Discussion Member Introductions and SCS Name/Avatar Meaning!

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The things you stumble upon on a ‘no fantasy’ day when you have a day off work!

This thread has been a great read over the years to hear more about the person behind the pseudonym and avatar.

I see it has been almost a year since someone has “introduced” themselves. We have had a number of new members over that time so thought I would give it a little bump before the footy season starts.

Hi all.
Have been a member for a couple of years now but more recently have become more active getting involved in all the Fantasy sports leagues here.
I've found this site to be a wealth of information with quality people and coaches. All have been very welcoming .
I've been actively playing Fantasy for I recon close to 15 years . I'm a tragic who loves playing all the formats especially AFL.
I have met so many fantastic people during this time. Great people.
I love the League aspect of Fantasy sports and have been involved in many successful ones. Looking forward to spending more time on this forum and hopefully winning a format one year soon , lol.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only stumbled across this forum when looking for an NBA league to join this year by pure chance from a google search.

Bit of a sports fanatic and love my AFL, BBL and NBA in particular. Get a lot of enjoyment from the statistics / strategies etc behind each of them and have been playing the AFL related ones in particular for quite a while now.

Also remember checking the newspaper for AFL DT results as someone else posted and using player codes to make trades … wow how things have changed since then.

Got to say I think for general interactive banter, information, insights etc it's the best site I've found. Sure I peruse plenty of others but don't post in them as they have a lack of BBL and NBA activity to be worthwhile.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Only stumbled across this forum when looking for an NBA league to join this year by pure chance from a google search.

Bit of a sports fanatic and love my AFL, BBL and NBA in particular. Get a lot of enjoyment from the statistics / strategies etc behind each of them and have been playing the AFL related ones in particular for quite a while now.

Also remember checking the newspaper for AFL DT results as someone else posted and using player codes to make trades … wow how things have changed since then.

Got to say I think for general interactive banter, information, insights etc it's the best site I've found. Sure I peruse plenty of others but don't post in them as they have a lack of BBL and NBA activity to be worthwhile.
Welcome, that's a lot of posts in 25 days!

AFL Club
Adelaide
Without Tails our NBA leagues wouldn't be as high placed as they are. A great addition and a hearty welcome.
I'm an avid NBA fan. I'm in H2H Points leagues on ESPN. I'd be interested in a SCS league next year, but not sure how they operate. Is it like a supercoach format and not draft style like on ESPN?

PS: I may have asked a similar question not long ago.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Unlike mine, he’s are full of quality! :ROFLMAO:

As KLo said he has taken the NBA section of our forum to another level. Great addition and very heart warming for me in particular that he found us googling.
That's great. :)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm an avid NBA fan. I'm in H2H Points leagues on ESPN. I'd be interested in a SCS league next year, but not sure how they operate. Is it like a supercoach format and not draft style like on ESPN?

Just the standard RDT format (pick a starting team) with three trades available each week.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

Our SCS leagues are RDT leagues, so you pick who you like.

I'd say, without any consulting, that we will try and have a draft league (or two) to coincide with our RDT leagues next season.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi
I am a male who is 15 ( probably youngest member currently)
I live in Perth
All of my friends are complete donkeys and won’t do any fantasy games with me so it has been great to talk to people with culture who do SC
I’m new to SC AFL but in the past I have done the official AFL fantasy
Im in the middle of my second SC BBL season
In my first season I finished about 600th This season I’m about 25,000th
SCS has been apart of my daily routine
I hope one day I will become a member of the leadership group

AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi
I am a male who is 15 ( probably youngest member currently)
I live in Perth
All of my friends are complete donkeys and won’t do any fantasy games with me so it has been great to talk to people with culture who do SC
I’m new to SC AFL but in the past I have done the official AFL fantasy
Im in the middle of my second SC BBL season
In my first season I finished about 600th This season I’m about 25,000th
SCS has been apart of my daily routine
I hope one day I will become a member of the leadership group
Welcome mate!

The more Freo fans around here the better I reckon :cool:

AFL Club
Fremantle
Gday all, I’ve been frequenting these parts since 2012 but I’m not sure I’ve ever really ‘introduced’ myself. I thought as I donate a small sum of money to some people’s bank accounts each year through my ineptitude at being able to make rational and considered SC decisions, I thought it might be time to officially introduce myself.

My name is Mike, I’m a 30 something from Perth, happily married with a 2.5 year old daughter and a keen freo fan. I work in HSE (health, safety and environment) and started out my fantasy career as a dreamteamer, but discovered SuperCoach about the time I discovered this great site and it’s been my guiding light ever since.

I’m a risk taker and stupidly enough think I know better than the masses which is why my teams mostly flop....I’m amazed and impressed by the commitment some members put in and truly thankful for their time. I love fantasy and love this community and am grateful for the effort the administrators put in to making it such a great place.

All the best for another great season and may one of the SCS member bring home the bikkies.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have often wondered why you, SCS Members, chose your Avatar and your Name. I thought it might be interesting to share it at this time.

I'll start off.

My SCS name:
I use Bermi because I wanted a name that is associated with me. Bermi is a slang word often used locally around where I live, in Bermagui, NSW. One of my mates calls me Bermi Boy, (not keen on the 'Boy' bit), so I thought Bermi would be an appropriate name. Oh, I like it as well :).

My SCS Avatar:
Being a Collingwood supporter for many decades, and SuperCoach is about football, so it seemed suitable to have a Magpie as an Avatar. The Magpie I chose is taken from one of my paintings. Besides liking the composition, I liked that image because the Magpie is not on a traditional tree branch, but walking along a weather vane.

I hope others will share their reasons for choosing their Avatar and Name.

If you want to include your Team Name, that it ok too.
My Team Name is a bit boring, Bermi Bruisers, I choose 'Bruisers' only because it sounds aggressive and starts with a 'B' word.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My SCS name:
I use Tails as it was one of my nicknames ... so pretty simple.

My SCS Avatar:
My avatar is a character from a Sega video game I used to play by the same namesake .... the following is just for humour ...

- Miles Prower, better known by his nickname Tails, is an intelligent 8 year old male two-tailed fox, with an IQ of 290 that is Sonic's best friend and deuteragonist sidekick.

- His name is a pun on "miles per hour". He is able to use his two tails to propel himself into the air like a helicopter for a limited time.

- When in flight, he can move at incredible speeds, reaching that of 768 Mph, and can even go fast enough to keep up with Sonic.

My Team Name:
My team name of "TailsPower" is a simple combo of one of my nicknames and the team I support in the AFL .... so also pretty simple.

AFL Club
Collingwood
My SCS name:
I use Tails as it was one of my nicknames ... so pretty simple.

My SCS Avatar:
My avatar is a character from a Sega video game I used to play by the same namesake .... the following is just for humour ...

- Miles Prower, better known by his nickname Tails, is an intelligent 8 year old male two-tailed fox, with an IQ of 290 that is Sonic's best friend and deuteragonist sidekick.

- His name is a pun on "miles per hour". He is able to use his two tails to propel himself into the air like a helicopter for a limited time.

- When in flight, he can move at incredible speeds, reaching that of 768 Mph, and can even go fast enough to keep up with Sonic.

My Team Name:
My team name of "TailsPower" is a simple combo of one of my nicknames and the team I support in the AFL .... so also pretty simple.
May I ask how did you get the nickname 'Tails'?

Last edited: