Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Libba $300k

Votes: 46 30.7%
  • Walsh $207k

Votes: 104 69.3%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't trade out Grundy, Gawn or Heeney. You picked them as keepers, so unless they get a long term injury you have to back them in to score at keeper levels.
Well in that case i will have no chance of getting ever of Sheed and Worpal .

BlueNwhiteHoops

AFL Club
Geelong
I just don't know what to make of Sheed.
He might be a better pick than Rocky but I just can't back in a guy who's scoring history is so short and minus a good player in Gaff.
I know little to nothing about West Coast and whether or not Gaff is likely to impact Sheeds new role. Or whether increasing fitness for Yeo will slow his output eventually and I suspect people with a clue to all this are keeping their cards very close to their chest.

He might be a better pick than Rocky but I just can't back in a guy who's scoring history is so short and minus a good player in Gaff.
I know little to nothing about West Coast and whether or not Gaff is likely to impact Sheeds new role. Or whether increasing fitness for Yeo will slow his output eventually and I suspect people with a clue to all this are keeping their cards very close to their chest.
I don’t think anyone knows. Gaff played in the JLT and Sheed scored well, but then the other mids didn’t look too interested. With the small sample it’s really a guess.

Leroy

100 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
I don’t think anyone knows. Gaff played in the JLT and Sheed scored well, but then the other mids didn’t look too interested. With the small sample it’s really a guess.
My pick is that he burns brightly for a few weeks then tapers away to 85-90 average for the remainder of the season.
Even though he racks up the touches, I don't think coaches rate him as particularly damaging (Jake Lloyd anybody?) so there's points to get as long as his form/hunger is red hot.
I started him and hope to trade him out after 6-7 weeks to a mid super premo after banking a good price rise.

BlueNwhiteHoops

AFL Club
Geelong
My pick is that he burns brightly for a few weeks then tapers away to 85-90 average for the remainder of the season.
Even though he racks up the touches, I don't think coaches rate him as particularly damaging (Jake Lloyd anybody?) so there's points to get as long as his form/hunger is red hot.
I started him and hope to trade him out after 6-7 weeks to a mid super premo after banking a good price rise.
Hmm, im not so sure he tapers off if he can keep up a 110 average over the next 6 or so weeks, that score of his was in a huge loss as well.
No1 will tag him over Shuey/Hurn either. 144 in a loss with only 3 tackles (he doesn't seem to tackle) is pretty amazing and shows Rocky like ball finding ability. I'm watching him very closely. The coach deciding that he doesn't rate his impact and changing his role would be a concern but if he goes big again this week he may be the real deal.

anfa18

Vice Captain
AFL Club
North Melb.
Hmm, im not so sure he tapers off if he can keep up a 110 average over the next 6 or so weeks, that score of his was in a huge loss as well.
No1 will tag him over Shuey/Hurn either. 144 in a loss with only 3 tackles (he doesn't seem to tackle) is pretty amazing and shows Rocky like ball finding ability. I'm watching him very closely. The coach deciding that he doesn't rate his impact and changing his role would be a concern but if he goes big again this week he may be the real deal.
I noted this in the Round 2 trades thread on Tuesday night.

Regarding Dom Sheed via after game interview with Adam Simpson.

Q: Dom Sheed had 38 tonight, how's his summer been and do you feel he's sorta ready to really step up to that (unclear word)?

A: I think he's already in a pretty good space, i'll have to watch the vision of what he did off the ball but to get that much of the ball is fantastic for us but we didn't win so it doesn't matter.
Personally i don't think Simpson rates Sheed's work rate or possibly defensive work.

Spiny Norman

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Every chance this is being discussed elsewhere but what’s everyone’s take on Oliver?
Obviously it’s early days but 3 out of 4 scores under 95 is concerning.
Looking at raw numbers vs last yr and his disp and clearances are up but his DE, score involvement and tackles are down.
Not sure there’s much to draw from this as it’s early days, but interested in people’s thoughts.

