Membership thoughts

Beijing_Sting

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane
Hhhhmmm. Interested in thoughts about this.

My club (The Lions) sent me an email telling me that my annual global membership is ready for autopay. I looked at the invoice. It's a 'Loyal Lion Upfront' membership for 195 dollars.

The thing is I don't feel like they've offered me a very good deal considering my 'loyalty'. So, I am toying with the idea to repay them for their awesome offer, by looking elsewhere. So initially I have removed the autopay option (actually was a bit tricky to do), and am now shopping around. I am such a QLD'er - no loyalty at all, hey?

Anyway, seems like a couple of other clubs are offering 160 dollar global package. From memory, think it is the pies and the crows. Then another couple are offering 165 package. I'm seriously thinking of jumping aboard the teal express. Not only is it 30 dollars cheaper, but they haven't insulted me (yet) by giving me a 'loyalty' gift, and they offer 10 per cent off of functions - one of which I am going to as it is the only AFL match this side of Cairns is in China.

I toyed briefly with the suns package to keep it Qld as last year it cheap, but they seem to have bumped the price... and you know ... Suns.

So, go the Teal? Or am I missing the very essence of what it is like to be a supporter of an AFL team?

Thoughts?

jaca

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Sydney
Is this for access to the games? Surely there is a non-affiliated option?

My only advice would be to write to them ans state your intentions. Most companies have some discounts to hand out.

Beijing_Sting

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane

My only advice would be to write to them and state your intentions. Most companies have some discounts to hand out.
yes... the cost for next season from the site itself is... $189( https://www.watchafl.com.au/#). Not sure if writing to them will succeed. I have sent a whiny styled email to the Lions though. But at this stage, looks like I am on the Power wagon next year. Who'd 'ave thunk?

Beijing_Sting

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane

My only advice would be to write to them and state your intentions. Most companies have some discounts to hand out.
They recommend I choose the Power global and then support the Lions by paying for a distant membership for 65 dollars.

Just the heart of the email rewarding me for being a 'Loyal Lion' by auto-removing 30 dollars more than some other clubs has me dissatisfied.

Paying Port this evening when I come home from work... I daresay the Lions might win a premiership, but not with that attitude. Lucky I look good in Teal.