Analysis Loophole Analysis - Rookie R3, M11, D8?

Who will you be starting as your captain loophole? (Choose up to 2 if relevant)

• Xerri 123k R/F

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Comben 117k R/F

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Cameron 123k R/F

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Conroy 102k Ruck only

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • O'Connor 102k D/F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Close 110k M/F

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Mahoney 117k M/F

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • B.Williams 123k D/R

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • J Rivers 117 D/M

• Other (please post who)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Dragons

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Of course you can , if you know your ruck is going to miss before the round starts , that's pretty obvious

My point is more relating to if Richmond has already played and your R1 or R2 is a late out , you can't swap Nyuon & Williams
Yeah fair enough. Might not be worth the potential lost points from loopholing then.
Thanks

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah fair enough. Might not be worth the potential lost points from loopholing then.
Thanks
Most will probably run a donut at R3 anyway so if you think the Nyuon & Williams loop is advantageous for your team go it.

Some will say if a rookie playing ruck is selected at R3 then select them.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Although this analysis will probably prove meaningless if (as expected) the 2020 fixture is modified, I was wondering how useful Budarick and Mahony might be for rookie loopholes in the event neither are named in R1 and we need one as an M11 donut.

1584173527633.png

1584173556792.png

If things go ahead as they currently are, Mahony will have the better loophole draw, especially as he can allow quite a few Green loopholes. However, assuming Budarick at worst comes in after R6, Budarick can do the job as well as his loophole draw for the first six rounds isn't too bad. As set out in the first post, captain loophole wise North have a better draw.

I think Budarick is more likely to get a more permanent spot so he's probably my pick for M11 if not named (I think he'll play anyway in R1).

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
If this first round goes ahead, it does open the possibility for some creative FDTP/DTP working on the idea that we may get just one round and then a massive break.

Some example from my own club, Firstly you could pick Micth Hibberd which most of us know about. But getting more creative you have two not quite premiums in Dyson Heppell and Cale Hooker won't play this week, however if we have then have say a 6 week break, these players should be available once the break is over. So if you put the E on someone early this round and they get a massive score, perhaps picking an injured premium player, like Adam Treloar, as another example, could be a creative option...

AFL Club
Adelaide
If this first round goes ahead, it does open the possibility for some creative FDTP/DTP working on the idea that we may get just one round and then a massive break.

Some example from my own club, Firstly you could pick Micth Hibberd which most of us know about. But getting more creative you have two not quite premiums in Dyson Heppell and Cale Hooker won't play this week, however if we have then have say a 6 week break, these players should be available once the break is over. So if you put the E on someone early this round and they get a massive score, perhaps picking an injured premium player, like Adam Treloar, as another example, could be a creative option...
It doesn’t look like we will get that quick break though. No government prescribed shut down for the short term.