Thinking it could just be a pie distribution factor given his three low scores were off the back of the dees being on the low side of the 3300 ledger.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Every chance this is being discussed elsewhere but what’s everyone’s take on Oliver?
Looking at raw numbers vs last yr and his disp and clearances are up but his DE, score involvement and tackles are down.
Not sure there’s much to draw from this as it’s early days, but interested in people’s thoughts.

Thinking it could just be a pie distribution factor given his three low scores were off the back of the dees being on the low side of the 3300 ledger.
does his double shoulder operation affect/limit his ability to tackle ?

Santoz

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Jacob Hopper anyone?

Taranto was under close examination from many here as a breakout candidate (and is probably still on track to do so) but what about the start of the year for this guy?

Nathan

Best and Fairest

I think he’ll still be a top 8 mid overall..if I didn’t have him I’d be getting him in.

Watching him he’s had a lot of long bombs straight to opposition or out of bounds. That is a skill factor but a bit of bad luck too. A long bomb from a clearance shouldn’t be marked uncontested by the opposition.

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon

Likely to be my first upgrade. I think he’s just had a few lower scores earlier than better scores. Still think he’ll average 110, hoping he doesn’t smash out a 140 this round as I could be looking at him as early as next round!

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think Melbourne’s average score is down from c. 105 to 80, so there may be fewer scores to be involved in.

Personally I didn’t pick him because of his shoulders - potential impact on tackling, and apparently he did a heap of swimming last preseason (which he couldn’t do this year) with good effect on his fitness. Could well be a pure coincidence, but that was my rationale.

Leroy

100 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.

I started Oliver but moved him on after R1. He had looked fine in JLT but when the real stuff started he (and most of his team) looked slow and sluggish. He appeared to be working hard as he always does but was rushed in disposal or a step behind and seemingly much more taggable as a result.

Still has a great footy brain, gets in the right spots and wins a heap of ball but with Melbourne being off the boil, quick handballs and kicks forward to no-one in particular don't score real well in SC.

Will look to trade back in for sure when/if he looks right again.

BlueNwhiteHoops

AFL Club
Geelong
3 tackles a game is 12 points right? don't know how much he is losing by scoreboard impact or goal assists with Melbourne starting the year roughly but where is he going to make up these points? the scoreboard stuff might sort itself out when Melbourne start winning games/playing better/ kicking higher scores, equalling more scoring chains to be involved in but that tackle count may not lift because of the shoulders.

I have him at the lower end of my midfield upgrade list behind Macrae, Bont, Merret and GWS boys. with only 2 spots to fill.

Last edited:

GrainFedBeef

400 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
3 tackles a game is 12 points right? don't know how much he is losing by scoreboard impact or goal assists with Melbourne starting the year roughly but where is he going to make up these points? the scoreboard stuff might sort itself out when Melbourne start winning games/playing better/ kicking higher scores equally more scoring chains to be involved in but that tackle count may not lift because of the shoulders.

I have him at the lower end of my midfield upgrade list behind Macrae, Bont, Merret and GWS boys. with only 2 spots to fill.
3 tackles only worth 12 if effective.

Upside will come from DE.

His DT/SC ratio was 0.8 on the weekend, probably ran 1.1 last year. Still contested beast, just needs to use ball better. Score was solid given attention.

May take Melb lifting their game or maybe his fitness. If he can lift from 98 to 105 ave he will be an ok m8.

3 tackles only worth 12 if effective.

Upside will come from DE.

His DT/SC ratio was 0.8 on the weekend, probably ran 1.1 last year. Still contested beast, just needs to use ball better. Score was solid given attention.

May take Melb lifting their game or maybe his fitness. If he can lift from 98 to 105 ave he will be an ok m8.
110-115 from here is very achievable from him. When you look in to his stats, if his DE was better and Melbourne were better he could be on a 110 average right now.

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
3 tackles a game is 12 points right? don't know how much he is losing by scoreboard impact or goal assists with Melbourne starting the year roughly but where is he going to make up these points? the scoreboard stuff might sort itself out when Melbourne start winning games/playing better/ kicking higher scores equally more scoring chains to be involved in but that tackle count may not lift because of the shoulders.

Only 2 spots to fill?
So Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Rocky and who are the other two with seats?