Discussion Member Introductions and SCS Name/Avatar Meaning!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
My user name, Ironhawk comes from two sporting teams I support - Hawthorn Hawks in AFL obviously, and an English non-league team called Braintree Town (nickname "The Iron"). My logo is also a combo of the two - the Hawthorn logo on an orange background, orange being the main colour of Braintree's kit.

Almost a decade ago now I decided to pick an English non-league soccer team to support and to decide placed a few small bets on various teams at lower levels at random - Braintree were in the 6th tier at the time (they still are assuming they avoid relegation, they were in the relegation zone prior to the season suspension) and their match was my only bet that got up.

My team name this year is Best and Ferrous - this is just a pun on Best and Fairest and Ferrous relating to the Iron part of my username.

Sidenote: I know someone mentioned The Prodigy in the music topic (I think it was @Ben's Beasts ), they are a local Braintree band and the club installed a Keith Flint mural at the ground after he passed away last year. They also walk onto the pitch at all their matches to Firestarter. Not the best shot of it, but you can see the mural below.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
SCS NAME: Tamuhawk

My name is Tam. The hawk is for Hawthorn obviously. The u connects the two lol. Pretty simple.

Avatar: My current/new avatar is just the name Tamuhawk.

However if anyone can recall my old avatar was a caricature of a of a guy from a Korean Varierty TV show called "Running Man" named "Kim Jong Kook" who is a also a singer. The show is one of the funniest things I have ever watched and one of my faves. Basic description is korean celebs playing a bunch of mini games to earn points for their team to earn advantages for a final epic game (used to be a nametag hide and seek sort of thing. Winners normally receive a prize and losers get punished) Sounds kinda childish but it's always good for a laugh. They've travelled to many countries including Australia to film a few episodes in Queensland and Melbourne/Soverign Hill.

Notable celebs:
Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg and Henry Cahill have appeared for a Mission Impossible episode.

Ryan Reynolds have also appeared on the show due to his Netflix movie. He was very suited to this show not Ethan the mission impossible guys.

The show debuted in 2010 and up until now has run every week and has only ever missed one week due to an Olympics. Episode count is 496.

AFL Club
Collingwood
SCS NAME: Tamuhawk

My name is Tam. The hawk is for Hawthorn obviously. The u connects the two lol. Pretty simple.

Avatar: My current/new avatar is just the name Tamuhawk.

However if anyone can recall my old avatar was a caricature of a of a guy from a Korean Varierty TV show called "Running Man" named "Kim Jong Kook" who is a also a singer. The show is one of the funniest things I have ever watched and one of my faves. Basic description is korean celebs playing a bunch of mini games to earn points for their team to earn advantages for a final epic game (used to be a nametag hide and seek sort of thing. Winners normally receive a prize and losers get punished) Sounds kinda childish but it's always good for a laugh. They've travelled to many countries including Australia to film a few episodes in Queensland and Melbourne/Soverign Hill.

Notable celebs:
Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg and Henry Cahill have appeared for a Mission Impossible episode.

Ryan Reynolds have also appeared on the show due to his Netflix movie. He was very suited to this show not Ethan the mission impossible guys.

The show debuted in 2010 and up until now has run every week and has only ever missed one week due to an Olympics. Episode count is 496.
Did you design your Avatar, as it looks good?

AFL Club
Collingwood
My user name, Ironhawk comes from two sporting teams I support - Hawthorn Hawks in AFL obviously, and an English non-league team called Braintree Town (nickname "The Iron"). My logo is also a combo of the two - the Hawthorn logo on an orange background, orange being the main colour of Braintree's kit.

Almost a decade ago now I decided to pick an English non-league soccer team to support and to decide placed a few small bets on various teams at lower levels at random - Braintree were in the 6th tier at the time (they still are assuming they avoid relegation, they were in the relegation zone prior to the season suspension) and their match was my only bet that got up.

My team name this year is Best and Ferrous - this is just a pun on Best and Fairest and Ferrous relating to the Iron part of my username.

Sidenote: I know someone mentioned The Prodigy in the music topic (I think it was @Ben's Beasts ), they are a local Braintree band and the club installed a Keith Flint mural at the ground after he passed away last year. They also walk onto the pitch at all their matches to Firestarter. Not the best shot of it, but you can see the mural below.

