Position Midfielder Discussion

Who are your likely 3 starters post Marsh 1...?

• Macrae

Votes: 74 69.2%
  • Neale

Votes: 57 53.3%
  • Fyfe

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Kelly

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Cripps

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • Dunkley

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Titch

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Danger

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Bont

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Oliver

Votes: 35 32.7%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
Does Marlion Pickett being an obvious choice, with 67% uptake at the minute mean that it's worth going a 4 prem midfield and taking a risk with another mid being able to be used on field as opposed to going a 3 rookie midfield (Rowell, XX, Pickett)?

Means you get to gamble another top line mid on field vs playing a lesser rookie on field in the forwards or defense till upgrade time.

Need the right forward or defensive prem obviously to make up for the loss of points by only going 4 prem mids, but I think this could work as you should have an extra mid rookie with greater cash generation with the point differential being minimal.

I'm terrible at maths and this game, but I try to think laterally ....

AFL Club
Richmond
Does Marlion Pickett being an obvious choice, with 67% uptake at the minute mean that it's worth going a 4 prem midfield and taking a risk with another mid being able to be used on field as opposed to going a 3 rookie midfield (Rowell, XX, Pickett)?

Means you get to gamble another top line mid on field vs playing a lesser rookie on field in the forwards or defense till upgrade time.

Need the right forward or defensive prem obviously to make up for the loss of points by only going 4 prem mids, but I think this could work as you should have an extra mid rookie with greater cash generation with the point differential being minimal.

ATS the Fwd rookies are looking more abundant but their scoring is a bit more suss, plus the Fwd premos are very thin. Def rookies for me are looking thin with quite a few question marks over the Def premos. The Mid premos for me, are looking the safest bet by a long shot. I guess you have to ask yourself the question, if I drop my M5 who the hell am I going to get in Def/Fwd that will get within 10 pts? Considering that 10 pts is the likely difference in output from the rookie.

AFL Club
Essendon
ATS the Fwd rookies are looking more abundant but their scoring is a bit more suss, plus the Fwd premos are very thin. Def rookies for me are looking thin with quite a few question marks over the Def premos. The Mid premos for me, are looking the safest bet by a long shot. I guess you have to ask yourself the question, if I drop my M5 who the hell am I going to get in Def/Fwd that will get within 10 pts? Considering that 10 pts is the likely difference in output from the rookie.
It's allowed me to move from Milera at D3 up to Caleb Daniel, who could hopefully go 100. If this happens it Dylan Stephens vs most D6 or F6.

Assuming F6 is Rankine, it's Stephens vs Gould or ...

AFL Club
West Coast

Or in the case of midfielders you like thinking "outside the square":ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
West Coast
Greatly appreciate thoughts on D Hannebery as a M5/M6 selection.
Actually have him at M5 in the latest team version. Went well in the St K club intra game. His fitness will always be the query but if you got 5 or 6 games from the start at 100 that would be a win and as soon as he goes sore or drops off the you unload him and upgrade to a premium mid. He needs to get to Rd 1 first however...

AFL Club
Richmond
Actually have him at M5 in the latest team version. Went well in the St K club intra game. His fitness will always be the query but if you got 5 or 6 games from the start at 100 that would be a win and as soon as he goes sore or drops off the you unload him and upgrade to a premium mid. He needs to get to Rd 1 first however...
For example he would need to average 102 to make any worthwhile money (priced at 77 equates to a 25 point price rise).

Here are his supercoach averages, you would have to go back to 2016 that is 4 years ago.
1581628044400.png
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pu-st-kilda-saints--daniel-hannebery

AFL Club
Collingwood
Greatly appreciate thoughts on D Hannebery as a M5/M6 selection.
Cheaper than Docherty as well , similar output ? , I guess those starting Docherty are hoping he is a season long keeper.

By starting Hanners at M5 , where does the extra $ 170k saved from eg Oliver go ? or the extra $ 200k from eg Danger/Bont go ?

Could get a Lynch/Smith to a premium forward or a risky Doedee/Roberton to a premium defender.

Depends how long you would hold Hanners for if he gets to his Bye Ave say 95 ish be a win , always seems to be a fallen premium around $ 500-525 k at bye time , think last year was Crouch , Sloane , Treloar

AFL Club
West Coast
Cheaper than Docherty as well , similar output ? , I guess those starting Docherty are hoping he is a season long keeper.

By starting Hanners at M5 , where does the extra $ 170k saved from eg Oliver go ? or the extra $ 200k from eg Danger/Bont go ?

Could get a Lynch/Smith to a premium forward or a risky Doedee/Roberton to a premium defender.

Depends how long you would hold Hanners for if he gets to his Bye Ave say 95 ish be a win , always seems to be a fallen premium around $ 500-525 k at bye time , think last year was Crouch , Sloane , Treloar
That is the key. If you give up Danger then you lose 15pts (if you think Hanners can go 100). But then if you can change a rookie 65 pt ave to someone that can score 80 or 90pts then you might be getting an advantage. Injuries and structure also to be considered but it might be worth it is some situations.

AFL Club
Collingwood
That is the key. If you give up Danger then you lose 15pts (if you think Hanners can go 100). But then if you can change a rookie 65 pt ave to someone that can score 80 or 90pts then you might be getting an advantage. Injuries and structure also to be considered but it might be worth it is some situations.
I actually didn't think the other way.

A iffy Cockatoo or unknown Rankine + $ 200k gets you someone like Smith , so Danger 115 + Cocky/Rankine 65 (?) v Hanners 100 + Smith 90+

Assuming Hill & Young are locks it could mean getting a Williamson/Starcevich/Brander/McLennan up to a Doedee or Roberton.

Certainly worth consideration depending on his Marsh form.

Interesting