps sort of.

The changes to the comp from last year I propose are the following

Commencement Round 2

Reasons behind these changes:
Keeps interest alive longer into the season.
Round 2 is usually pretty quiet for SC players so people would have more time to focus on their final teams.
Encourages a few Left Field choices in your line up.
Lessens the impact of injuries as well as making the byes easier to fill a team.

Some will be happy with the changes, some won't but I can't please everyone so a line in the sand has to be drawn. The comp will run with those changes. $20 nentry to the first 17 plus me of course.
RE: $20 entry to the first 17 plus me of course.
Is that the 1st 17 to nominate intention to play or the 1st 17 to pay?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
RE: $20 entry to the first 17 plus me of course.
Is that the 1st 17 to nominate intention to play or the 1st 17 to pay?
Good question. I would think that those who have nominated get first crack and can let us know whether they are in or out. And then open it up to others.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
And then there were 18.

1. Doc ron
2. Beijing Sting
3. IDIG
4. Tex
5. randomcliche
6. THCLT
7. Deeman1
8. Darkie
9. Diabolical
10. PC
11. The Experiment
12. KLo30
13. Hasnoshoes
14. Tails
15. Zagbag
16. Bermi
17. Presto
18. Rowsus

Account details (same as cash leagues)
Michael To
BSB 193-879
Acc: 486877611
Leave your SCS username as reference and also send me a message to let me know payment is on its way.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Commencement Round 2
$20 entry to the first 17 plus me of course.
Regarding prizes, is it something like:
The top 8 finalist grand final winner gets the most money,
The highest points scoring team after Rd23 gets the second highest prize,
and the 9 to 16 consolation grand final winner gets a minor prize?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Regarding prizes, is it something like:
The top 8 finalist grand final winner gets the most money,
The highest points scoring team after Rd23 gets the second highest prize,
and the 9 to 16 consolation grand final winner gets a minor prize?

HMMM, haven't given the prizemoney side of it much thought. Will come up with something later tonight. maybe:)

Status
Not open for further replies.