Regarding ".............a local Braintree band and the club installed a Keith Flint mural at the ground after he passed away last year. They also walk onto the pitch at all their matches to Firestarter......"
So walking past Keith Flint's mural to his 'Firestarters' song a coincidence, or a clever decision? Either way, I like it.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
SCS Username : doc ron
when I was alot younger my go to drink was a bacardi and coke, the inventor of bacardi was a Dr Ron Bacardi. Hence when out drinking I would get asked if I wanted a doctor ron. So i tend to use that as an internet alias.

My current avatar is just a picture of me that I currently use for a couple of dating sites. :oops:

Team name Ron's Badboys
just my username and something that sounded tough.

AFL Club
Collingwood
:
SCS Name: FirstTimer

I didn't have a name when i first joined , and was going to use my nickname given to me at work (back in the day ) The Wee Dog / mongrel , at work we had a big dude named big dog cos he was a bit of a mongrel and then me i'm fairly short so they thought i was the same and called me the Wee Dog. (all in fun of course )
But didn't use that and it was my First Time doing SC so FirstTimer it was , i should change it to just FT or something as it's not my first time anymore , not that you can tell from my scoring sometimes but haven't worked out how yet.

This was the original magpie i remember at Victoria Park on the front of the ground , we had 5 reserve seats for donkey years in the Collingwood members and drove from East Gippsland every Saturday to watch the pies

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
SCS Name
My current boss convinced me to ply my trade at AFL SC in 2013 to fill a void in his 'family' league. After a couple of barren years of SC'ing (just winging it on my own) I decided to take a more serious approach and went on the internet in search of anything to help improve my SC game/play. I stumbled upon this site in September 2014 and have never looked back since. My first 'assisted' SC year in 2015 returned an overall ranking of 1,033 which to this day is my highest ever ranking. In that same year, @Goodie's Guns persuaded me to play BBL fantasy and the rest is history!
Family has and always will be the epicentre of my being. I'm now closer to 50 than 40, happily married for 17 years and we've been blessed with 3 beautiful daughters aged 14, 12 & 9. It should be of no surprise then that when I deliberated on my SCS alias name that I went with THCLT which denotes the first letter of each names in our family.
Thanh
Hang
Claire
Loretta
Theodora

SCS Avatar
People outside these forums knows me as FLYING HORSES which is my adopted team name across all sporting fantasy platforms since I first registered for a team. The naming process was pretty simple, my wife was born in the year of the horse and I wanted to preface that with some 'special' powers. To this day, she has been the main beneficiary of all my success claiming part share of the naming rights.

Prior to 2017, I cycled through a number of different avatars, mostly depicting my life's passion, hobby or a significant milestone for a certain Kangaroos player or two (see examples below).

profile.jpg avatar.jpg bonsai.jpg SCS2.jpg 3dp logo.jpg BH427 logo.jpg
During the 2017 season, I was inspired to create my own unique avatar (not sure of the reasoning behind it). I did a quick google search on 'flying horse logo' and was surprised to see so many options. I selected a logo which I liked and with the aid of WordArt, added the F (reversed) and H, to create my current avatar.
1585798570699.png

AFL Club
Adelaide
SCS Username : doc ron
when I was alot younger my go to drink was a bacardi and coke, the inventor of bacardi was a Dr Ron Bacardi. Hence when out drinking I would get asked if I wanted a doctor ron. So i tend to use that as an internet alias.

My current avatar is just a picture of me that I currently use for a couple of dating sites. :oops:

Team name Ron's Badboys
just my username and something that sounded tough.
With a head like that Ron I bet your knocking the girls away with a stick on your various dating sites :)

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Some brilliant stories so I'll join in
SCS name The first and only time I've used this name was for my BBL08 team name. I just made it up because I'm young and modestly I admit I'm a gun at SC
SCS avatar I was a massive fan of the Giants in the early days since I love an underdog story. I even went to their first semi final in 2016 vs the Western Bulldogs. Though in a weird way as their success has grown I've only watched 2-3 games since then including last years grand final.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
With a head like that Ron I bet your knocking the girls away with a stick on your various dating sites :)
With my walking stick maybe. :eek:

The only replies I seem to get are from the older ladies who to be honest have their best days behind them. :( A bit shallow on my part but I'm nothing if not honest. My ex was 7 years younger than me so I don't really wan't to go backwards. :p

AFL Club
West Coast
so apparently i joined this site in 2012 when my mates first wanted me play SC! i had no idea what Sipercoach was and truly sucked that year. and perhaps i am still rubbish at this game lol. cant believe its been that long. wow. best ever finish was ~4k, but hey i have fun.

Live in Perth with wife and 3 kids, love all forms of sport and i'm very active. fishing is my favorite pastime (sacrilege i know on this site!) and SC is right up there. suddenly im middle aged tho and team sports has passed me by as i kept doing calf muscles or hammies, so nowadays i mostly run or gym. Love SC'ing in my spare time, although there's less and less of that now with a full on middle management job at a large mining company and 3 kids.

Lavenderbandit internet name i use for quite a few things. comes from when i was like early 20s and went to a house party that had an Op Shop theme. somehow found this full 3 piece suit combo, lavender in colour, and matching lavender hat! did some dumb drunk stuff that night, someone called me the Lavender Bandit and even now whenever I am getting a little sloppy my mates still call me that name.

Eagles supporter and have been for life ever since my dad had us watching their first season.

Best SC moments
- few years back came i think 18th in a round, pretty happy with that.
- Favourite season was a few years back. in round 1, when half my rookies were placeholders, my daughter managed to snap her arm on the Saturday morning, and i mean real bad break up near the shoulder falling off the good old monkey bars. spend the night in hospital and I wasn;t obviously even worried about SC. anyway checked my team later that week and was like 130,000th. almost threw in the towel and gave up. but it was the most fun cos it was a challenge, came out of the byes at like 11,000th! ran out of trades with a few rounds left and ended up around 30k, but that was the most fun season i had.
- Starting the No Trades Left Club thread in 2018 lol (not the same year as above however!)

hope everyone is keeping safe!

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
SCS Name:
Diabolical has morphed from my first fantasy football team I had when I had to send my team in to The Age and phone in for scores each week. That team was Diabolic A.L. - with A.L. being my initials and diabolic a prediction of expectations! Since then I have kept Diabolical as part of all fantasy team names.

SCS Avatar:
Initially my avatar was a black and white photo of Kevin Walsh, who some referred to as Sheedy’s pet. I always saw him as a player who put the team before himself week after week. I felt that he resembled myself as I was fortunate to play in champion sides in many sports despite only being an “average” player. I always saw it as my job to keep the good players around me pumped up - keep telling them how good they are - and somehow I could stay positive even when the going got tough. Let’s just focus on the next goal and turn this around!

The first grand final I went to as a 13yo was in 1984 where I saw my beloved Bombers steam home in the last quarter to overrun Hawthorn. I also saw Dipper KO Walsh with an elbow to the head when Essendon hit the front. I have never forgiven Hawthorn since, and still smirk at the fact that Dipper won a Brownlow for best and FAIREST!!

The optical illusion I use now just resembles my love for illusions and magic in general. I love trying to work out how things are done. I like how the illusion brings a 3D element to a 2D picture. I tried to make it a red and black image after I first found it on the internet, but I couldn’t work out how to do it at the time and keep the effect working. I would certainly welcome someone with better computer graphics skills than I at editing pictures working it out for me!

Team Name:
Diabolical Rabble because that is usually how it ends up!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I tried to make it a red and black image after I first found it on the internet, but I couldn’t work out how to do it at the time and keep the effect working. I would certainly welcome someone with better computer graphics skills than I at editing pictures working it out for me!
I've tried through MS Paint but don't think it's up to the standard that you would want.

Maybe @Tamuhawk graphic designer mate can point you in the right direction.

AFL Club
Collingwood
SCS Avatar:
.......The optical illusion I use now just resembles my love for illusions and magic in general........I tried to make it a red and black image ........ I would certainly welcome someone .............working it out for me!
Changing the white to red reduces the contrast, but if you are happy with the Red and Black Avatar, then you are welcome to use it.

Illusion red.jpg

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Changing the white to red reduces the contrast, but if you are happy with the Red and Black Avatar, then you are welcome to use it.

View attachment 16834
Thanks Legend!

EDIT: Lol. I just realised the irony of a Collingwood supporter helping to me ”fix” the black and white image Issue! Thanks @Bermi it just proves that you are a true gentleman!

Last edited: